KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Is Neo Dead ?

Is Neo Dead ?
Started by: Travaugn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Travaugn
Pure Azura Overmaster

Question Is Neo Dead ?

I assume that he is dead and that he sacrificed himself 4 the human race, but still I'm not sure 'cause I'd like 2 think that he is still alive. If he did die then doesn't that mean he is still bound 2 the rules within the Matrix - which confuses me because 'The One' isn't bound by any rules within the Matrix.
If anyone knows the answer to my question then I'd love 2 hear (read) from u, I would greatly appreciate it.

Who do u believe, me or ur own eyes?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 05:38 AM
Travaugn is currently offline Click here to Send Travaugn a Private Message Find more posts by Travaugn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 31st, 2004 05:46 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Travaugn
Pure Azura Overmaster

Cool, thanx JediHDM smile

Old Post May 31st, 2004 06:34 AM
Travaugn is currently offline Click here to Send Travaugn a Private Message Find more posts by Travaugn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Travaugn
Pure Azura Overmaster

So JediHDM, u said "Smith killed Neo, creating the ONE
Neo killed Smith, creating the ZERO-virus
Smith copied over the ONE, creating balance...most would say neo died, the one died, however...
the ONE DESTROYED Smith, meaning the ONE is still alive. which leads me to think that, since the ONE must be IN a person, the PERSON must, also, be alive, meaning, Neo is alive, which is why his body is glowing, and looks like a lotus-blossom, because Neo, a normal man, has become divine." - that is pretty consise but if he is divine what does this mean for neo now? if the real world is the real world how can neo become divine in it by being in a computer program?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 06:54 AM
The Ones
Death Eater

he sees everything connected to the source which is why neo saw things glowing in the realworld, they were connected to the source. the reason hes glowing at the end of rev is because he went back to the source so the anomally(ones power) is ready for another chosen one (hence archetects speach at the end of reloaded)

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 31st, 2004 08:45 AM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

There will not be another "chosen one"(I hate that term for the Matrix movies because...He is not 'chosen'...He's a mistake, a flaw.) There is no more doubt in the Matrix, no doubt=no anomoly.

Old Post May 31st, 2004 12:45 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

not yet anyways... the anomaly was extracted from the matrix when the war ended. but as the architect pondered "how long do you think this peace will last?"... how long indeed. however, peace is not guaranteed and after that being said, the re-insertion of the anomaly code into the matrix is, as smith adequately put, INEVITABLE...

ps.
totally agree with you on the chosen one thingy...

Old Post May 31st, 2004 05:39 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Travaugn
Pure Azura Overmaster

er. . . so is that a good or a bad thing 4 Neo

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 01:39 PM
Korri

noooo sad

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 04:51 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by Travaugn
er. . . so is that a good or a bad thing 4 Neo

i don't quite get your question. do you mind expanding?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:13 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackMode211
The Black James Bond

heres the painfull but obvious truth.....neo is dead....neo was a man....men die.....plus why would he not be breathing?....or MOVING....if he didnt DIE...that final scene wouldent have been THAT DRAMATIC...plus the oracle saying"im sure he WOULD love it" notice how WOULD is past tense...and if he wasent dead...why would we never see him again the rest of the movie....all this other crap is speculation...and unsupported assumptions...there are few things in the matrix you can take at face value....but this is one of them

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:44 PM
JackMode211 is currently offline Click here to Send JackMode211 a Private Message Find more posts by JackMode211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

'would' is not past tense. 'would HAVE' is past tense. 'would' alone is future tense.

i do agree that Neo is dead though. dead as my dirty gym socks.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:31 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Travaugn
Pure Azura Overmaster

quote:
Originally posted by shake zula

i don't quite get your question. do you mind expanding?

Ok, so Neo has defeated the Zero virus and all's well that ends well in the Matrix - 4 the moment anyway. But our lovable hero, divine or not and still somehow connected 2 the source, is dead. Killed by a program whose rules Neo shouldn't b bound by or even perhaps killed by choice 'cause there's nothing left 4 him now. I am assuming that - as far as Neo is concerned this whole situation is bad (cause he's physically dead). But then maybe being dead is a good thing 4 Neo, that is if he is now divine.

So is this whole situation good or bad 4 Neo? Yeish. . . I don't know, what's wrong with a good old fashioned movie where u can take everything at face value.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:44 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

HE'S NOT DEAD!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:06 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Travaugn
Pure Azura Overmaster

Ok smile

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 02:18 PM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
HE'S NOT DEAD!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah they just showed Smith Kill him and The machines take him away.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:06 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

you didn't see Smith kill him...he may have 'taken over' Neo, but Neo is still alive. Read the above thread.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 03:30 AM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
you didn't see Smith kill him...he may have 'taken over' Neo, but Neo is still alive. Read the above thread.

Yeah I guess..Oh I see technically he is still alive...I see..

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 04:22 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

sad

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 05:10 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dee-too

I think that Neo is now the source did you see that the big head thing was the brightest thing there because it was the source, when the big robot was carrying Neo away it showed that Neo was the bright light making him alive, and if he was dead don't you think that the machines would have just dumped him off.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 03:17 AM
dee-too is currently offline Click here to Send dee-too a Private Message Find more posts by dee-too Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote