KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » What Could Have Been ...

What Could Have Been ...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I'll assume that was a joke at Lazenby's expense. Oh yerss, why do you dislike him so?

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 02:22 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he's a terribly bond; what more can I say stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 08:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I don't think that's entirely fair. James Bond as a character is just, well, different, in OHMSS. Lazenby was at least more believable than Moore, if a lot less fun...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 09:12 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he looks ugly, he acts terrible and OHMSS is terrible ... though the point of bond being married once is great

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 09:30 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I don't agree with you about his acting, but I too am always left quite cold by OHMSS. I can't quite put my finger on it...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 11:01 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Anyway, back to the topic. Did you know that Major Amasova from TSWLM was originally going to cameo in Moonraker, so impressed were the producers by her performance...

Wonder why that never materialised...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 11:03 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
I don't think that's entirely fair. James Bond as a character is just, well, different, in OHMSS. Lazenby was at least more believable than Moore, if a lot less fun...

LMFAO ROTF You seriously think that, Ahnold? You have a serious screw loose, bro. Lazenby was a terrible Bond. Bond is English, Lazenby is Australian. Whoever choose him had problems. This is why, despite the movie having a good plot with Blofeld as the main foe, is the one of the worse Bond films in history IMO. A total miscast with Lazenby.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:26 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that girl playing melina in FYEO was asked earlier too but she couldn't cause of another movie

(and I agree with RA... terrible and not the same style as Sean)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 11:22 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Look... I don't think it's fair to say I have a "screw loose". I'm perfectly entitled to have an opinion that differs from yours. I happen to think Lazeny was a good bond. If you don't, fine. But c'mon - do you really believe Roger Moore and his eyebrow were more believable as the James Bond of the novels?

Oh, and I realise that Lazenby was australian. But Connery was scottish {which is how he played Bond, as in every single movie he's even been in. I laughed so much in "The Hunt For Red October: "To victory, comradeshhh..."}

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 12:47 PM
yerssot

Moore was better than Lazenby imo messed

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:02 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I agree with you. I much prefer Moore. BUT - I still think he was less believable as the Bond from the novels...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:25 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Bond isn't as serious as you may think. He has a humorous side. Moore filled that void where Sean couldn't. I still say that Sean was the better Bond. He's #1, Moore #2, Bronsan #3, Dalton #4...etc.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:33 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and imo, Moore totally overdid the humor side of it

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:39 PM
The Redeemer

The usual OHMSS bashing I see...thankfully I don't run with the herd. Eventually, when some loser with the ability to put together more than three words together in a sentance and writes for some *popular* 'zine read by spotty faced fanboys starts to ring it's praises, it'll be *Duh...oh yeah...I love that one too...*

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:31 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hey! I get well payed mister stick out tongue

you're right, lets get back ontopic sad

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 06:50 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

To be honest, though, Moore was smart enough to realise how ridiculous some of his films were. I mean, gondolas that turn into hovercrafts? Pigeons doing double takes? Tarzan yells? It's just a bit much...

Anyway, back on topic. Did you know that one of Hector Gonzalas' entourage of women in for your eyes only was born Barry, a man?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 06:53 PM
yerssot

then how come LALD isn't like that? stick out tongue

I believe that was an urban legend, I'll look it up big grin

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:05 PM
yerssot

yeah, it's true, always thought it was a myth

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/bondgirl.php

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:27 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

It's absolutely true, yeah. Most people think it's a myth as they don't realise what an insignificant part "barry" plays in the film...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:45 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm... I've unknowingly deviated from the purpose of this thread. To get back on track: Did you know that an original draft of TSWLM featured the villains offing SPECTRE and Blofeld at the start?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:47 PM