KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Witch Craft

Witch Craft
Started by: The Force

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I wouldn't know about that, all I know is the american schedule hardly plays actual videos. It's mostly just a bunch of bad reality shows.

Yeh, the main MTV channel plays lots of pretty bad reality shows but MTV 2 is dedicated to rock and metal music both mainstream and alternative.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 07:39 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

hmm...not the mtv 2 here in america, it's starting to get filled with shows that have nothing to do with music.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
hmm...not the mtv 2 here in america, it's starting to get filled with shows that have nothing to do with music.

Thats not the case with MTV 2 Europe...yet messed

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 09:23 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
Does Witchcraft have mythologies? Absolutely, but some are borrow from Christianity, Islam, and Judaism which are the three biggest religions in the world today.

I've actually never heard of Witchcraft, as I said before. I know that Wicca and Pagenism are much older than Christianity.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:37 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr, no, as I said before, Wicca is not, it's just over half a century old.

Still looking for those missing Hindus...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Ok, but Peganism is older than Christianity, right? messed

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:52 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

And isnt hinduism one of the oldest religions messed cos no one really knows when hinduism began exactly....

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:53 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Judaism is the oldest as far as I know.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No no...i saw a chart somewhere...Hinduism is older than Judeism. lot...older.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:57 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Moses was the writer of the Genesis and the Exodus. So maybe Judaism is the oldest written religion?

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Feb 5th, 2004 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:00 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Buddhism is really old. And hinduism is even older...is so old, that they do not remember when the religion was first formed...there are different branches of hinduism..Judeism has a starting point...

I'll go have a look...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:04 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I need to take a look too, because I think the Old Testament is the oldest and first written Holy book in the world. As for Buddhism I don't think is the oldest because Prince Siddhartha Gautama was born in 556 BC so therefore Buddhism can not be the older than Judaism.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:08 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Most reference books list Hinduism as the oldest world religion. This is probably because Hinduism has the oldest recorded roots, which lie in Dravidianism. Dravidianism is estimated to have been practiced around 6,000 to 3,000 BCE and as such predates the Sumerian, Egyptian, and Babylonian cultures.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:11 AM
Syren
dreaming

Go Lil!!!

And Wicca f*ckin rocks. you just gotta know what ur doin is all..........

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:28 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

So Hinduism is originally derives from Dravadianism? The Hebrew calendar states that creation happen in 3758 B.C.E. so maybe Hinduism might be older than I thought it was.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:31 AM
astrid133

Paganism is far older than Christianity.
Wicca, Witchcraft are all from this.
I wrote my Degree study on this.
It was really good as living in Scotland there are plenty of ruins and standing stones to visit.
I'm interested in all Goddess based religions.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 01:31 PM
astrid133 is currently offline Click here to Send astrid133 a Private Message Find more posts by astrid133 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
I know that Wicca and Pagenism are much older than Christianity.

wicca -> Gerald Gardner -> 1950' s

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 01:41 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Okay, we can all get confused.
In the beginning we had these Nature-religions all over the world. Shamanistic religions. They’re the oldest known religions and dates back to the dawn of humanity. They deal with nature and spirits – like American Indian and Eskimo beliefs.

Next comes the so-called temple-religions. They include Hinduism, Ancient Greek and Roman Gods, Norse Gods, Egyptian, Babylonian, Maya etc. They’re recognisable by having many Gods and Goddesses, who’re sometimes quite human, and you went to a temple to make sacrifices to get favours. These religions really started when humans started to settle in cities – the urbanisation period – some 12.000 years ago. Early Judaism was, for example, strongly influenced by Babylonian mythology. The ten commandments are almost an exact copy of the “Law of Hammurabi”, an ancient Babylonian King, who were given the law by a god.

Next are the prophet-religions. These religions are classified by having One God, and a man (always a man) a prophet, a messiah, someone who spreads the word. The first “prophet” is Siddhartha – Buddha, founder of Buddhism. The next is Jesus, the founder of Christianity and the third is Mohammed – the founder of Islam. These religions have a God who can read your mind – is omnipotent and removed from Earthly matters.
All prophet religions are a kind of version 2.0 of temple religions. Buddhism is derived from Hinduism. Christianity from Judaism, and Islam from both Christianity and Judaism.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 01:55 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

yes

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 02:01 PM
NyC-gUrL is currently offline Click here to Send NyC-gUrL a Private Message Find more posts by NyC-gUrL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

My friend Karen and I used an Ouija board a lot in high school. We asked it questions that the other person couldn't possibly know the answers to and everything it said either came true or was true.

It spooked us real bad one night and her sister took it and drove over it with her jeep and broke it in half. Then she burned it. That was the end of our Ouija board.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 04:15 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote