KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Errors

Harry Potter Errors
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sadge
just me!!

can i say its not really an error but does any1 think aunt petunia was a witch but got expelled like harry nearly did in book 5???

theres something wierd about harrys family and aunt petunia in film 1 theres some thing thats gonna connect in the next book i know it i just dont know what!!!!

oh my god have you seen the harry p 3 preview in the cinema malfoy looks wierd and horrible (no offence)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 06:55 PM
sadge is currently offline Click here to Send sadge a Private Message Find more posts by sadge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i think rowling's biggest error ever in harry potter was the basilisk in book 2. it doesn't sense its prey by hearing, it's smelling with the tongue! besides, a basilisk is a lizard for crying out loud!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:24 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

It's a magical creature, not a normal animal.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:43 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Umm well....Dennis Creavy is a 2nd year in the 5th book, and he was at Hogsmeade....Only 3rd years and up are allowed at Hogsmeade.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 08:04 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
devils_angel_82

this may not be a mistake but in the first movie harry forgot his lines and hermionie was mouthing the words to him on there way to Hagrids house

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:26 AM
devils_angel_82 is currently offline Click here to Send devils_angel_82 a Private Message Find more posts by devils_angel_82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
devils_angel_82

in book 1 it seys that Hermione lent Harry Quidditch through the ages"She had also lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, which turned out to be a very interesting read." On page 46 paragraph 3 of QTtA, it says "The most successful Japanese team, The Toyohashi Tengu, narrowly missed a win over Lithuania's Gorodok gargoyles in 1994." However, Harry borrows QTtA in Book 1 which is set in 1991. -Thanks Rajan

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:31 AM
devils_angel_82 is currently offline Click here to Send devils_angel_82 a Private Message Find more posts by devils_angel_82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Luna150
Here is a mistake on muglenet
When Tom Riddle was talking to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets he said that they were similar because they were both half-bloods. But Harry isn't a half-blood. Lily and James were both wizards and witches. (Many people say that because Lily was muggle born that makes Harry a half-blood, but that is not true. If both parents are witches and wizards you are a pure-blood. Half-blood means ONE parent is a witch/wizard and the other is a muggle.)
Actually pure blood means u have not a drop of muggle blood in ur viens like the malfoys. And muggles borns have muggle perants sos since ur either pureblood halfblood or muggle born the harry (bein niether pure blood or muggleborn) is half blood

Someone is borrowing my book so I can't get the quote, but when Sirus was talking to Harry(in book 5 when their by that big...a wtf is the word...omg...embarrasment that big thing with his relatives.) he said that pretty much all of the pure bloods are related because thier is so few pure bloods noadays, but if what you are talking about is true then there should be a ton of pure blood wizards. And Hargrid in book 1 said that their isn't a wizard that isn't half blood or less(sorry I can't give quote, I thought the first 2 sucked so I didn't buy them) but Sirus says that there is...

Last edited by Kai_Haider on Dec 22nd, 2003 at 06:29 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 06:25 AM
Kai_Haider is currently offline Click here to Send Kai_Haider a Private Message Find more posts by Kai_Haider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by devils_angel_82
in book 1 it seys that Hermione lent Harry Quidditch through the ages"She had also lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, which turned out to be a very interesting read." On page 46 paragraph 3 of QTtA, it says "The most successful Japanese team, The Toyohashi Tengu, narrowly missed a win over Lithuania's Gorodok gargoyles in 1994." However, Harry borrows QTtA in Book 1 which is set in 1991. -Thanks Rajan

That mistake was stated on the previous page...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 06:58 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

it's a mistake that isn't really a mistake....how do you know that the book takes place in 1991? it doesn't say a date anywhere in any of the books. It's a fictional story. I heard someone make that point about Dudely having a PS2. Guess what....if JKR wants Dudley to have a PS2 then he's got a freakin PS2 and that's no mistake.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:01 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

BOP that mistake wasn't the biggest of j.k rowlings and it wasn't even a mistaje. She created athe basilisk (al thoght there is legends abotu such a creture) She cpuld have made the basilisk pink with green spots if she wanted to

LuNa LoVeGoOd Is ThE bEsT

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:04 PM
Luna150 is currently offline Click here to Send Luna150 a Private Message Find more posts by Luna150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

er.. i think i've found one... in the third book hermione had exams at the same time... one in charms (which is a main subject) together with ancient runes and transfirgion (main subject) at the same time as arithmancy. how many students need a time turner, because they took ancient runes? because they must do charms, too!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 03:42 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by Candy
er.. i think i've found one... in the third book hermione had exams at the same time... one in charms (which is a main subject) together with ancient runes and transfirgion (main subject) at the same time as arithmancy. how many students need a time turner, because they took ancient runes? because they must do charms, too!

I don't get it, lol. Please explain.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:53 PM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

er... in the third harry potter book, prisoner of azkaban hermione had a time table for the exams. (american version on page 315)There stood:
Monday:
9 o'clock Arithmancy
9 o'clock Transfiguration
Lunch
1 o'clock Charms
1 o'clock Ancient Runes

Transfiguration and Charms are main subjects, they dont choose them... like english, or maths... they can chooses ancient runes and arithmancy. So ya must do for example charms, because it's a main subject. And ya chose ancient runes, nothing exept ancient runes. You need still a time turner, because it's the same time!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:22 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Yeah, but I still don't see a mistake, lol.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 02:39 AM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

how many stuents wpuld need a time turner? Because ever student who has taken ancient runes in the 3rd year need a time turner, because it takes place at the same time like charms, which is a subject everyone has...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 07:01 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

It was because she had so many subjects, she needed a time turner to get to all of her classes. If she had just chosen Ancient Runes, then she would have had it at different time than Charms.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 02:17 AM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

i think all teh third year do the exams at the same time? and if someone takes divinatuion and muggle studies? in the books they said the lessons are often at teh same time!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 06:40 PM
danis4ever

Aren't they afraid that one day j.k. rowling would actually yell at them and say... "How dare you change the sentences?"

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 06:52 PM
danis4ever is currently offline Click here to Send danis4ever a Private Message Find more posts by danis4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by The Unknown
It's a magical creature, not a normal animal.

but, still...the name and statis of a repltile don't apply correctly.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 03:53 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by Candy
i think all teh third year do the exams at the same time? and if someone takes divinatuion and muggle studies? in the books they said the lessons are often at teh same time!

No, they do the exams in their class.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 04:46 AM