KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is Islam holding Arab Nations back

Is Islam holding Arab Nations back
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
that's because you fail to understand that Islam is 622 christian years younger

if you compare those two religions, you have to keep in mind that one is younger and when you place them in the same timeframe, christians have proved themselves to be very brutal already

So christians proved themselves to be brutal..what is it Islams turn? ha.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 12:57 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I hate it when people say "Oh you judge all muslims as raving terrorists just because some do bad things" Look at all the 9/11 hijackers..were any of them white? Were any of them christians? I highy doubt it.
and the bomber in Oklahoma? And what has the colour of their skin to do with anything.
You still judge millions by the action of few, you obviously doesnt get the point at all. So here is a little thing for you then since we are gonna be on your level, the ignorant one.
All Americans must be bad consider the action of the soldiers toward the prisoners at the Abu Ghraib prison.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 09:56 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by KidRock
So christians proved themselves to be brutal..what is it Islams turn? ha.

what I'm saying is that you judge a religion by your 2004 standards but fail to see that the age the islam has compared to christianity at that age is roughly the same... only in quite some countries, the islam is actually much and much more modern already than christianity at that time

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:21 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think the Arabs hold themselves back

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by finti
except for the little dispute thats been going on in Nepal for about 50 years now

since when is that dispute have anything to do with 'religion' of Buddhism?? Please, please emlighten me, since Buddhist ''extreamist'' are not even allowed to be soldiers.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 11:53 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Please, please emlighten me, since Buddhist ''extreamist'' are not even allowed to be soldiers.
dont have to be soldiers to be part of a dispute.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 01:54 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

oh an example of Buddist going bananas Buddhists angered by Christian "conversions" in Sri Lanka have burned down a Catholic church near Colombong. And don't forget 1614, when Tokugawa Ieyasu outlawed Christianity, or 1627-1638, when tens of thousands of Christians were killed or tortured by the primarily Buddhist Japanese

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 01:59 PM
shaber
schizoid

Anything which happened hundreds of years ago is immaterial.
The problems posed today are not. Stay on topic people.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 04:48 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's rather easy to say shaber... "just forget the past", if you do that every religion is pure and holy

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 06:56 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

I still cant see the good points of islam...All it seems like is extremestist blowing themselves up to prove there worth of allah or w/e

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 09:12 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and all I can see in christianity are people against the use of condoms, people who butchered innocent during the crusades, people who bossed other countries around in the middle-ages and admitted that they acted terrible as with the shism (sp) of 1054 only to get very aggresive at the start of the 14th century when people dare not to listen to them

if you rate every person as extremist, be ready to be judged as one too

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:30 PM
Tex
Yumsz

That's all old stuff yers!
Christians are nice now!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:32 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I still live in the past... pre-Bjork era to be precise

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:35 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Pre-Björk? Barbarian times!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:37 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, but no religion or celeb ... or bjork held a nation back

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:38 PM
heen68
heen68

quote:
I still cant see the good points of islam...All it seems like is extremestist blowing themselves up to prove there worth of allah or w/e

There not blowing themselves up to prove there worth if u where a muslim u would understand.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 10:47 PM
heen68 is currently offline Click here to Send heen68 a Private Message Find more posts by heen68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
and all I can see in christianity are people against the use of condoms, people who butchered innocent during the crusades, people who bossed other countries around in the middle-ages and admitted that they acted terrible as with the shism (sp) of 1054 only to get very aggresive at the start of the 14th century when people dare not to listen to them

if you rate every person as extremist, be ready to be judged as one too

Funny you didnt mention anything within the last 500 years...

I saw on the news yesterday a bomber killed 3 kids in israel.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 11:59 PM
finti

quote:
thats your problem, try to learn and understand a bit about Islam before even consider discussing it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:08 AM
yerssot

quote:
Funny you didnt mention anything within the last 500 years...

I saw on the news yesterday a bomber killed 3 kids in israel.

sure

2004-500=1504 right?

so, ... what about the colonisation by spain and portugal of the "new world" where native americans were brutally slayed for their gold all in the name of christianity and converting people to the "true faith"?

I don't have the book here but it states the estimate of how many MILLIONS of people died, thanks to that baptising.

Or... how about the Reformation (16-17th Century)?
The war Spain held against their colony of The Lowlands costed many lives too. Not to mention the impact people like Hus and other more famous persons had with their new views on christianity.

but lets keep it more closer to this century huh?
How about WW 1? The germans had "Gott mitt uns", ... so with your own narrow vission on things ("all people who follow the islam are terrorists), this means that every german soldier who killed someone in that war, did so because his god instructed him to do so.

or how about mister Bush (hey, come on guys, you knew someone would mention him)? He finished his speeches with "And God bless America" or what ever.
By the SAME pov you have, this means that the innocent people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq were killed in the name of his god.

You need more?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 10:36 AM
alic88
Barzakh

FINTI: GOD bless you, for being so realistic and open-minded. ur one of the best people i haf ever heard of

YERSOOT: Prophet Muhammad flew from Mecca to Madinah since the arab tribes in that time were so hostile to him and his belief that there is only one GOD and that is ALLAH. and thank you for being so open-minded and realistic

Islam is a religion of peace,and so is every other religion, Islam is an out-standing religion, but unfortunately these days the people that are famous muslims are actually extremists who dont know what they are doing. they are not true muslims. there is terrorism in every religion, only that in Islam it is shown a lot more. Arab as a government is not right, Islam is an amazing religion, only if you get to really know what it is, rather than seeing what is on television and coming to conclusions. ( i am a muslim myself and i only have one favour, and that is to truly understand what islam is, and that the people that you see on television are terrorist and not MUSLIMS as they claim to be)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 01:12 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote