KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingTech

Re: Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
There can be only one fantasy trilogy!

Which is the better trilogy and who is better George Lucas or Peter Jackson?

I think that before deciding which is better, we have to be aware for the big differences between these two movies.

Star Wars in its time was new genre of movies people didn't use to watch.

While Lord of the Rings was a new movie for old genre.

I think we have to make a wide compare between them before deciding.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 08:41 PM
KingTech is currently offline Click here to Send KingTech a Private Message Find more posts by KingTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Judging solely based on the movies side by side, I'd say LOTR had better story, directing and was overall better.

However Star Wars was such a cultural phenomenon that was so new and ground breaking back in the day, that some say it is better than Star Wars.

I liked both trilogys thoroughly but The Lord of the Rings gets my vote as the best.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 05:33 AM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Migolvania

That is a really hard choice, I love them both. You've got Yoda and Chewbaca and Gandalf and Bilbo. They are equal I think.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 04:26 AM
Migolvania is currently offline Click here to Send Migolvania a Private Message Find more posts by Migolvania Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akhnar

Anyone whos says Star wars is better than lord of the rings much be the stupidest person in the world becuz Star wars doesnt even have a better story than LOTR and LOTR talks about glory , sacrifice .... While SW is a stupid SCI - FI movie and its heros arent that good & the music in it SUCKS .... (BLA BLA BLA) + there isnt even a good story to rely on.And after LOTR was released half of the storys from other movies were taken from LOTR. So Star wars sucks LOTR is AWESOME and 300 is AWESOME.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 10:37 PM
Akhnar is currently offline Click here to Send Akhnar a Private Message Find more posts by Akhnar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

Ummm, whoever said Star Wars was a fantasy movie!? It's Sci-fi which is a messed up type of fantasy stick out tongue

It's def not the traditional sword-and-sorcery fantasy that LOTR is.

LOTR will always be the best.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 10:45 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akhnar

Smile

Originally posted by The Secret Fire
Ummm, whoever said Star Wars was a fantasy movie!? It's Sci-fi which is a messed up type of fantasy stick out tongue

It's def not the traditional sword-and-sorcery fantasy that LOTR is.

LOTR will always be the best.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 08:01 PM
Akhnar is currently offline Click here to Send Akhnar a Private Message Find more posts by Akhnar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

I'm not going to choose I tell you. ITs not right.

Choose between a series that blew away the cinema and everything they had seen before, totally changing the face of Sci-Fi movies VS the movie made from a book that takes us to another realm of imagination.

Both too fun to comprehend. Both have characters that will last forever

For longevity Star Wars, oh come on pop culture has one of its legs built on SW. Every single person about knows the theme from Star Wars( Tell me will everyone around remember the LOTR theme?)

For a brilliant epic, LOTR- its a grand adventure that was nowhere as grand as the book though.

WHy choose?

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 11:20 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antaeus

These two movies are number 1 and 2 of all movies ever - no one close.
Star Wars is sci-fi
Lord of the Rings is fantasy.

Star Wars saga takes the top and LOTR takes the runner up.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 07:55 PM
Antaeus is currently offline Click here to Send Antaeus a Private Message Find more posts by Antaeus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akhnar

LOTR will always beat any movie

see on youtube.com
Put : "LOTR - Blood on my hands"

Star wars doesnt have that.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:58 PM
The Secret Fire

Yes and it never had "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard" either! Hahahaha! That still kills me!

I think LOTR fans will always vote for LOTR and the SW fans for SW. That's just like a natural defence thing.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:10 PM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akhnar

Tongue

of course they will becuz they are fans of LOTR or of SW becuz they like it so duh !!.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 10:03 PM
The Secret Fire

No shit! I was pointing out the physchology..

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 12:08 AM
fini
Hurricane stalker

lol taking hobbits to isengard, is the ringtone on my phone.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 09:58 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Akhnar
LOTR will always beat any movie

see on youtube.com
Put : "LOTR - Blood on my hands"

Star wars doesnt have that.

Wow.. what a crappy video erm

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 04:58 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Lord of the Rings, Kills the competition.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:57 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Star wars has plot holes

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:23 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marto101

lotr will kick star wars butt

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 09:32 AM
marto101 is currently offline Click here to Send marto101 a Private Message Find more posts by marto101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

i feel at home when i watch Lotr

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 08:48 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

omg i cant believe the amount of people who think LOTR is better than the first three Starwars no expression Starwars is in a league of its own the competition should be between LOTR and the Matrix not Starwarsno expression

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 05:26 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

*cough* This is the Lotr section *cough cough*

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 06:33 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote