KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The Terminator Versus Thread

Who will win the tournament...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Predators 16 94.12%
Aliens 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Terminator Versus Thread
Started by: scifigunslinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bad banana

Pablo - All the machiens come from Skynet. Whether they engage in combat is only a matter of who programmed it to do what. Remember, one of the themes of the original Terminator films is that machines are malleable, and neutral until programmed otherwise.

The T-1000 actually can change from human appearance to liquid form on cue. No time at all.

Skule- A hundred years ago the brightest scientists thought travel to the moon was a mere fantasy and impossible by any measure. Part of what makes the Terminator movies so intriguing is that there is a hint of possibility to them. The machines they create are radically advanced but not entirely out of reach; albeit it would be many decades or even centuries before anything of that magnitude could be produced.

The T-1000 is an advanced prototype, a mimetic poly-alloy (a fusion of different metals). Perhaps it is so advanced Skynet had only built one.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 05:10 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Yes skynet only built one t-1000 it is an advanced prototype this is why I have always assumed that the tx is a T-900 (and I have never heard of a T-900 did they just not use that number??) Skynet was developing the Tx to replace the big less agile T-800’s I think skynet had the ability to mass produce the Tx just like the T-800 but is unable to mass produce The T-1000 this is why I have called the Tx a T-900 on severely occasions because I think it was in development first but I have no really proof of this….

He Skule that smart metals stuff you are talking about is cool stuff. I have seen it used before. When the metal is put into a shape then heated (or cooled I cant remember which one) it wants to stay in that shape if someone where to bend it out of that shape it would try to go back to the shape it was set at (but it needs to be heated to do this so its not so hard) They also have some stuff that looks like tin foil but it is perfectly flat if you crumple it up it will go back to being flat in a mater of seconds…. not as cool as a t-1000 but we don’t have a super computer helping are scientists

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 05:28 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

thats right JRat, its really cool stuff and i know it will be the norm in the future whether it be near of far future remains to be seen. However its a far cry from the t 1000 at the moment but then again its is along the lines of a t 1000 as well and i am sure things will get to that level someday...some how...after all i heard a company is already researching future cellphones which is the speaker in the form of a ring like metal that u place on ur thumb and the mouthpiece u place on ur last finger and u hold ur thumb to ur year and ur last small finger to ur mouth, u know like the expression u make with ur hand saying call me. Never figured using that expression all these year that someday that will "be" my cellphone!!! Anyways going off track here, heh.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 06:05 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

t900 is a completely different machine. u will c it in the t3 video game. get a terminator3 magazine 2 c its picture.it looks quite cool. still dont know what it can do

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:02 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

lol

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:08 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff

alic u r a big time fan of the T franchise

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 03:35 PM
moviebuff is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

thanxsmile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 05:48 PM
carnage713

Miffed

this is my first time posting so bare with me.....

as far as tx vs. t1000 goes its hard to call but basically the tx is a far more advanced killing machine. 1) it has weapons such as plasma guns and flame throwers. 2) it can also control all machines.
As far as physicall abilities go the tx is smarter, and stronger then t1000. In my opinion there both equilly fast. The tx is a machine all it takes is one look at the t1000 and it can be easily identified. But it is vertually impossibe for the t1000 to identify the tx. in t2 the t1000 went around w/ a picture of john conner in order to find him. And lets face it the tx could have easily killed arnold in t3 but instead in decided to corrupt its system (bad idea). so in the actuall fight the only thing that gives the t1000 an advantage is that its very hard to kill. Now this is just an idea but if the t1000 died in lava which is very hot, couldnt the tx nuetrelize the t1000 with is plasma gun or wut ever and then melt it with the flame thrower? just and idea. but how could the t1000 kill the tx it can only form stabbing weapons, what the hell is that gonna do? the tx can form into people as well without the t1000 even knowing. if the t1000 pulled that it wud be easily identified. in my opinion the tx has the edge for all the reasons i listed. the t1000 is just hard to kill. dont forget the tx is an anti terminator trminator. shes been created to kill terminators.

thats all what do you guys think?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 06:44 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ok i dont get how some ppl say that t3 sucked and never shud hav been made i know that james camron only intended for there to be 2 films but the third one had to of been made. the terminator series wud hav just sucked if they stoped at t2. i think johnathon mostow did i brillian job on this film (in my opinion) the special effects were better than before as well as the action. some of you people who say that t3 is the worst film of 2003 and cant even compare to t1 or t2 need to go watch ur terminator 1 and t2 video tapes a couple more hundred times cuz then maybee you'll relize that t3s not so bad. i mean wut did u expect from the movie. mostow did a good job and like i said t3 had to of been made in order to tell the whole story.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 09:00 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i agree pretty much

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 09:44 PM
alic88
Barzakh

ya never thought bout that 1. what can the t1000 do, stab it, nothingz gonna happen. and as for the plasma gun, umm. i wish they had explained it. may b tx has a special weapon that can kill t1000

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 09:47 PM
carnage713

they shud seriously have a fight betwwen the two weather or not its in t4 or if its in the comic this arguement needs 2 be settled

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 10:48 PM
JRatT12

UGGGGGGG why is everyone assuming that the TX is a more advanced model. You all just see that thing its got on its arm and scrim BIGER WEPON MOST BE MORE ADVANCED. Bigger weapon doesn’t necessarily mean better. I see no proof that the TX was made after the T-1000 Arnold said advanced prototype in the T2 this means more advanced then anything they have crated or are crating.

Look at the T-1000 how could it not be more advanced. The TX will die with the simple removable of a head you can crush its body you can break its Arms it can lose lags. This means the TX is destroyable MANY WAYS TO KILL IT. There is only one way to kill a T-1000……AND EVRYONE NEEDS TO GET THIS. ITS NOT THE HEAT THAT KILLED THE T-1000. when the T-1000 is heated it goes into a liquefied state this dose not mean it is dead. What kills a T-1000 is the separation of theses “pieces” (some how the Liquid metal controls the T-1000 if it gets separated it is destroyed) I know this because in T2 after they rescue Sara from the mentally hospital there is a chase seen where the T-1000 loses a piece of itself on the car. WHY would it run after such a small piece of itself…. because it knows that if it loses to many pieces then it cant function. This also prevents the T-1000 from separating into lots of T-1000’s (splitting into duplexes of itself) it cant because it wont be able to function

Last edited by JRatT12 on Aug 28th, 2003 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 12:19 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

if wut u say is true then in the scene were the t1000 is frozen by the liquid nitrogen and shattered into hundreds of peices how come it just simply regrougs. and yes there are many ways to kill the tx but stabbing weapons wont do much. i doubt that if 1 swing of the t1000s arm( modeled as a blade) can decapitate the tx , its gunna put up a fight it is stronger and smarter. and nobody nows much about this PLASMA CANNON it might be able to kill the t1000 instantly. the tx is a anti terminator terminator it is made for that stuff. the tx is a more effective KILLING MACHINE not model. as the t1000 is just hard to kill, sure stabbing weapons kills people easily but slicing through an endoskeleton (METAL) the t1000 most likely aint strong enuff. we know enfact very little about the t1000 we just know hes made of liquid alloy there could infact be many ways to destroy him but only 1 was displayed ( in t2)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 12:58 AM
Ambarturion

Whatever would happen, it would take a long time.
It`s irresistable force meets immovable object.

The T-1000 would simply have no choice but to wear down the T-X through attrition, like it did in T2. It couldnt kill the T800 straight out with stabbing weapons so it just pummelled the hell out of it until it couldnt take anymore. It basically just outlasted it (until it fell into the liquid metal anyway).

T-X would have to do pretty much the same thing. It`s main methods for dealing with other conventional Terminators wouldnt work.
The flamethrower would not work on the T-1000, the heat would be nowhere near hot enough. The liquid metal in T2 was hundreds and hundreds of degrees, whereas the flamethrower is basically ignited fuel (which the T-1000 had no problems with in the Truck crash in T2, it was a firestorm which the T-1000 just strolled out of.).
The plasma cannon idea might have been worth considering if it wasnt for the fact that in T3 we see an obselete T-800 series take a blast in the chest and walk away with little more than some partially melted chest plating.

So once the weapons are out of the way, youve got a hand to hand fight (for want of a better term).
The T-1000 was able to pound a T-800 to pieces, while throwing it around like a rag doll. Without it`s weaponry the T-X is just a smaller T800 with some optional extras and exotic camouflage.
Added to the fact that the T-X has no real way of causing permanent damage to the T-1000, I don`t see how the T-X would stand a chance.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 01:30 AM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambarturion

`the terminator series wud hav just sucked if they stoped at t2`

Umm.. No
The Terminator films before T3 are classics. Whatever your opinion of T3 is, the first two are brilliant. Even if a third hadnt been made they would still be great.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 01:45 AM
Ambarturion is currently offline Click here to Send Ambarturion a Private Message Find more posts by Ambarturion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ok i never said that the first two arent classics indeed they are ( no arguement there ) t3 was made for a reason the fans demanded it. if you look at the terminator series as a WHOLE theres a definate need for t3. t1 left you thinking theres gutta be another one. t2 left you on the edge thinkin the same thing. same goes for t3 lets face facts t4 will be made we will indeed all go and see it thats how the terminator series keeps goin it keeps you wonderin. granted t3 aint no t2 (nor will it ever be a t2) but t3 was made the best it cud hav been made in my opinion it was worth my 6$.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 02:45 AM
JRatT12

quote:
Originally posted by carnage713
if wut u say is true then in the scene were the t1000 is frozen by the liquid nitrogen and shattered into hundreds of peices how come it just simply regrougs.( in t2)

It wasn’t that it couldn’t pole itself back together it tried at the end but it was never able to take a solid form because it was so hot. In the seen where the T-1000 was frozen the pieces where still close to each other. I figure they probably have some kind of “magnetic pole” but if the piece where frozen longer and someone where to start moving them to separate parts of the building I think it would have been unable to come back together thus killing it

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 03:33 AM
alic88
Barzakh

i just think v need 2 wait for this. may b they will show it in the beckett comics

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 04:10 AM
alic88
Barzakh

definately. watched it 5 times

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 04:11 AM