KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apocalypse vs Jesus

Apocalypse vs Jesus
Started by: Stevie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marcellus
executioner

ok Jesus has a beard who fights a guy with a beard? that just dosent happen

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:19 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

In DC/Vertigo comics, Michael and Lucifer are Gods children, but does the DC universe have Jesus as gods son?

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:23 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

It wouldn't absolutely shock me, but I've never heard Jesus mentioned as existing. And Morpheus mentioned that other than God, Lucifer may be the most powerful being in the universe, so if he does exist in the DCU, Dream apparently doesn't credit him with being as powerful as Lucifer. Or maybe I'm reading to much into an off-hand comment.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:30 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Well, in the DCU, God is dead, and Lucifer has created his own multiverse to rule over. He is using Michael's illegitimate daughter to banish all immortals from his new multiverse (including God's widow), and is planning the end of the world.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:34 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

holy shit that sounds cool lol.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 09:49 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
k 1st....No religious talks.

2nd there is no proof that Jesus was anything other than a man. His "miracles" on the bible cannont be proved so they should be considered a LIE until proof can be found.

Lastly....No religious talks....it's in the Forum Rules.

Did I say something religious ? I just said that Jesus has been mentioned in old reports, nothing more. That's history, or is talking about history against the forum rules ? Don't said a thing about miracles or that he is or isn't the son of God or whatever.

It's you who's claiming his miracles can't be proved => I would call that religious talks. I only mentioned a historical point of view, not a religious one.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 10:34 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

Miracles can't be proven. There, I said it, and I'm right.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 11:34 AM
Rasta is currently offline Click here to Send Rasta a Private Message Find more posts by Rasta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Magee
holy shit that sounds cool lol.

yes

Old Post May 8th, 2004 02:37 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Jesus wouldn't fight him. Instead Apocalypse would create overwhealming odds to beat Christ and those things would destroy him

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:23 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stevie
Blitzed out of our skulls

jesus all the way dude all though jeusus can die but he can resurect himself .......idk ...would be a great figh

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:10 PM
Stevie is currently offline Click here to Send Stevie a Private Message Find more posts by Stevie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

jesus wins being he is real and apocalspe is fake. plus jesus is the son of god he could probally send him to hell.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 08:41 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Magee
lol Apocolypse as there never was and there never will be a Jesus figure. The bible is just a family story book passed down by thousands of generations.... its the truth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you really sound informed on the subject
yea the fact that there was a Jesus or YESHUA BIN YOSHOAH (Jesus son of Joshua) which i think was his real name back then since they dont have a 'J' consenant in the language of Aramaic...and it has been proven countless times over that the person did exist, due to Roman and Hebrew records that are just as credible as any others we have...by your logic one could say the Egyptian Empire never existed, or that China is only 200 years old...followed by the FACT that thousands of generations would equate to a much longer amount of time than you had in mind...hmmm thats two very ignorant comments, there goes your credibility on the subject.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Linkalicious:
2nd there is no proof that Jesus was anything other than a man. His "miracles" on the bible cannont be proved so they should be considered a LIE until proof can be found.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just because it cant be proved doesnt mean its a lie, u have to prove its a lie if u want to call it one...we cant even prove that George Bush was elected president, yet soldiers are getting killed in Iraq, you can't personally prove that we dont even live in a heliocentric or geocentric universe...u can look something up in a book and regurgitate it...sounds familiar to someone quoting the Bible

I would say Jesus would win....then he would forgive Apoc, then Apoc would turn good and wander the Earth helping people, like Jules in Pulp Fiction.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:37 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

my post isnt intentionally "religious" i was just arguing with some peoples' logic and philosophy...i didnt even really state any opinions, except for the one about Jesus winning...i apoligize if i offend anyone

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:44 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stevie
Blitzed out of our skulls

wow Wynndar even though that was incredibly long and incredibly hard to understand i think that what you said is very educated
and smart and ...how did you know all that stuff about aramaic and no j or something but ...i think your correct about what you said jesus all the way

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:55 AM
Stevie is currently offline Click here to Send Stevie a Private Message Find more posts by Stevie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

jesus would walk up and tear the paper to shreds

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 04:53 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

this thread is just... odd....

how could apocalypse win? i mean, just look at his name, its apocalypse... hrmm... "Revelations" ring any bells? If you are giong to pit a biblical figure against somebody in comic-verse, you might as well accept all that comes with the character, in this case prophesies, son of God, etc. Seeing all the prophecies about him and the apacolypse, i'm guessing it shouldnt be too hard to figure out an answer...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 06:18 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayson
the killer of threads

jesus would win. he can't be killed.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 09:15 AM
jayson is currently offline Click here to Send jayson a Private Message Find more posts by jayson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Dude... Jesus would just fly up into the air and blast apocoylpse with his jesus beams of absoloute righteousness. He'd then land and turn a couple gallons of water into wine and have a kick ass after party.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 10:35 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cannonball
X-Man

Jesus is God. He can do anything. He could destroy Apocalypse and make everyone forget that he even existed just by blinking.

A big thankyou to Jury for making my signature!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 11:02 AM
Cannonball is currently offline Click here to Send Cannonball a Private Message Find more posts by Cannonball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Jesus is ****ing metal. He'd just whoop Apocalypse's ass at Street Fighter and call it a day.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-08-04

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 12:50 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote