KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Darth Tyranus

Darth Tyranus
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

Re: ..........

Darth Bane would have been my choice and before you say it I know he is dead. I see Tyranus as being huge. About 8ft tall and well built but not very bright. I think he will be CGI but I hope he isn't.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2000 01:26 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

£

The one thing that I hope for is that

1: He is cooler than Darth Maul (which would be quite a challenge for Lucasfilm)

2: He is in more scenes than Darth Maul was (which shouldn't be much of a challenge for Lucasfilm)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2000 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Darth Tyranus

I agree with you on both of your points DD. Being cooler than Darth Maul will be hard to pull off, but Lucas can do it. And more air time is definetly needed, at least to prove he is a bad mother you know what.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2000 10:46 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yep I agree. Hmmm, I thought it took 50 posts to loose your Padawan status. You should be a Jedi Knight by now.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't think he or she has to be cooler than Maul because I think Tyranus will just be a character to fill in time until we get Anakin. Is Tyranus how you spell the dinosaur?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 01:40 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

No that's Tyrannosaurus Rex you're thinking of. Living during the late Jurassic Period, this living monster was the largest of known predatorial Dinosaurs. Moving on its large hind legs, its small arms were small and weak compared to the rest of its body, although studies have suggested that they were actually stronger than the arms of a human.
Hunting its prey in large fern valleys, a T-Rex as it is sometimes called, would hunt by spiralling around in a circle, getting closer and closer towards its food. This technique is very similar to that of a Tiger and a T-Rex could run at speeds up to 40 miles per hour.

All of this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Darth Tyranus, but I thought you might be interested in the history of the dinosaurs.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 02:34 AM
Darth Heinous

Re: Darth Dinosaur?

Actually, if you studied your dinosaurs more closely you'll learn that, T-Rex is NOT the largest carnosaur (though it's still got the biggest teeth). Giganotosaurus is a few feet longer (a fairly recent discovery) and a even newer discovered carnosaur who has a Souh American name is even larger than Giganotosaurus and T-Rex. Also the T-Rex lived in the Cretaceous period of the Mezoic Era, not the Jurassic period. Perhaps Darth Tyranus should be named Darth Dinosaur instead? Ha-Ha-Ha. Enjoy learning some new info on dinosaurs. Cheers!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 01:10 AM
Darth Daft

Yes I was guessing most of that stuff. I did actually know that there had been predator dinosaurs discovered that were larger than it, but I didn't think anyone would notice if I lied. You obviously know your stuff Darth Heinous (well, about Dinosaurs anyway)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 02:12 AM
Jedimaster3838

Sweet, I love Jurassic Park, what a great movie. I believe that part three comes out this summer. Hehehe

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 05:03 AM
Darth Daft

Yeah is Steven Speilberg involved again or is there a completely different crew?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 06:20 PM
Jedimaster3838

Darth Tyranus

Its a whole new crew, Michael Cricton(SP?) didn't even write the book, but they do have the character Alan Grant returning. Back to the subject, I heard the rumor that Christopher Lee's character (Count Dooku) will be trained in the Sith arts(The guy using two lightsabers). Is there any validity to this rumor, or does everyboy think he will still be a senator?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 08:27 PM
KJ
Sausages

I still think he will be a Dark Jedi. But I've also heard that Count Dooku is Darth Tyranus.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 08:46 PM
Darth Daft

I think we should see thousands of Dark Jedi fighting in a war against the Jedi.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 09:18 PM
Darth Heinous

Re: The Great Schism . . .

Perhaps the next Tales Of The Jedi will be about The Great Schism (about 11,500 years before Episode 4). That's when thousands of Dark Jedi get kicked out of the (Old) Republic and they join up with the orginal Dark Lord of the Sith (his name is unknown).

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 02:44 AM
Darth Daft

Is the original dark lord of the Sith Darth Bane? Sorry, my knowledge of outside the films is very limited.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 04:14 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Tyranus does sound too trekky. Maul was okay, but Vader was so...UNEARTHLY. The two syllable name had finality about it. Darth VA-DER. Boom. Hey, don't mess with this guy. You go beyond 3 syllables and the guy will slice you up with his saber before you get it all out. "Hey look, Obi-Wan, its Darth wahinibookybooky.." and you're in two pieces before you get the rest of it out. It can't be a common name. Ben was a common name, Luke a little less so, and Han is practically unheard of as well as Leia. I'm obviously speaking only of humans here. Vader being the original Darth is a hard act to follow. The name is so ingrained into the fans brains. At least this fans.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 06:31 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I agree with that but I still like Sidious as a name even though it's longer.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 06:41 PM
Darth Daft

I realised that if you put "IN" in front of Vader and Sidious it makes invader and insidious, both real words. I know Maul doesn't work like that, but still perhaps the new Sith Lord will have a name with the same characteristics.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 09:00 PM
KJ
Sausages

Vader is the Dutch word for father.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 03:06 AM
Darth Daft

And Darth means Dark doesn't it? Dark Father. Cool.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 03:28 AM