KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Errors

Harry Potter Errors
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jim Colyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am glad to see the Harry Potter series coming to an end.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 03:36 AM
Jim Colyer is currently offline Click here to Send Jim Colyer a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Colyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

I'm not gonna read through the whole thread so someone may have posted this before.

But in Chamber Of Secrets, Percy takes 5 points from Gryffindor off Ron, (When Ron said Percy only cared about losing his chances at Head Boy-ship) after seeing him and Harry come out of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

BUT

In Order Of The Phoenix, when Malfoy docked points from Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ernie, Ernie said "Only teachers can dock points, Malfoy." and Malfoy said, "I know prefects can't dock points, Macmillan, but members of the Inquisitorial Squad can."

So how could Percy have taken points off Ron? Was he bluffing?

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 12:06 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Prefects can take House Points from Students who aren't Prefects themselves. Only Teachers may take Points from Prefects, however the Inquisitorial Squad was given powers by Umbridge to take Points from Prefects also. I hope that made sense.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 12:54 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel

Well I understood what you said but....no it didn't make sense. Are you sure? I never saw any proof of that. confused

I do.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 02:04 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC's Superboy
Boy Of Steel

in book 2 it said myrtle lives in the U bend but in book 4 it says she lives in the S bend

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 02:13 AM
KMC's Superboy is currently offline Click here to Send KMC's Superboy a Private Message Find more posts by KMC's Superboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Re- Prefects and house points. Yes I'm sure, here's a link to the Wikia site that explains it more fully in the "Behind the Scenes" section
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Prefect

I'll also try and dig up the passage, although mine may be one of the unaltered prints as I got it early on. Bascially, it was a mistake first time round as such it was changed to outline that Prefects couldn't usually dock points from other Prefects, but could "lower" students. JKR made a mistake and had to change it later.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 01:12 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thefallen544
Re- Prefects and house points. Yes I'm sure, here's a link to the Wikia site that explains it more fully in the "Behind the Scenes" section
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Prefect

I'll also try and dig up the passage, although mine may be one of the unaltered prints as I got it early on. Bascially, it was a mistake first time round as such it was changed to outline that Prefects couldn't usually dock points from other Prefects, but could "lower" students. JKR made a mistake and had to change it later.

Ohhhhhhh. Thanks.

I do.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:05 AM