KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » How do you become a moderator?

How do you become a moderator?
Started by: chooks_on_toast

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bogen
well i think we all got abit twiterpatted after syren posted a piccy of herself stick out tongue

Too shallow

stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:22 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

I know i probably would not be allowed to, but i would love to become one evetnually. I could be reliable.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 04:17 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

I'm posting now, in advanced, to Raz.

If you're ever drunk, or high, or delusional, and for some god forbidden reason consider me to be a moderator, know now that I will not..I repeat...NOT accept.

Regards,
KoK

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:01 PM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
I'm posting now, in advanced, to Raz.

If you're ever drunk, or high, or delusional, and for some god forbidden reason consider me to be a moderator, know now that I will not..I repeat...NOT accept.

Regards,
KoK

Sucker. It's power my friend...POWER.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Originally posted by Bardock42
Sucker. It's power my friend...POWER.
Yes, but with my lacidasical additude towards everything, KMC included, that power would be quickly revoked. It's better to avoid the chaos.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:24 PM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by drewbiefan
I know i probably would not be allowed to, but i would love to become one evetnually. I could be reliable.

Raz doesn't make 4 year old moderators...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:36 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

I would not be on this forum if i was 4messed

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:38 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by drewbiefan
I would not be on this forum if i was 4messed

You mean you're not 4? confused

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:42 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Why would anyone want to be a moderator? It's like working for free. My friend is a mod for a different forum and he spends most of his life on that forum and doesn't get paid. A job without a salary doesn't make a lick of since to me.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:56 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Why would anyone want to be a moderator? It's like working for free. My friend is a mod for a different forum and he spends most of his life on that forum and doesn't get paid. A job without a salary doesn't make a lick of since to me.

Some people already spend their lifes on here anyways.

Also, power...POWER!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:14 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I won't lie: I'd love to be a moderator. But seeing as how I've been a member for less than 2 years, I don't think I deserve such a privilege.

It's not a very hard job, either. I wouldn't even call it a job. All you're doing is cleaning up the forums you already frequent and make sure that it doesn't get sloppy. Moderators don't have to be online from 8 to 5 or anything, moreso just remain as dedicated as ever and do their duties for the duration that they are online.

And FYI, some people don't spend "most of their life" in these forums. That's just a generalization, if you ask me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Impediment
I won't lie: I'd love to be a moderator. But seeing as how I've been a member for less than 2 years, I don't think I deserve such a privilege.

It's not a very hard job, either. I wouldn't even call it a job. All you're doing is cleaning up the forums you already frequent and make sure that it doesn't get sloppy. Moderators don't have to be online from 8 to 5 or anything, moreso just remain as dedicated as ever and do their duties for the duration that they are online.

And FYI, some people don't spend "most of their life" in these forums. That's just a generalization, if you ask me.

I have to agree, with everything in your post. Mod work isn't very hard. I've never been a mod on a forum of this size before but it's never been strenuous.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:41 PM
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

I wasn't saying it was hard work. But none the less it can be considered work even if only for a few hours a day. Beeping a moderator just doesn't seem that appealing to me.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:52 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I wasn't saying it was hard work. But none the less it can be considered work even if only for a few hours a day. Beeping a moderator just doesn't seem that appealing to me.

It's not like you'd have to come on the forums when you wouldn't normally. You'd just post as normal but everynow and then you'd close and move a thread. It's nothing I'd consider work.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:55 PM
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Originally posted by Impediment

Another thing, were I to become a moderator, some of the people in the forum(s) I'd moderate wold look to me as a superior, and act as though they couldn't discuss things with me, because I'm a mod. That is something I don't want.

And plus, the closing fo threads, and possible banning people would be a power I'd probably abuse.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:02 PM
§P0oONY

Another thing, were I to become a moderator, some of the people in the forum(s) I'd moderate wold look to me as a superior, and act as though they couldn't discuss things with me, because I'm a mod. That is something I don't want.

And plus, the closing fo threads, and possible banning people would be a power I'd probably abuse.

That's deffinetly one of the cons... A lot of people treat mods differently to regular members, they never go agaisnt what a mod says even when it's total bullshit.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:04 PM
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Originally posted by §P0oONY
That's deffinetly one of the cons... A lot of people treat mods differently to regular members, they never go agaisnt what a mod says even when it's total bullshit.
I'd just hope not to be a global. If anything, I'd take the Harry Potter forum. There's a lack of action form the current mod, and it's not getting too much attention right now. It'd be easy until book seven comes out.

And if that would happen, the new mod could OTF without being held in to high of a regard.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:11 PM
§P0oONY

I'd just hope not to be a global. If anything, I'd take the Harry Potter forum. There's a lack of action form the current mod, and it's not getting too much attention right now. It'd be easy until book seven comes out.

And if that would happen, the new mod could OTF without being held in to high of a regard.

But you'd have to live with the shame of being mod of the HP forum. stick out tongue

I doubt I post enough in any forum to be eligible for a position as mod. Maybe OTF but that doesn't have a moderator and I'm not known to be the nicest of characters in that forum.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:16 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

It is not easy to moderate posts. No matter how hard we try to be tactful and as gentle as possible to enforce the rules, there will always be members who take any rule enforcement as invasive of their rights. Leading isn' t easy, nor is it always a thankful job.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:20 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Storm
It is not easy to moderate posts. No matter how hard we try to be tactful and as gentle as possible to enforce the rules, there will always be members who take any rule enforcement as invasive of their rights. Leading isn' t easy, nor is it always a thankful job.

I imagine that is probably true... I've never really moderated a forum that has reached the public. The most members that have been on a forum I've moderated was like 500 and that was mostly just friends so there was never really a problem from the members. I imagine that a lot of members give mods shit for decisions that they disagree with.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:24 PM