KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » !i!i!hip!i!i!hop!i!i!

!i!i!hip!i!i!hop!i!i!
Started by: Eraserhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (641): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
here's MF Doom's music video I Hear Voices. i know D00m you've seen this before.

great song.

Where?

Great video and song though.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 06:03 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underfeat
Retired

I'm just checking into this thread as a proper hip-hop fan but I'll give my 2 cents on things later.

Postwhore die mutha****er! - DMX

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:50 PM
Underfeat is currently offline Click here to Send Underfeat a Private Message Find more posts by Underfeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

kk big grin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:53 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

oops i forgot link for the MF DOom music video

here it is
great song big grin

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/mfdoom

i hate when people say "Doom sux, he's always off beat"

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:09 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madsci
beats beats beats

darth revan> it mostly has to do with the label executives and a/r's.

for those who are unaware: a/r's scout for potential new artist(s) they believe (in their opinion) are "new and fresh." when they find them, a/r's attempt to verbally sell them to the label executives (think used car salesmen). in turn, record company executives expect the everyday consumer to accept their products as "hot." mainly because in their minds, they are the primary suppliers of music that is popular. if you get enough people who think like this, in this position, what you get is mainstream popular music (any and every genre). when the consumers blindly purchase these products in droves, it only confirms the notion they are musical gods, in their minds.

that is how the "game" is played. although in most cases it is carried out in a negative fashion, it can be a positive thing. There are many examples of record labels that are taking positive steps in underground hip hop. For instance, peanut butter wolf with the stones throw label has taken great strides to bridge the gap between talented hip hop artists and disinfranchised hip hop heads. he is only one example, they are many others.

iluvpippin> the fact that you love mainstream hip hop is okay. just realize there are many artists that you have never heard of. yet, that is a good thing too. why? it's like hunting for treasure. once you begin looking long and hard for a new sound, you'll truly value it when you find it. sometimes you have to look beyond your own backyard to find happiness.

happy hunting.

madsci
hip hop purist

Last edited by madsci on Apr 9th, 2004 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 03:24 PM
madsci is currently offline Click here to Send madsci a Private Message Find more posts by madsci Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

nice madsci and welcome back. you dont come on KMC much.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 05:22 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

damn this thread is dying already

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 06:47 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Got the retail Ghostface today.Sounds ok so far, hopefully it gets better.

Ghostface is one of my favorite MC's ever.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 08:16 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Ghostface is good.

D00m you like GZA better or RZA?

i honestly like GZA better. that liquid swords album was nice.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 09:02 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

I only like Ghostface and Gza as far as Wu Tang goes.The others don't really make quality music anymore.Liquid Swords is a CLASSIC and is definatly one of Wu Tang's better albums.One of my all time favorites without a doubt.Rza is still nice though.When he was in his prime nobody could fuk with his beats.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 09:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

what do you think about MF Grimm or is it GM Grimm now

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 09:49 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

It's GM now, but Grimm has been one of my favorite MC's for awhile now.Although his new album wasn't as good as i thought it was gonna be, "The Downfall of Ibliys" was a classic and his singles were all classics as well.He's led a tough life and I have a lot of respect for the man.Personally, I think he's a better MC than Doom.Grimm has great lyrics and they're always real.

Last edited by D00m on Apr 9th, 2004 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 10:31 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yea.

i heard he's makin one more album and he's done.

what you think about Jadakiss. i honestly dont like his music, but the other forum im registered at, they treat him as he's a God.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 10:37 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Yea, a few people like Jadakiss but I personally don't care for him.He's a decent MC, but i wouldn't be giving him props like some people do.I wouldn't buy any of his albums but I'd d/l a song(s).

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 10:40 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

You into a Tribe Called Quest, Hockey?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 10:42 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

honestly its hard to find their stuff.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 10:59 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

I see their stuff all the time.They're the greatest hip-hop group of all time in my opinion.There's a lot of greats, but they're my favorites.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 11:13 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

The new Ill Bill sounds really good.Heard it twice and I want more.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 11:15 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Ill Bill is sick.

Tribe Called Quest...if u think they the best and they really must be.

alright now i have to find some of their stuff.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 11:49 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Start off with the Anthology album from Tribe.It has most of their hits and is definatly a dope album.Midnight Marauders is my favorite Tribe album and Low End Theory is not far behind.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 12:00 AM