KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » DragonLance Saga

DragonLance Saga
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Khan

Re:

Yes, there is an upcoming The Legend of Huma comic book. Here is a penciled page, enjoy smile

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:53 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Sweet

Is it just me, or is it obvious that Legend of Huma is your fave DL book? I love them all, but my favorite would probably be Sacred Fire, the conclusion to the Kingpriest Trilogy big grin big grin Awesome book

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:03 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

Nice! Tas!

If you guys would like some 3D stuff id be way happy to help smile

DL is the greatest bookset ever big grin

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 11:41 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

I read Legend of Huma first of all the Dragonlance novels and I simply love the story smile

Thanks for the offer, Zinh. You can send your artwork to [email protected] we'll take a look at it for you.

Here is another Dragonlance picture for The Legend of Huma comic book, enjoy smile

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 01:16 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Okay, I don't like this picture for many reasons:

-Kaz's horns are wrong, minotaurs' horns curve upward
-Huma's face should not show angry determination, but compassion and sorrow
-The height proportion is wrong, minotaurs aren't that tall

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:31 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

LOL, Oh, I forgot to tell you that it is a collage, before I posted it up for you to see. I should have told you and you are right about some of the things that you mentioned. Here is another collage that was done for The Legend of Huma comic book, enjoy smile

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 12:04 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The expression on Huma's face is still wrong, but that better yes big grin

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:14 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Okay, Lord Soth, my friend. Those were the only two collages that I had. My artists are working on more of them, LOL smile

Here is another picture for the upcoming The Legend of Huma comic book, enjoy smile

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 08:05 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

That is masterfully done, I love the intense detail (i.e. Huma's chain mail) I loved the way the dragon's scales look like they're made of ice.

Have you noticed this thread has just become you and me? How odd....

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:45 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Actually, it always happens when I show the pictures of The Legend of Huma on other fantasy boards. I asked them on the boards though why no one gave any feedback. They responded that although that they loved the pictures but they never had a chance to read The Legend of Huma. Others told me that they had already gone to a bookstore and was already reading the novel and they later gave me some feedback. Huma is an important icon in the Dragonlance saga, he is like King Arthur smile

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:38 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Huma is somewhat important in the Chronicles Trilogy, but then he seems to fade, IMO

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 09:33 PM
The_Khan

Re:

In the beginning of Chronicles, Sturm Brightblade speaks often of Huma, his legendary hero that he worships and dreams of becoming. But Sturm dies in the first book so Huma dies with him. Sturm was the purest Knight of Solamnia in Chronicles, most of the other knights were corrupt and would not be caught dead speaking much of Huma.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 12:53 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Very true. I wouldn't have thought of that. My expertise is the War of Souls and Kingpriest Trilogies

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 03:11 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Definitely can't wait until we get to Lord Soth so that I can get your input on the character. He is such a powerful individual surrounded by such weak mortals smile

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 02:42 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Weis and Hickman agree that Lord Soth steals the show everytime he appears big grin

I'd love to give my input yes He's such a deep and introspective character, seeking only redemption for his crimes, which is what I love about him

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:53 AM
The_Khan

Very true smile

Happy Holidays everyone smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 12:40 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Sweet picture, is that cover art for a furture book, or something?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 06:50 AM
The_Khan

Re:

I'm happy that you like it, Lord Soth, my friend. Yes, it is an upcoming cover smile

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 04:51 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Have a Happy New Year everyone smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:24 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

wonderful pics khan! smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 10:49 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote