KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » !i!i!hip!i!i!hop!i!i!

!i!i!hip!i!i!hop!i!i!
Started by: Eraserhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (641): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Vast Aire's new album"Look Mom No Hands" is really good.Can't wait to hear a Vordul album.It's a shame they broke up though, they had great chemistry.Along with El-P of course.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:44 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

what kind of hip hop do u listen to, ive neva heard ANY of these songs.dont u like 2pac, fabolous, ludacris, usher, nelly all them?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:47 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i dont like luda, usher, nelly or fab.

but pac i respect him. i dont like his thug attitude but i like songs like his older songs.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:56 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

MF D00m- you like Diabolic? i think he's got really good freestyles.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:59 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
MF D00m- you like Diabolic? i think he's got really good freestyles.

HaHa!That's crazy.I just got that Diabolic about an hour ago.I got his album "Styles For Free".He's ok.The album has some nice tracks so far.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:05 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by iluvpippin
what kind of hip hop do u listen to, ive neva heard ANY of these songs.dont u like 2pac, fabolous, ludacris, usher, nelly all them?

Nah.I don't listen to any of that.I'm into underground sh*t for the most part.I don't listen to any hardcore mainstream outside of Kanye and some Nas.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:08 AM
misha

yeah 2pac rox..i wanna marry him!!! he's so hot too! my fav songs r changes, until the end of time, i aint mad at ya and do for love.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:09 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

most mainstream rap sounds so incredibly similar

especially with the Neptunes producing every single for the past 2 years

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:12 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

whats mainstream rap?? confused

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:13 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

mainstream rap=anything heard on the radio or MTV

and i'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:17 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
i don't even listen to mostly hip hop, i just have a very diverse group of music that i listen to (and I actually listen to it all unlike most people who say they do, but don't)

Well at least when you do listen to hip-hop, it's good hip-hop.I also listen to a lot of music in general.MY favorites include Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Donald Byrd, Chick Corea, Pink Floyd, John Coltrane, Horace Silver, The Doors, and so many other artists.

But it's always hip-hop for me.There's a lot of great hip-hop music out there that i've heard, and the majority of people probably never will get to hear it.Their loss.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:19 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
most mainstream rap sounds so incredibly similar

All of it if you ask me.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:21 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yeah, everyone will have their core music they listen to, bud it's just sad when people never stray from that core music--there are good bands in pretty much every type of music, and most people dismiss them because they "aren't (insert musical style here) enough" i say that's BS, a good band is a good band no matter what

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:21 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

quote:
Originally posted by MF D00m
All of it if you ask me.

The Roots and J5 are getting more mainstream, and they sound different.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:22 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
a good band is a good band no matter what

My thoughts exactly.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:33 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
The Roots and J5 are getting more mainstream, and they sound different.

I suppose, but i think their music is more watered down now.Their previous albums were great but i wasn't all that pleased with their new stuff.There's a lot of artists with the style they have so it's not so different to me anymore.Roots are great though.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:36 AM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

RJD2's new album "Since We Last Spoke" is amazing.Different from his classic debut "Deadringer", but still just as good which says a lot.RJ is one of the most talented musicians alive right now.He'll be droppin' classics for years to come.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:41 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

haven't heard his new album, i acutally didn't even know he had a new album....

deadringer was gooood.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:47 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

hey what you think about Black August by Killah Priest...im thinking about getting but is it better than Heavy Mental?

did i ask this question before?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:48 AM
misha

quote:
mainstream rap=anything heard on the radio or MTV

and i'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not

i was being serious....so u mean u dont like tha ppl i said?? not even ushers new song?? i loove it! an fabolous' new song! i love dancin to it!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:06 AM