KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » LOTR-most cringeworthy moment

LOTR-most cringeworthy moment
Started by: shadowy_blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Member.

wtf, that is the BEST scene in the movie. seeing him be desperate as to eat raw catfish = wow. btw, catfish is the best fish to eat. not raw tho.
quote:
4. I'm not sure which scene you are refering to.
this is sad. near the end where frodo wakes up again after being rescued by eagles and sees gandalf standing at end of bed, he's like "GGGAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLFFFFFFFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" and gandalf just stands there laughing. really weird scene, gandalf's laugh was...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 04:40 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LOTRLUVR
I just want to look at it

quote:
Originally posted by sauron
"They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind tham" and "a red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night@

ok legolas look gimli is ten feet behind you aragorn 15 in front who the HELL are you talking too

anything with frodo he turns EVERY joke into a cuddle-fest

frodo: whats in here?
sam: seasoning...you know incase we were having roast chicken one night
frodo: roast chicken
sam: *laughs*
audience: *laughs*
everyone looks at frodo expecting him to laugh or do something funny
frodo: my DEAR sam

ok you love him frodo get over it....

What the f**k?First off, I hardely agree with anybody's comments on this board.Secondly,the book was written years ago...When guys didn't love other guys!Get over it...You obviously don't get the movie or books like other people do!Every joke is not a cuddle-fest.Legolas is an elf.In the books Tolkein wrote,Elves were wise...So,why shouldn't Legolas say something like that?!He doesn't have to be talking to anyone else,people talk to themselves all the time,personally I think he is telling Gimli and Aragorn that blood has been spilled the night before.He doesn't NEED to look at them to be telling them that! madThis board is annoying me....Sorry everyone for posting this if you get mad,I don't care...I am sick and tired of people who take the movie or the books the wrong way....

I forgot who made this sig,but thank you so much!~Tell me if you made the sig~

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:43 AM
LOTRLUVR is currently offline Click here to Send LOTRLUVR a Private Message Find more posts by LOTRLUVR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LOTRLUVR

And even if they are ten or fifteen feet infront of or behind him...HE DOESNT NEED TO BE TELLING THAT TO ANYONE!!!The scene where Frodo waked up and says Gandalf is not a weird scene.Frodo thought Gandalf was dead the whole time!It was almost as if Frodo was questioning if Gandalf was really there or not...They were laughing because it was finally over and it was a relief to know that they were both alive!

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:46 AM
LOTRLUVR is currently offline Click here to Send LOTRLUVR a Private Message Find more posts by LOTRLUVR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

uuuhhh...first of all, I did this thread to know what you guys personally think are cringeworthy moments, so no need to tell us about what's in the book or not, we read the book too and we know that. What we're talking about here is what we think is cringeworthy in our own opinions so no need to tell us that we're taking the books and movies the wrong way. If you think the movie is perfect without any scenes that annoys you or make you cringe, fine. But you don't have to comment on us just because we think some scenes are hilarious, or annoying, or such.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:24 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LOTRLUVR

Sorry,just getting annoyed today,nothing personal,really,it's just today....

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:28 AM
LOTRLUVR

The movie is not 'perfect' but it is darn close

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:29 AM
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by LOTRLUVR
What the f**k?First off, I hardely agree with anybody's comments on this board.

And you don't have to agree with our answers about this topic. No one really cares if you agree or not. We are just stating our opinions to answer what the thread is asking.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:29 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

quote:
The movie is not 'perfect' but it is darn close

Agreed. smile

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:31 AM
LOTRLUVR

Sorry bout the post,it is just today,really....Bad day today...Must be happy....I know obody cares what I think,nobody ever usually does anyways...I've been on other message boards lately with people that only like the movie becuase 'the actors are soooo hot!' and it is just annoying,sry....sad

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:34 AM
LOTRLUVR

Just my opinion.....Sorry if I made it (a scene?would you really call it that....?hmmm...)

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:36 AM
shadowy_blue

quote:
Sorry bout the post,it is just today,really....Bad day today...Must be happy....I know obody cares what I think,nobody ever usually does anyways...I've been on other message boards lately with people that only like the movie becuase 'the actors are soooo hot!' and it is just annoying,sry....sad

In that case, we will agree with each other more frequently. big grin I'm also annoyed by the so-called fans because of the hotness of the actors. They're fans of the actors (nothing in particular) but not necessarily of the movie itself or the book. It makes me ballistic sometimes.

And no, you misunderstood. We care about how you think and feel, not just necessarily about this topic, you see. But we respect your opinion too and whatever you think about certain matters other than this. big grin

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:40 AM
LOTRLUVR

How I loathe the people who call themselves fans because they love the actors...They think they know it all(well,a lot of them,that is)You can love the actors...But at least know something about them movie rather than drooling over the actors all day.lol smile (please log in to view the image) I wonder if that picture will work......

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:46 AM
LOTRLUVR

Although,I do tend to drool over Billy/Pippin....lol (please log in to view the image)

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 05:47 AM
Mor Edaín
I don't have no Title

well i agree with the legolas point you've already made several times.. really thought I was the only one laughing my ass of hearing his very intelligent [NOT] remarks for the first time... [screw all those fifteen-year-old Orlando Bloom- lovers around me :P] ... Aragorn is much, much better!! seriously can't understand him falling' in love with Arwen... bleegh.. don't like that women.. she's completely over-dramatic.. the 'falling-book scene' par example... or that stoupid tear on her cheek, rolling down during áges.... think i just can't stand her loving Aragorn.. he's MY preciousss!!!! wink

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 02:59 PM
Mor Edaín is currently offline Click here to Send Mor Edaín a Private Message Find more posts by Mor Edaín Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mor Edaín
I don't have no Title

ow and btw 'LOTRLUVR', i'm sorry drooling about the actors... didn't actually read that comment of yours before.... have to say i do know a lot about the story too, don't you worry!! [read the lord of the rings a couple of years ago, and at this very moment i'm dealing with the Silmarillion.. quite interesting!!! would like a chat about it's contents...]
however I also like the actors...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:00 PM
Mor Edaín is currently offline Click here to Send Mor Edaín a Private Message Find more posts by Mor Edaín Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LOTRLUVR

quote:
Originally posted by Mor Edaín
ow and btw 'LOTRLUVR', i'm sorry drooling about the actors... didn't actually read that comment of yours before.... have to say i do know a lot about the story too, don't you worry!! [read the lord of the rings a couple of years ago, and at this very moment i'm dealing with the Silmarillion.. quite interesting!!! would like a chat about it's contents...]
however I also like the actors...

I just started the Silmarillion a couple of days ago...lol Happy Dance sorry bout the smiley,I seem to have a 'thing' for the dancing guy...He makes your day happier...lol

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 08:43 PM
Mor Edaín
I don't have no Title

did you? big grin great

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 09:15 PM
LOTRLUVR

lol big grin

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 09:38 PM
enya

i thought the whole fish was digusting i but i did like it cos it got a reaction

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 10:34 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

What about Frodo's fingernails???? Nowhere in the book does it say he is an obsessive nail biter!!!!!! Plus has anyone noticed that the film and book can be much improved by adding "said Sam, wistfully" or "said Sam, rubbing his bottom" to the ends of random lines of dialogue....

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 11:27 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote