KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hannibal the Conqueror (Vin Diesel) (2005)

Hannibal the Conqueror (Vin Diesel) (2005)
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Sorry to get hopes up. I haven't even thought about it in at least 10 or 12 years.

I just wonder why it went totally quiet. Maybe Vin gave up on it?

He doesn’t seem like quitter, considering how he started out, but yeah, maybe.

God I wanna smack him.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 05:30 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Unless it's a highly stylized re imagining of history, I seriously doubt any studio would want Vin Diesel playing Hannibal.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 08:47 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've only ever enjoyed him in Riddick. Oh sure there are movies besides the Riddick movies that I enjoyed that he was in, but his performance as Riddick is the only performance of his I liked. I could not care one way or the other about his fast and the furious character.

Oh wait I liked him as that mobster in "Find Me Guilty".

Old Post Mar 8th, 2020 02:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Unless it's a highly stylized re imagining of history, I seriously doubt any studio would want Vin Diesel playing Hannibal.

Well duh, I don’t expect it to be a documentary.

MAKE WITH THE ELEPHANTS, YO!!!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
I've only ever enjoyed him in Riddick. Oh sure there are movies besides the Riddick movies that I enjoyed that he was in, but his performance as Riddick is the only performance of his I liked. I could not care one way or the other about his fast and the furious character.

Oh wait I liked him as that mobster in "Find Me Guilty".

Ja, Find Me Guilty is good.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 12:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ja, Find Me Guilty is good.

I liked him in KNOCKAROUND GUYS. Fun, underrated movie, really.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:30 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

On the Vin Diesel topic, I've seen that there's plans for a sequel to The Last Witch Hunter regardless of what people might have thought of it.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 12:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I rather liked it, so, good news for me!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 01:00 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I thought it could've been alot better.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 02:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cool. thumb up

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 02:10 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
On the Vin Diesel topic, I've seen that there's plans for a sequel to The Last Witch Hunter regardless of what people might have thought of it.

Seriously? Source please. I do see an IMDB page for it..

I just watched it (and realized I fell asleep for much of it at the cheap theater) and it's certainly sort of a guilty pleasure, but not really good by any stretch of the imagination. I did enjoy some of the visuals, but it's mostly crap otherwise.

Jesus, he'd better not waste time on that before filming the next Riddick. F#ck I'll be pissed if he does...

Edit: Shit, it didn't even do very well... BoxOfficeMojo.

Worldwide: $146,936,910
Budget: $90,000,000

That's not very good at all.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 10th, 2020 at 11:20 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 11:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wanted to like the witch hunter movie, but it sucked.

He should do some Riddick tv series for Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 01:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just watched it (and realized I fell asleep for much of it at the cheap theater) and it's certainly sort of a guilty pleasure, but not really good by any stretch of the imagination. I did enjoy some of the visuals, but it's mostly crap otherwise.
l.

https://collider.com/the-last-witch...ate-vin-diesel/

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 01:37 AM
riv6672

Jesus, he'd better not waste time on that before filming the next Riddick. F#ck I'll be pissed if he does...

Edit: Shit, it didn't even do very well... BoxOfficeMojo.

Worldwide: $146,936,910
Budget: $90,000,000

That's not very good at all.

Well, there are lots of movies that rake in big bucks that I found craptacular, so that’s never been an issue for me.
I’ve never thought, “you know, if this had grossed a million dollars, I really would have enjoyed it more”.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 08:27 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

How 'bout that. Well, whatever, I found it enough of a guilty pleasure that I'll probably watch the next one. But I'd be surprised if they didn't drop the budget a good bit.

Originally posted by riv6672
Well, there are lots of movies that rake in big bucks that I found craptacular, so that’s never been an issue for me.
I’ve never thought, “you know, if this had grossed a million dollars, I really would have enjoyed it more”.

Not sure I know what you mean. I'm just surprised it is getting a sequel greenlit because it performed so poorly at the box office. But as is explained in the article Kaz posted it would seem that streaming services and such are changing the game.

Which makes me wonder: WHY YOU NO MAKE NEXT RIDDICK MOVIE??! mad mad

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 12:30 PM
riv6672

quote:
Which makes me wonder: WHY YOU NO MAKE NEXT RIDDICK MOVIE??! mad mad

Now this we agree on. The last one got back to PITCH BLACK level fun, and I want another!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 01:09 PM