KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Disney Classic Sequels Suck

Disney Classic Sequels Suck
Started by: chez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ananbelle
They don't have good leadership. Walt Disney is dead!!!
(Not that that makes the slightest bit of difference.)

Were there any of these stupid sequels when Disney was alive?

Disney sequels (among others) are what make "sequel" a dirty word.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 10:10 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~*~pinkypie~*~
Miss Depp to be

they've lost the plot, they're letting Pixar get on with the good films as well as films like Pirates of the Caribbean which is also Disney but drawn animation has gone from Disney.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 12:53 PM
~*~pinkypie~*~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~*~pinkypie~*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*~pinkypie~*~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

A Pirates sequel could be good though. Disney's cartoons take actual stories (Hercules, Mulan, Lion King) and make sequels which make no sense and add nothing to the story.

Captain Jack Sparrow was Disney's creation and they can do with the character as they wish.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 08:04 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~*~pinkypie~*~
Miss Depp to be

yea, They are making 2 more pirate movies. Dead man's Chest and another after that. It'll never tire out.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 01:02 PM
~*~pinkypie~*~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~*~pinkypie~*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*~pinkypie~*~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gesesd

Well. The Great Mouse Detective sequel is supposed to be out in theatres in September 2005 like I received an e-mail from Jesse Handley when I tell her to pinched out of the GMD sequel idea to talk to DisneyToon Studios but, she told me about that they writers doing a sequel that I had good idea after she already talked to them.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 07:51 PM
Gesesd is currently offline Click here to Send Gesesd a Private Message Find more posts by Gesesd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

ok the only reason disney sequels suck is because of that eisner dinsey dude. ok I was watching bambi on saturday and I just saw a preview for bambi II?!? WTF???? mad its one of my favorite classic disney movies and they are going to mess up my favorite disney movie of all time. I mean they already did that will lady and the tramp, the little mermaid. cant disney come up with other ideas? like hanzel and gradle, rapaunzel?!? I guess not But I believe disney should stop doing this because later on they will do snow white and I truly believe it . Look at Cinderalla II? WTF? Just stop messing up classic ones and due new ones.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:33 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chelsearammer50

Originally posted by Evil Dead

Disney has always been like this. They'll have a hot streak of a few great movies.......then go cold for a while.

Well I hope you're right Evil Dead, those words give me a spike of hope. Right now Disney's falling to the bottem of the well if they haven't hit the bottem and they'd better pick them selves up soon. I mean what was it? "Home on the Range" What's the deal with that I don't even want to see it, it looks so lame. "Brother Bear" looked kinda good though. Anyway my favorite Disney Classics are: "The Little Mermaid" "Aladdin" "Mulan" and "The Lion King" because not only do they have good story lines but they also have REALLY good songs. Of course i want a good quality story first but haveing good songs will help alot too.

Oh and I heard (though I don't exactly trust my source) That Disney is makeing a movie of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" Only it's not going to be Christian, how they can they even do that? It's like impossible.

Oh well at least may the classics never be forgotten.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 08:20 PM
chelsearammer50 is currently offline Find more posts by chelsearammer50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pishposh

I heard that they're making a sequel to Alice in Wonderland, coming out in 2007. ?????? laughing Wow, could they get any more desperate?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:21 PM
pishposh is currently offline Click here to Send pishposh a Private Message Find more posts by pishposh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atila the great
Capo

it can!! i heard about a snow white sequel!!! the horror the horror

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:30 PM
atila the great is currently offline Click here to Send atila the great a Private Message Find more posts by atila the great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MissCurlyCat

Pocahontas

Am I the only one who thought the sequal to pocahontas, or any other Disney sequal was tolerable after watching it so many times the movie meant nothing? Happy Dance the banana cracks me up! laughing

Last edited by MissCurlyCat on Aug 28th, 2005 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:39 AM
MissCurlyCat is currently offline Click here to Send MissCurlyCat a Private Message Find more posts by MissCurlyCat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayBee
Pixar Pixie

I agree. All the Disney sequels sucked. I hope they NEVER make a Treasure Planet 2.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 04:42 PM
JayBee is currently offline Click here to Send JayBee a Private Message Find more posts by JayBee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BaronOBeefDip
Fedora wearin' psychopath

I agree that Disney sequels suck. In fact, I especially hated Return To Neverland. It's nothing more than a huge stain on the classic Peter Pan (Which is one of my favorite Disney films). And, even worse, they replaced the crocodile (My favorite character in the original film) with an octopus. A ****ing retarded octopus. I'd like to know who the dumbass was that thought that brain-fart up.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:05 PM
BaronOBeefDip is currently offline Click here to Send BaronOBeefDip a Private Message Find more posts by BaronOBeefDip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwars3

The only good Disney sequel to a classic Disney movie out there is "Toy Story 2."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 03:11 AM
starwars3 is currently offline Click here to Send starwars3 a Private Message Find more posts by starwars3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fireemblem776

they could do an uncencord verson of the tales. to show what really happend in the original not american verion of it. the horror..

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 11:55 PM
fireemblem776 is currently offline Click here to Send fireemblem776 a Private Message Find more posts by fireemblem776 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayBee
Pixar Pixie

Originally posted by starwars3
The only good Disney sequel to a classic Disney movie out there is "Toy Story 2."

I agree. Only because pixar isn't lazy with their sequels like Disney.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 04:25 PM
JayBee is currently offline Click here to Send JayBee a Private Message Find more posts by JayBee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
star22

Mulan 2 is better than most of their sequals, as is Lion King 2. Those are the only two recent sequals that are actually worth watching.

I am the Dark Side~ Sig image by Tracyn

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 01:31 AM
star22 is currently offline Click here to Send star22 a Private Message Find more posts by star22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote