KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ]Silver Surfer VS God-like Cable[

who'd own this one?
This poll is closed.
Nathan Christopher Charles Summers 11 39.29%
Norrin Radd 17 60.71%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

]Silver Surfer VS God-like Cable[
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
Originally posted by JuggernautFan
i think people are confused with re-arranging matter here....... now bare with me for a moment.

to re arrange something means to take apart, and put into a new order. so if you have xyz and rearrange it would then be yxz. you are all talking about molecular conversion. as far as i know surfer doesnt have this power. that would be starting with xyz and completely changing it to a different substance such as abc. see the difference???

yea i see wut ur talkin bout, but "re-arranging matter" as u say...could be just as devastating. does surf have this power? if he does i mean it basically comes down to can cable do anything before surf uses any of this power, or if cable can somehow shut it down.

but like someone here said, if cable doesn't allow surf to see him...then it goes to cable. u cant beat someone u cant see

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 04:33 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

guess i did some research

"The Silver Surfer can endow himself with Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons. He possesses the Power Cosmic which he can use to generate powerful force blasts or to [1]rearrange molecules. The Surfer travels on a "surfboard" which responds to his [2]mental commands and is as indestructible as he is. He has a Cosmic Awareness which allows him to feel energy around him."

1] guess he CAN re-arrange molecules....but 2] if he has tha means to "mentally" anything- it means cable could disrupt it. he could prolly shut down surfs powers for one, out of thousands of things cable can do.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 05:00 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by HarmonicFlo88
yea i see wut ur talkin bout, but "re-arranging matter" as u say...could be just as devastating. does surf have this power? if he does i mean it basically comes down to can cable do anything before surf uses any of this power, or if cable can somehow shut it down.

but like someone here said, if cable doesn't allow surf to see him...then it goes to cable. u cant beat someone u cant see

yes he CAn re-arrange matter, by the way he doesnīt need to see cable, he can feel cables energy and find him. and i really doubt that cable could control surfer mentaly.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 05:19 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

surf is a cosmic being, so i automatically take away a lot of cables abilities...but as vast as they are, cable is STILL powerfull enough to mentally destroy a cosmic mind.

i did think bout surfs cosmic awareness, and ur rite....he can sense where cable is. but wut if cable was to create multiple appearances of himself and give each an entity feel? surf would be confused outa this world...or uh in to this world lol

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 05:25 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

surfer can rearrange matter, he has turned hundreds of tons of rock into gas...and a huge chamber of treasure terrax had been seeking, into sand, all in the blink of an eye and without effort...then turned that same sand into a diamond figurine and gave it to Nova

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:23 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Surfer is a cosmic power being, sure cable is one of the most powerful mutants in earth, but heīs still human.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:25 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Molecule man

true, Cable still have a human body while Surfer's body is a battery for cosmic power.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:27 PM
Molecule man is currently offline Click here to Send Molecule man a Private Message Find more posts by Molecule man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

and im still not sure how Cables attacks would truly hurt the Surfer...his durability makes it so he cannot be harmed by a conventional means...beating him around with TK would just be trying to break something indestructable with force...although I doubt cable would be using his TK since he would be too busy getting his ass kicked by Surfer

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:36 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
and im still not sure how Cables attacks would truly hurt the Surfer...his durability makes it so he cannot be harmed by a conventional means...beating him around with TK would just be trying to break something indestructable with force...although I doubt cable would be using his TK since he would be too busy getting his ass kicked by Surfer

thats exactly what iīve said, cableīs Telekenesis and Telepathy wouldnīt work on surfer.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:44 PM
Molecule man

maybe his tp would work but i think Surfer's resistance against tp is pretty good. unless Cable could warp reality i think Surfer is going to win

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:46 PM
Molecule man is currently offline Click here to Send Molecule man a Private Message Find more posts by Molecule man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

ok lets say telekinetics is outa tha picture since surf is "indestructable" but wut if cable mind controls surf to kill himself in ways only he himself knows? or if cable gains knowledge of wut would hurt surfer by goin in his memory? or create hallucinations to throw off surf? cable can do many things

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 07:46 PM
ceediddy
The Chosen One

quote:
hahaha...Cable haters?...are they hating or did they lose the right to have an opinion on the matter

You sound defensive. haha Are you a cable hater? Or just a cable despiser, or maybe a cable protester?
i have seen on numerous boards...
"I cant stand cable. I hate cable. He is so second rate. ETC"

hmm the word hate was used. I have seen it. As for opinions everyone has them. My point is why do certain people dislike somethings? There usually should be a reason why u don't like something. If not u r usually basing your opinion on someone else's take.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 08:47 PM
ceediddy is currently offline Click here to Send ceediddy a Private Message Find more posts by ceediddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
surfer can rearrange matter, he has turned hundreds of tons of rock into gas...and a huge chamber of treasure terrax had been seeking, into sand, all in the blink of an eye and without effort...then turned that same sand into a diamond figurine and gave it to Nova

issue numbers please. i'd like to check on this. just for verification smile

i think surfer would win by the way, i just wanted people to know that molecular re-arrangement is different than molecular conversion. because it is different...........

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 09:34 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Brought to you by Mane, awhile ago
Marvel Hierarchy
1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. Living Tribunal
3. Infinity Gauntlet
4. Death
5. The Infinites
6. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
7. Oblivion
8. The Celestials
9. Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos
12. X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
13. Love/Hate
14. Eon
15. Epoch
16. Chton
17. Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)/Dark Phoenix
18. Ego the Living Planet
19. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
20. Eternals
21. Korvak
22. Shaper of Worlds
23. Beyonder
24. Phoenix Force
25. Hyperstorm
26. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
27. Demogorge the God Eater
28. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea
29. Pheonix
30. Molecule Man
31. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Shaman
32. Asgardian Destroyer
33. Pantheon of Gods
34. Kubik
35. Mephisto
36. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
37. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer/Morg

tha new cable is close to x-man's power, and so he is more powerfull than silver surfer. this is mere fact. so i guess this goes to cable.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:36 PM
KillAll

oh man........ not that arguement again. it isnt fact............

there are flaws on that. king thor on par with hulk??? i doubt it. king thor could play with hulk, and hulk would have no choice in the matter.

i just dont get how this poll can be 50/50 when thor is getting demolished on the other one. doesnt make any sense.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:43 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

sure and mephisto is stronger then surfer? and hulk is stronger then surfer? i donīt think so. by the way do we really know if cable is that close to nate, it sure looks like, but do ppl really know how nate would be if he was able to controll all his power?
sorry but iīm not seeing cable defeating a celestial, or beyonder, or even odin.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:45 PM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

its hulk full power dude, hes been there like once in marvel comics, and thats when he beat onslaught

IM AWESOME

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:48 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i didnīt read the story and correct me if iīm wrong but hulk DID NOT beat onslaugh.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:50 PM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

well, he kinda ripped him apart....

IM AWESOME

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:51 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

what? wasnīt the fantastic four, doom, iron man, etc etc, that beat onslaugh?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 10:57 PM