KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
plaedien

If anyone has ever read Peter F Hamiltons The Nights Dawn Trilogy, it would make a GREAT series of films - think LOTR in outer space.
with possessed humans
and aliens
and talking spaceships
ok nothing like LOTR but GRAND in scale - Anyone wanna gimme money to make a series?

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in
darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 05:20 AM
plaedien is currently offline Click here to Send plaedien a Private Message Find more posts by plaedien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plaedien

Hmmm second thought one of my fave books of all time
NEROMANCER!!!!! by William GIbson
Anyone who has read this should agree - unfortunately the Matrix got there first, and all the plebs who HAVENT read the book are going to go *squeky whiny voice* " but its ripping off the matrix, it even has a perceptual reality called the matrix u cant do that whinge...."*SLAP!*

The matrix stole from the book fools! This is THE computer age bible, read it now smile

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in
darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 05:25 AM
plaedien is currently offline Click here to Send plaedien a Private Message Find more posts by plaedien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

The Red Storm Rising was a great book, but perhaps it's too hard to make a movie of it?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:08 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

The Secret History by Donna Tartt would make a good movie. I'll be they'll make one eventually.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:43 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

I think the Wheel of Time sreies could be very nice if they managed to work it properly.

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:42 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I am afraid WoT would be too difficult to make into a movie. But they have started making it already anyway, so we just have to wait for the end result.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 08:56 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

yay wheel of time also Raiders Tide/ North Side of the Tree and Sabriel/ Lirael

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 09:42 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princesscatty29
Reiley's Angel

the daughters of the moon series by lynne ewing...action packed books with sexy goddesses, and i could easily portray any of them...hehe, lol

much luv,
savannah

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 09:06 PM
Princesscatty29 is currently offline Click here to Send Princesscatty29 a Private Message Find more posts by Princesscatty29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien They are making a movie of Dan Brown's the Da vinci code with Tom hanks playing Robert Langdon.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 12:11 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

Moon Riders and The Vouage of the Snake Lady

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 07:52 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

*sniffs* I still need to read it.

Right now I would love to make the Sleeping dragon into a movie, it would probably be hard to do.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:26 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Cirque Du Freak

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 01:36 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

I would like Deltora Quest, by Emily Rodda to become a movie.
since 3 of the books equal one Harry POtter book i reckon it can be done.
Plus its a really good read, i recomend anyone who hasn't read it to read Deltora Quest

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 10:44 PM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Oh wait its going to be alread
I am so happy.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 11:21 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Oh wait its going to be alread
I am so happy.

How did i know you were going to say that laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 05:43 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

dunno

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 05:44 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
dunno

I have seen you post in some of the same threads as me. Also your sig gives it away to

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 07:07 PM
Bardock42

It does? Oh indeed, yes Its true though. All Adams books should be movies. And Asimovs Robot Books should, and Clarkes.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 08:19 PM
drunk_nazgul
obscure

Eh. Argh...

The Shannara books! YES! I envisioned how I would make the movies while I read the books.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 12:53 AM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by drunk_nazgul
Eh. Argh...

The Shannara books! YES! I envisioned how I would make the movies while I read the books.

I've heard of it, but never read it. sad

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 10:12 PM