KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Witch Craft

Witch Craft
Started by: The Force

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
a lot of BS imo

yup

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 08:48 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
I like your points Fire and yes Voodoo is a religion. Hollywood has done injustice to that religion with so many awful movies portraying it as Evil. Now, from what I understand there is such thing as black magic in Voodoo which it has another name (can't remenber it) but those shamans that practice white magic refer to it as Voodoo. So is matter of distinction rather than just opinion.

how is voodoo, a good thing, and also how is it a religion? huh

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 09:32 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Witchcraft is a religion of respect, and a way of life that focuses on the balance between nature and man, as well as, the physical and spiritual world. It is a universal based religion, believing in the seen and unseen forces in all nature here on earth and in the greater universe. It is a religion of honor and respect for all living things.
In order to achieve balance, one must first learn respect for all things.

Witchcraft as religion has existed for thousands of years, under many labels and in many countries.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 10:14 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm with fire on this one, complete nonsense I think.

for those who want to bring religion into this by saying "well it's the same as god and satan"... I also don't believe in either of them, it's all BS too me.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 10:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I dont think many religions are a good or a bad thing, they are just a lot of BS if you take em serious imo best is to let them be

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 11:51 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
how is voodoo, a good thing, and also how is it a religion? huh

I think that voodoo is consider white magic. It is the main religion of Haiti, also practiced in Cuba, Trinidad, Brazil, and the southern United States, especially Louisiana. Voodoo combines elements of Roman Catholicism and tribal religions of western Africa, particularly Benin. Voodoo cults worship a high god, Bon Dieu; ancestors or, more generally, the dead; twins; and spirits called loa. The loa, which may vary from cult to cult, are African tribal gods that are usually identified with Roman Catholic saints.Other elements of Roman Catholicism in Vodou include the use of candles, bells, crosses, and prayers and the practices of baptism and making the sign of the cross. Among the African elements are dancing, drumming, and the worship of ancestors and twins.The rituals of Vodou are often led by a priest, called a houngan, or Shaman.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:56 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
Witchcraft is a religion of respect, and a way of life that focuses on the balance between nature and man, as well as, the physical and spiritual world. It is a universal based religion, believing in the seen and unseen forces in all nature here on earth and in the greater universe. It is a religion of honor and respect for all living things.

Witchcraft as religion has existed for thousands of years, under many labels and in many countries.

Well said Storm.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:40 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ń€
???

i think the whole witch craft thing is kinda cool. i wouldn't mind trying it, it's really interessing. and the god and sitan thing is true, we cant prove they are real, so why believe in them? but i like the witch craft thing to be honest.

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:42 AM
§H@Ń€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ń€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ń€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

i'm really interestied in it i havn't acctully done anything big just small stuff like portection spells and makeing people feel more cofodent but its not like i'm going to go kill some one with a giant laser beam out of my hand lol i'm compleatly fine with it and i'm catholic smile

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 04:07 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
astrid133

Re: Witch Craft

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
is an evil satanic act, in which some ppl proceed to take part in.

personally i think witchcraft is right up there with suicide,
if anybody takes part in witchcraft or knows somebody who does, can you answer me why?

thank you for your time

I think you need to define what your talking about. If your talking about flying brooms and evil curses then I think you would need to disbelieve the people that are telling you this.
If your talking about Wicca or Paganism then these are nature loving religions that are older than most religions nowadays. It deals mostly with meditation and purity and healing. Nothing evil nothing bad. Wiccans, witches or pagans DO NOT believe in the devil. The devil has nothing to do with it. As any book on the subject would advise you.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 11:11 AM
astrid133 is currently offline Click here to Send astrid133 a Private Message Find more posts by astrid133 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

couldnt have explained it better myself storm. are you speacking for personal knowledge and experience? you know what your talking about!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:29 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ooh ooh, someone said Wicca is older than most organised religion... another alert flag flies up with me! That is a myth; Wicca is less than two centuries old, in fact for all important considerations it is barely more than half a century old- it is a very modern construction based on 19th century spiritualism and not codified until the 20th.

Unlike paganism in general, of course.

As I understand it, most Wiccans these days understand and appreciate that, because after all, does it really matter how old it is? The associate editor of the website The Witches' Voice (obviously a Wiccan herself) summarised it thusly:

"It doesn't matter to me how old Wicca is, because when I connect with Deity as Lady and Lord, I know that I am connecting with something much larger and vaster than I can fully comprehend. The Creator of this universe has been manifesting to us for all time, in the forms of gods and goddesses that we can relate to. This personal connection with Deity is what is meaningful. For me, Wicca works to facilitate that connection, and that is what really matters."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 3rd, 2004 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

quote:

Pretty much what I would have said, only better! wink

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 01:03 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
astrid133

I stated that Paganism is an older religion not in a ' its older than others and therefore is better/more important way. It's just that I have found that alot of people confuse it nowadays and think that I mean I believe Sabrina the teenage witch or something. I find it hard to discuss it with some people as they think I'm talking about Devil worship!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:05 PM
astrid133 is currently offline Click here to Send astrid133 a Private Message Find more posts by astrid133 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

quote:
For me, Wicca works to facilitate that connection, and that is what really matters."

All religions acomplish this, they all facilitate the connection with "God" if u will. Whoever said the force is the energy flowing through all living beeings was really close to the truth, but it also flows through the rocks and trees and everything that we call nature. Ancient witchcraft was the art of connecting to this great flow of natural energy allowing the "witch" to use it to heal (the most usual/only use) the human body.

quote:

Indeed, it is up there with shamanism and vodoo and all the rest, an old and respected way of life. At least respected by those who do not throw it aside as gibberish.

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 06:32 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

damn movies, damn the media mad

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 07:28 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

ok i have tried afew things in wicca because im a white witch but its not stupid if you believe in it it makes you feel safe to have something to believe in people believe in alot of things why just pick up on witch craft when your making it sound like satanism#you may think its weird but look at who said it

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 07:52 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

voodoo is a positive religion...hoodoo (im serious, not jokin) is the practice in "black magic" commonly referred to in movies as voodoo.

as for witch craft, theres two kinds as well.
Wicca for the majority as i understand is not about cursing people or anything like thats, its like promoting love n crap like that...
anyway...i dont deal with any of this, my sis did for a while, i think she jus did it for the philosophy, but like any belief/religion, its probably more about the ideas that come from it...
im not athiest, but i dont consider myself a catholic anymore either. i believe that i can learn from the teachings of the bible n all, but not specifically in the myth coming from it, such as everything pertaining to jesus and mary...
i dont believe the story of creation either.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 08:55 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthnikita

Smile

I know I'm new to this forum, but I am a Witch, a Wiccan if you will and have been for several years. Neither I nor my fellow witches believe in or recognize "Satan." And as far as being into white or black magick, true Witches that follow the Wiccan Rede DO NOT perform harmful (black) magick. I'm not saying there aren't some twisted individuals out there, but that is true of ANY RELIGION. ANY RELIGION can have people who twist its ideals into something its not supposed to be. I practice my magick to connect more with the earth and my gods and goddesses. I don't sacrifice animals or babies. I believe that if I do harm to anyone or anything I'll be harmed three-fold. Even if I don't agree with another religion, I'll never deny another person's right to believe in it or put it down. So to conclude (sorry if it seems I'm on a soap-box), most Witches aren't bad people. Just like most Jews, Muslims, Christians, Buddists, Taoists, followeres of Shamanism and Voodoo, etc... aren't bad people. Using what the media shows us to stereotype other people's beliefs is sad and all too common. I only hope that this message will help to dispel some of the negative myths about witches.
Thank you for your time. smile

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 10:12 PM
darthnikita is currently offline Click here to Send darthnikita a Private Message Find more posts by darthnikita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I do not think Witch Craft is evil, being un educated towards it and judging something you do not know is prejudice and dumb on your part.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 12:19 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote