KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Nineteen-eighty-four

Nineteen-eighty-four
Started by: lil bitchiness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Just finished it. Didn't really like the end though.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by masterkit
Search Function-Its Like Magic

Use It

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...84+forumid%3A67
Go away.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 04:59 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

lol

no

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 07:08 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
Just finished it. Didn't really like the end though. Go away.

yea exactly, it was too depressing for my taste...
flamboyant....did you have to compare it with a differnt book?...like anthem...?

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:50 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Originally posted by Lyna303
yea exactly, it was too depressing for my taste...
flamboyant....did you have to compare it with a differnt book?...like anthem...?
Nope, I have to pick certain quotes from the book and write my own personalized responses to them. I lost the direction sheet though, so I don't know exactly what to do.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 06:20 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
Nope, I have to pick certain quotes from the book and write my own personalized responses to them. I lost the direction sheet though, so I don't know exactly what to do.

you lucky bastard stick out tongue...i had to read 1984 and Anthem over my summer break just to prepare for a class i haven't even started yet...then when class started (on the first day) we were assigned an essay that is due on monday...god...im procrastinating again...i shouldn't be posting...dammit....o well...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 06:59 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

I started reading it once years ago but never finished sad. Im sure someday Ill read it though.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 07:39 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by masterkit
Search Function-Its Like Magic

Use It

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...84+forumid%3A67

>.>

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 03:53 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castle

It does have one of the most beautiful endings to a book that i have ever read..i won't tell you but its so final that it just makes the perfect ending

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:40 PM
Castle is currently offline Click here to Send Castle a Private Message Find more posts by Castle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

Originally posted by Castle
It does have one of the most beautiful endings to a book that i have ever read..i won't tell you but its so final that it just makes the perfect ending

I fail to see how the ending is 'beautiful' in any way. Maybe it's just me.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:02 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

Originally posted by Castle
its beautiful that he got brainwashed?...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 11:31 PM
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

1984 George Orwell

Does anyone slese who read this book find it very Prophetic? I mean the guy wrote it in the 1930's and its exactly what is going on right now. He must have been a psychic or from the future becuase its spooky how life is Happening almost verbatum to what the Book reads.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 01:28 PM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

when orwell wrote 1984, it wasn't a vision of the future, but of the present.... and it wasn't about obviously totalitarian states like the fascist ones of its day,.... it was about the British and American systems of the day, where the Middle have ousted the High with the aid of the Low, and have had the intelligence to not place themselves in the position of the High... most revolutions involve the replacemant of the High with a group from the Middle.... however, America, Britain, and other democracies have cunningly made themselves a system where there is no obvious High, and the task of Government falls to the Middle.... as rebellion comes from the middle, this leaves them nothing to rebel against, thus neutering them.. the Low have rarely rebelled (if ever) without being egged on by the Middle.. which therefore leads to a society where the Low stay Low and just as happy with their lot as before, and the leadership stays the same without fear of rebellion.. this is why everyone was scared of the Russian revolution.. not because it might inspire the Low to rebel, but that it might inspire disaffected member s of teh Middle to replace the governing middle, and upset the whole system.....

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 02:29 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Lycanthrope
Does anyone slese who read this book find it very Prophetic? I mean the guy wrote it in the 1930's and its exactly what is going on right now. He must have been a psychic or from the future becuase its spooky how life is Happening almost verbatum to what the Book reads.
He, it's like word for word what is happening.

No, wait.

Also, the ending is amazingly good...but "beautiful"? ****ing hell.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 03:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote