KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Who wants to enter a poetry contest ??(The Poetry Contest Discussion Thread)

Who wants to enter a poetry contest ??(The Poetry Contest Discussion Thread)
Started by: Krabs55

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Krabs55

great the more the merrier!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 10:19 PM
Krabs55 is currently offline Click here to Send Krabs55 a Private Message Find more posts by Krabs55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nerdanel
Ice Queen

Well im happy with mine!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:23 PM
Nerdanel is currently offline Click here to Send Nerdanel a Private Message Find more posts by Nerdanel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
I live near there, in Chicago, about a 3-4 hour drive from Indianapolis...why? Any particular reason?

I'm going there on holiday.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 07:39 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Neat...though why Indianapolis? There's not much there....laughing out loud

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 08:10 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

My dad knows a family there... I wanted to experience American school, so I'm going for a couple of days. big grin

Anyway, I'm all confused about what I'm gunna right my poem on.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:18 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

You could write it from the point of view of Death himself big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:45 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Okay I have two poems, but I'm not sure which one to submit! Oh, no! wink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
Syren
dreaming

Just go with your instinct.... I'm sure they're both excellent in their own way happy

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 04:52 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Hmmm... And now I need help deciding which order to put the verses in. Do you think a suicide should go first, or after a stabbing?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:11 PM
Syren
dreaming

Depends who's being stabbed, if the suicide is a result of the stabbing then it needs to go last.... but if someone committed suicide and then someone else got stabbed as an ensuing occurrence, then vice versa. If possible, and if you're clever enough, you could put the second event first and then tie in the first event at the end of the poem, but you need to make a strong and obvious connection in between. Hope I helped big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:53 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Fraid not, Syren!

They are completely unnconnected!

You shall see, once I have finished the type-up!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:06 PM
Syren
dreaming

erm Apologies, I made a few assumptions embarrasment

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:23 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

And they're done! I had two poems, but I chose the one I thought was most appealing... Though it is darker. However, here is my other on!

Nothingness awaits us
Beyond a simple light
Darkness ringed in flame
House on fire in the night

A back alley mugging
Stab wound to the throat
Beckoning clear blue surf
Remains left to ever float

Comfortable welcome bed
Passed away while we sleep
Yet we fear the unknown
And tears of sorrow weep.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:03 PM
Syren
dreaming

This is good, if a little short.... I'm guessing you wanted it to be blunt and full on? Well written.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 08:31 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I don't write long poetry - a message that takes so long to read it gets tedious isn't really getting a point across.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:34 PM
Peach
mordrem

I posted my entry...embarrasment I don't know why I picked suicide to write it about, since that's a very touchy subject with me and not one I like to talk about...but yeah erm

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 04:34 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

It's good that you can approach such a personally sensitive subject with professionalism yes Well done sweetie

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 09:53 AM
Peach
mordrem

Thanks Kez

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 02:48 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

It's depressing that whenever I think of death I think of suicide. I've just realised that. sad

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 05:00 PM
Krabs55

really i think about what happens after death.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 03:04 AM
Krabs55 is currently offline Click here to Send Krabs55 a Private Message Find more posts by Krabs55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote