KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » '50 reason to Reject the Matrix'

'50 reason to Reject the Matrix'
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

I HAVE TO GO THERE AND POST HATE MAIL AT THIS...IDIOT!
1) It seems he didn't pay attention.
2) His reasons are completely idiotic, half of it is "obtained" by not paying attention, half has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE!
P.S. Somone has GOT to go there and fight for Zion! Set things straight and all.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 08:24 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

quote:
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
I HAVE TO GO THERE AND POST HATE MAIL AT THIS...IDIOT!
1) It seems he didn't pay attention.
2) His reasons are completely idiotic, half of it is "obtained" by not paying attention, half has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE!
P.S. Somone has GOT to go there and fight for Zion! Set things straight and all.

It's just a joke. stick out tongue Besides, many ppl have already done that. Make your own reply here.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 08:30 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

*Takes deeeep breath. deeeep breath. deeep breath* There all better now. sad

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 08:33 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I hope people are actually bothering to READ this thread.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Ush, I think the reason that people took it seriously is because sarcasm isn't easily expressed...Especially with all of the true idiots(that would write something like that for real) there are out there...

I must say though, even though it was a joke...The comment about Foster and Aaliyah was completely tasteless. If you're going to be funny, be original about it and don't try to pick on people who are deceased and obviously can't fight back.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:54 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

I'm dreaming of a white... cast?

Two actors were abruptly cut from the third film's cast before production ended, both female minorities. Coincidence?

Aaliyah and Gloria Foster were unceremonially dropped after shooting some scenes for Revolutions. What's wrong, guys? They didn't test well with the predominantly white Matrix audiences?

Neither actress could be reached for comment.

War crimes

Seraph is revealed to be a former one, as most of us guessed by his stand-off fight with Neo. What is not mentioned is that this man is also responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Zionites in some previous incarnation of The Matrix since he obviously chose the other door in The Architect's TV shop.

Why was he not punished for causing this slaughter? And, being Japanese, we must ask if he pleasured himself at the thought of all that death?

The idiot is suggesting that the makers of the matrix films are racist, then he goes on to diss Seraph and suggest that because Seraph was Japanese he enjoyed killing the Zionites? Now i'm sure there's somehing wrong with this picture...and btw Seraph isn't Japanese u noob he's chinese. And hell u moron if u stood up in the middle of a movie in the cinema and started whining about it I'd throw something heavy at you...that had a sharp edge.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:14 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Ush...i apologize...but i have heard and listened to so many people give me similar reasons why the Matrix movies were horrible that i took it for face value...Some of it is funny, but as xeous has said, the cut about Aaliyah and Gloria Foster was too tasteless to make this funny. And i have heard people go on about the 'race factor' in the Matrix movies. Plus there are the people who drop in here and ask questions like "Whats the name of the last human city?" which leads me to believe, again, that this was for real...*sigh*...alright. I'm better now...
*turns to Matrix Forum and Omega* Forgive me of this...although, since it has been brought up before (and i seem to vaguely remember it now) could we amend it to the KMC Matrix questions thread? So it isn't mistakenly brought up again?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:29 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

"And i have heard people go on about the 'race factor'"

I don't see how this could even be a valid argument.

First off, the guy who really does make the war end-Morpheus-is African American. Easily in the most important characters in the film.

Second. The darn ORICLE is African American.

Third. Did anyone notice the party at Zion? Most of those people were African American.

Fourth. Link, Tank, Dozer. No one noticed that the operators of the Neb were all African American?

I think that the African American population has it's bases covered in the film.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:39 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
Third. Did anyone notice the party at Zion? Most of those people were African American.

That is EXACTLY what is brought up...the white people live in a 'fantasy world', while the black peoples in the dump...wassup wit dat?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:41 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

It's disrespect...From way back in 'da 90's when they had to live in da hood.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Shapeshifter, please read the thread.

And I agree it is tasteless but I don't think that detracts from the humour value.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 12:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I believe this one to bemore real than the LotrR since there are ppl who hate the Matrix. If u read both, then it becomes more apparent that it's fake. I do like sarcasim, but only when I know it is, otherwise, I might take it to seriously, like I did here.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 02:21 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

umm okay...and???am i missing something?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 08:42 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yikes...I personally found that and the LOTR one to be highly amusing, although some of the jokes were in bad taste, it was still really funny. But you have to keep in mind that it's pretty hard to convey sarcasm through text printed on a screen.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

4 entries found for satire.
sat·ire Audio pronunciation of "satire" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (str)
n.
1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
2. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.
3. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 09:38 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Why did you ressurrect this?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 11:38 PM
Korri

oh god almighty not again messed

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 01:33 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

It wasn't SO bad. Well, not really.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:20 PM
Korri

you wish no expression

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:50 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The Matrix seemed a better place than Zion in the original.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 11:29 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote