KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why is not going to church every sunday a sin to the christens?

Why is not going to church every sunday a sin to the christens?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

I think mst christians should go to hell anyway since they are no better than any other person, but I am pretty sure that you don'T have to go to church every Sunday, actually I can't think of a reason stated in the Bible at all.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 11:30 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

In this day and age, if one is doomed for not going to Church, then there must be a lot of good people and Christians in Hell.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 11:31 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Those extremist Christians think many good people are in hell anyway.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 11:33 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

True, misguided they are. I wonder what would happen to them then if their car broke down and they missed a session of Church... would there be anyway to get back into Gods good books?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:08 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Don'T think so.
If god makes their car break down, he didn't want them in Heaven.
That is the only logical conclusion.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:10 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Ah, you are correct, but then they might not see it that way, logic is not always a big feature, especially if they believed or said not going to church every Sunday is a sin.

In fact, near every Church in my home town has mid week sessions for people who can't, or don't, go to Sunday ones. In fact the mid week version gets more people.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:17 PM
Bardock42

I mean that would make more sense too, since you should resrt on Sabbat and not go to church.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:19 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Exactly. I thought that was kind of the point, after all, that is what God is said to have did, rested. I remember some Australian comedian saying how "God must get really annoyed, the one day he gets of and we have to go annoy him...." etc.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:22 PM
Bardock42

haha
Good point I alwayws wondered why an almighty being needed resat though, after 6 days I mean Humans can go for much longer.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:29 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

A good question. I shall start a thread about it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:46 PM
Bardock42

Do it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:48 PM
big gay kirk

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
Can you explain that?

Yup.... Christians (capital C) are those who believe in Christ, follow the rules of the Christian religion, and actually have real, tangible faith in Christianity.... christians (lower case c) were christened as babies, will get married in church, have a church funeral, do Easter and Christmas and put "christian" on forms when asked their religion, without ever really thinking about what the bible says, or going to church except on the big three occasions.... really they're agnostics (lower case a) who have been told that they are christian and never question it...

and in case you ask... agnostic (lower case a): "I don't really know what I believe, but there must be something out there..."
Agnostic (capital A):"It is impossible for man to have any true knowledge of God..."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 11:37 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
I mean that would make more sense too, since you should resrt on Sabbat and not go to church.

there are some religions practicing so, fe. jews.... smile

quote:
Good point I alwayws wondered why an almighty being needed resat though, after 6 days I mean Humans can go for much longer.

the bible says "for god, 1 day is like 1000 days to man, and 1000 days for man, are 1 day to god" smile
ok... if he's almighty he doesnt need to rest anyway.... but maybe he wanted to rest?? you like to rest too dont you? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 10:44 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Hahah, yes, I guess even all powerful beings like to put their feet up, grab a bag of chips and watch the football, or whatever it is all powerful beings like to watch.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 01:38 PM
moviejunkie23

it says in one of the gnostic gospels that jesus said if someone points to the sea and says there is the kingdom of god the fish proceedeth, if they point to the sky and say there is the kingdom of god the birds proceedeth, but i tell you the kingdom of god is all around you and inside of you.

Though this writing is not in the bible you have on your table shelf (there are many new testement writings that were left on the cutting room floor so to speak) I think this is something to think about. It is my own opinion that this could very well be legit. and if that is the case the message i think would indicate is people will tell you you need to go here and there for "the kingdom of god" (hey you need to go to church every sunday!!!!!) but in reality god is everwhere and within you if your a believer.

Thats my ten cents

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:30 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

If not going to church is a sin, Im ****ed. I just missed the 4th/5th sunday in a row

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 01:41 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Har har, frodos going to hell, lalalalallaaaa,
Anyway what did you friend say aboot it now Jackie?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 04:25 PM
Mr_Famous
Member-with-a-mouth

who said its a sin? i never heard such a thing before.... i dnt always go to church, sometimes i just feel like lying around

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:09 AM
Mr_Famous is currently offline Click here to Send Mr_Famous a Private Message Find more posts by Mr_Famous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

The temple of God is not between two walls and under a roof...it is in the heart of all who believe in him and his gift to the world. So, a Christian does not need to go to a building every Sunday and kiss a Hoyl relic or give to the church to gain salvation. They need to believe that Christ died for their sins.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:38 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

I go to church because I believe fellowship with other Christians is fun.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:39 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote