KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Venom Ghostrider VS Hulk Juggernaut

Venom Ghostrider VS Hulk Juggernaut
Started by: SuperNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marcellus
executioner

exactly, that is my whole point. this team thing venom and ghosty would lose, and i know juggernuat could beat venom, but i do belive venom can defeat juggernuat.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 12:08 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulkster
Grrrrr...Grrrrr

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Never doesn't need to cry...i'll do the crying for him. First off who the hell r u? where do u see flaw in Never's logic? As never pointed out...stats mean squat. Venom beating Juggy means squat because it's in Venom's own comic series. I see Never providing a very rigorous argument...

Who the Hell am I? Well I know one thing, I am not Hulkalicious...Gay(cough). Oh ya I forgot just because its Venoms Comic means he has to win. Why the Hell are there Stats If they don't even matter. You are a Moron.

"Some day you'll cry for me like I cried for you. Some day you'll miss me like I missed you. - Some day you'll need me like I needed you. Some day you'll love me, but I won't love you."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 04:34 PM
Hulkster is currently offline Click here to Send Hulkster a Private Message Find more posts by Hulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon
Never you brought the issue of Venom's powers being unreal while saying nothing about the unrealness of Juggy's.

Of COURSE they are both "unreal" - they are COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS.

quote:
Next you say, the ability of Venom's Symbiote making it's way past Juggy's force shield is up to the writer. Congratulations that's pertty much what I've been refering to, "THE POSSIBLITY OF VENOM GETTING THROUGH JUGGY'S FORCE FEILD" I never said it was for sure, however unless the fight takes place in an enclosed area Juggy would never really be able to hit Venom IF Venom tried to avoid Juggy or stay out of range while using a camoflauged tendrel of Symbiote to enter Juggy's armor (if it's possible).

Um, let me say this one more time. Venom cannot beat Juggernaut by default; HOWEVER, a WRITER can pen a story arc in which Venom can win. Does that make sense now?

Um do you REALLY think Batman can beat Superman? If Superman so desired, Batman could not. Get it? But Batman has "won" twice already pursuant to the STORY ARC.

Sheesh. Sorry it hurts your feelings that Juggernaut is way way way WAY more powerful than Venom will ever be. Fact, period.

quote:
CHANCES are IF this fight WAS made into a Comic AND my idea for Venom's attack was used, I WOULD THINK it would work since Juggy IS MORE of a Bad Guy then Venom (Venom being a vigialanti now).

Thank God you do not write.

quote:
stats dont mean squat, if you go to the actual marvel site it lists venom to be overall better than juggernuat.

Yes, and Juggernaut is far superior in the stats that MATTER - strength and durability. Duh.

quote:
Hey Never... though you say you have knowledge about the subject, your imature arguing says otherwise. You need to just grow up and face the facts that you are wrong and grow up a bit alright.

Point out **one** "fact" that I am wrong about - if you can smile

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 03:41 AM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

review by justin anderson

the plot: Venom is going insane thanks to a virus. He's almost lost it. In the realm of insanity visited by so many, the Necromancer taunts him. This Necromancer is a murderer, and apparently admired Ghost Rider so much, took his form. Venom is now left to face the entity of Paranoia. In San Francisco, Juggernaut guards his hostage, waiting silently as his bosses tell him to sit still. He hates it. His hostage, Beck Underwood (who happens to be Venom's current girlfriend), sympathized with Juggernaut.

Venom, however, is being torn apart by bats and snakes. Only to find he can now grow claws, and defeats Paranoia, now that he no longer feels it. Necromancer attacks, only for Venom to destroy him. Finally, he faces Dusk, an entity that knows all heroes and villains are insane, and lives off it. Especially Wolverine and Spider-Man. Venom still defeats his madness, realizing that even if heroes are sometimes mad, they're right. The virus dies, leaving Venom back in reality.

The virus was the result of company experimentation. Experimentation which has led to kidnapping, and lies. Not to mention the death of an innocent, as Venom was inadvertently sent against the head of the company, only to kill a janitor by mistake.

Cops surround the apartment, but no one wants to move against Juggernaut. Except for Venom, who will gladly kill him. Back stops the fight, unwilling to see Venom kill again because of her. Juggernaut runs, leaving the two behind. After a quick discussion, Venom returns to the sewers to return the virus to where he found it, as his way to pay respect to it for what it showed him.

It's a revelation for Venom. He learns his two halves must work together, but Eddie must stay in control. He defeats his personal demons, and while he loses his lover, he gains a friend. We also see that Venom has a sense of honor, both against the virus, and his demons. He even lets Juggernaut live (and Venom could probably take him out).

the review: I love how Venom is drawn. The artistic style breaks from the old McFarlane design, taking more of a Sam Kieth approach. Which is why Venom, in this issue, reminds me of the Maxx. Venom has larger muscles, a bigger torso, and his face changes constantly, from his teeth disappearing, to his eyes taking new shapes, as opposed to the single face he often has.

They also add a bit of comedic scenery to the book, from Venom remarking on Wolverine's insanity, to the small rain cloud above his head as he hears his lover can no longer be his lover (not to mention, the sad, depressed look he's given in this panel is probably one we'll never see on his face again).

Last edited by Marcellus on Jan 24th, 2004 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:21 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

He even lets Juggernaut live (and Venom could probably take him out).
yes that part was biased but dont disregard the review ONLY becuase of that

and go here its not really related to this and any fan should enjoy the library of marvel characters going nuts!
www.comicheroes.co.uk/movies.htm

Last edited by Marcellus on Jan 24th, 2004 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:35 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

*yawn* confused

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:37 AM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

please, like i said you have no argument so you try to quote or post little smileys
you do need to grow up and admit you were wrong

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:58 AM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Hulkster
Who the Hell am I? Well I know one thing, I am not Hulkalicious...Gay(cough). Oh ya I forgot just because its Venoms Comic means he has to win. Why the Hell are there Stats If they don't even matter. You are a Moron.

Stats are there for comic book fan boys who have original names like "hulkster" so they can go spouting off about how great their favorite comic book hero is. Like I said earlier.....i don't give a rats ass how high the stats are on Juggernaut or Venom, a person with lower stats like Reed Richards would be able to beat both of them (not at once.) And the fact that Venom beat Juggernaut in a Venom Series of comic books makes all the difference in the world. I guarentee that if it were a Spidey Comic...Venom woulda got the sh.it kicked out of him until Spidey came to help.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jan 24th, 2004 at 06:05 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:00 AM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

this Venom won cuase its his series crap is geting old, so every time a badguy loses its becuase it wasnt his series? have you seen all of the people Juggernaut fights one on one and loses too? he has basically fallin threw the cracks and became a guy everybody likes to see get pounded. did you know he joined the X-men?
yeah real headstrong badass
why dosent someone post a occurance were juggernuat acctualy defeated someone powerfull? and try to make it recent
GOOD LUCK

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:14 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

LMAO. You're asking for a recent Juggernaut fight when the Venom: The Madness comic book was written in 1993?

How ironic is that?

Like taking candy from a baby, I tell ya...oh wait, you're how old again? Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:24 AM
Marcellus
executioner

so that means couldnt find any huh? what a suprise...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:26 AM
Marcellus
executioner

laughing out loud laughing look i can use smileys too, i just like adding some kinda relevance to my posts

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:28 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

He stomped a mudhole in Venom. Editorial:

"Editorial: Frankly, there is no way in Hell Venom takes this throttling conscious throughout the duration. Unless his durability was augmented 30-fold before this story,he should have been a motionless heap of alien symbiote and bitter reporter by only the second page. It should have been over long before the beating went from harsh to midieval. Despite Venom's apparent nigh-invulnerability though it is revealed in the next issue that The Juggernaut's pounding had in fact nearly killed him. But still..."

Apparently we aren't the ONLY ones who realize how ridiculous the story was laughing out loud

You also have Juggernaut battling Hulk numerous times, D'Spayre, and Thor after the Onslaught Saga.

He stomped the living hell out of Thor as well.

I think you were saying something about Juggernaut beating someone "recently...?"

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:31 AM
Marcellus
executioner

guess what i know were you got that, ive read the site it was a serious fanboy tear jerker about how his hero lost.at least my reviews arnt from venom fan sites. AS YOU WERE SAYINGHappy Dance Happy Dance

you clearly dont know, Juggernuat lost so much self confiedence he wined until pro. X let him join the X-men

and i mean RECENT, 2004 recent you have no idea whats going on in marvel do you?

has juggernuat ever been a global threat? not likely

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:40 AM
Marcellus
executioner

review by justin anderson

the plot: Venom is going insane thanks to a virus. He's almost lost it. In the realm of insanity visited by so many, the Necromancer taunts him. This Necromancer is a murderer, and apparently admired Ghost Rider so much, took his form. Venom is now left to face the entity of Paranoia. In San Francisco, Juggernaut guards his hostage, waiting silently as his bosses tell him to sit still. He hates it. His hostage, Beck Underwood (who happens to be Venom's current girlfriend), sympathized with Juggernaut.

Venom, however, is being torn apart by bats and snakes. Only to find he can now grow claws, and defeats Paranoia, now that he no longer feels it. Necromancer attacks, only for Venom to destroy him. Finally, he faces Dusk, an entity that knows all heroes and villains are insane, and lives off it. Especially Wolverine and Spider-Man. Venom still defeats his madness, realizing that even if heroes are sometimes mad, they're right. The virus dies, leaving Venom back in reality.

The virus was the result of company experimentation. Experimentation which has led to kidnapping, and lies. Not to mention the death of an innocent, as Venom was inadvertently sent against the head of the company, only to kill a janitor by mistake.

Cops surround the apartment, but no one wants to move against Juggernaut. Except for Venom, who will gladly kill him. Back stops the fight, unwilling to see Venom kill again because of her. Juggernaut runs, leaving the two behind. After a quick discussion, Venom returns to the sewers to return the virus to where he found it, as his way to pay respect to it for what it showed him.

It's a revelation for Venom. He learns his two halves must work together, but Eddie must stay in control. He defeats his personal demons, and while he loses his lover, he gains a friend. We also see that Venom has a sense of honor, both against the virus, and his demons. He even lets Juggernaut live (and Venom could probably take him out).

the review: I love how Venom is drawn. The artistic style breaks from the old McFarlane design, taking more of a Sam Kieth approach. Which is why Venom, in this issue, reminds me of the Maxx. Venom has larger muscles, a bigger torso, and his face changes constantly, from his teeth disappearing, to his eyes taking new shapes, as opposed to the single face he often has.

They also add a bit of comedic scenery to the book, from Venom remarking on Wolverine's insanity, to the small rain cloud above his head as he hears his lover can no longer be his lover (not to mention, the sad, depressed look he's given in this panel is probably one we'll never see on his face again).

what do you know, the review i posted goes into detail......

are you sure you have been collecting comics for 22 years?
cuase those things in the middle of the sunday paper arnt Marvel comics.
So it looks like you got some catching up to do....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:50 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

One, he was on point, "fanboy" or not. Juggernaut = 30 times more durable than Venom.

Two, what was that garbage that you posted? Who the hell is Justin Anderson? LoL @ "Venom will gladly kill him."

Juggernaut stomped the living hell out of Thor and Venom is supposedly stronger? LoL rolling on floor laughing

Has Venom ever been a neighborhood threat? Not likely~

Who gives a crap if Juggernaut lost self-confidence? And um, you BETTER mean Uncanny (which I don't read) and not NEW X-Men, because Juggernaut damn sure isn't with the NEW X-Men.

After all of your whining, Juggernaut is still 10x stronger, 30x more durable, and 10x more dangerous than wimpy Venom.

Pound sand~

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:18 AM
Marcellus
executioner

pound sand? thats sad buddy no im convinced your some middle school jerk off.

Juggernaut stomped the living hell out of Thor and Venom is supposedly stronger? that matters why?

no im pretty sure you dont read comics altogether
so post another smiley and grab your funions, you got a lot of reading to do

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:22 AM
Eidolon

Venomfan the editorial Never Posted, I found on a Juggernaught web site and only referes to the fist comic in which Venom is distracted by the virus talking to him in the sewers. In the next 2 comics both engagments end with Venom having the upper hand. Also Juggy never stomped Thor, Thor was the winner in both of their fights. In one fight Thor removed Juggy's force field with his magic hammer and then proceeded to pound the crap out of Juggy.

Never you only read New X-men, out of curosity what does that do to your sense of In or Out of countunity for Juggy then?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 05:07 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

yeah saw that site a while ago, it was a serious fanboy attempt to cover up juggernuat geting his as kicked AGAIN, I think he dosent read comics all together, and just looks at him marvel directory, i havent even gone into how the CURRENT 2004 Venom would absolutley mop the floor with juggernuat.
and yes he is a GLOBAL threat wether you like it or not
the symbiote changed into a self reliable "Venom" now it kills at will and is basically immune to physical harm(wolverine torn it to shreds and it luaghs at him)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 09:18 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

My "sense" of in and out of continuity, Eidolon? What exactly do you mean?

For example, Venom vs. Juggernaut was OUT of continuity.

JLA vs. Avengers = IN continuity.

Elektra: Assassin = IN continuity.

Dark Knight Returns = OUT of continuity.

Umm, Juggernaut never stomped Thor? Do you HAVE the comic book? If so, QUOTE for me a few of their exchanges and tell me EXACTLY what page it is on - stop paraphrasing websites.

Do you even know how many times they have met? Without researching the internet, Eidolon. No, you do not.

Venomfan you don't even know what a "global threat" is roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur = "global threat."

Magneto = "global threat."

Juggernaut = "global threat."

Venom = local threat. LoL, you take fanboyism to unprecedented heights.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 10:56 PM