KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (681): « First ... « 470 471 [472] 473 474 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOneFirestorm

Baby Driver
8/10

My only complaint is Baby doesn't fight Bats which I wanted to see because Bats becomes a unlikable character. I wanted to see Baby fight Bats and kill him with brutal violence Marked for Death style or Cobra.

A great action crime drama noir movie that has great chase scenes including persons running no jumpcuts, decent dialogue and memorable lines including including from Doc a mastermind and the Syndicate leader,
Great action, funny parts during serious scenes, a romance that isn't contrived, believable flawed characters, likable characters including Baby the main character, and a plausible reason why Baby is working as a getaway driver for the Syndicate leader Doc.
I really thought because Doc the Syndicate leader I would want to see Baby kill him, and hate him but he proves to be a likable character that does help Baby when needed most, and once had a lover which he talks about.
Also I don't recall any boring scenes or bad, or terrible lines with Doc. He was mostly a cool Jack Nicholson kind of character 1 that you wanted to see.

No filter scenes or boring scenes, multiple surprises which are plausible no lameass ones, a exciting great movie start to the end.

A wonderful climax with violence that is inside a multiple floors parking garage, and a logical reason why the violence is happening no lameass mindless violence.
The writer finds a way for the movie to have a cake and it to because it shows the the dreadful truth that Criminals in a Syndicate as occupations is likely the Criminals will be killed by other persons, and if a Criminal isn't killed caught, convicted after a trial and sent to a Prison.

Police are blocking a bridge, Miles that has the code name Baby sees the futility stops Debora from driving since both would likely be killed, removes the keys after parking, and surrenders.
He has a trial with his Foster Father, Debora and others speaking favorably about his character so not surprising that no doubt helps him because he is sentenced to 25 years but can get out after 5 years served with good behavior.

When he gets out of Prison a Sunny day witha Rainbow, Debora is waiting for him with him kissing her, plus a car.
So a classic typical Hollywood happy movie ending.

1 ex criminal gets a happy ending plus likely marries his soulmate. Possibly they travel the USA with no plan like they talked about before a heist that goes wrong, and possibly Miles becomes a professional car racer or has a legal car driver occupation while Debora becomes a Singer.

This doesn't need a sequel because of no cliffhangers which is why a sequel is unnecessary.
Start to the end a exciting great movie.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 08:01 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Selma (2015)

Really amazing movie about Dr. MLK Jr. An incredible and compelling look at one of America's ugly sides.

The Mummy (2017)

Ultimately too silly to take seriously and not silly enough to be self-aware and fun.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 01:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Theater: The Dark Tower

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 09:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Friday the 13th 2009 Remake.

*Thank Gawd i was drunk off my ass on Tequila*

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:59 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Message From A King (2016) 8/10

A riveting, moody, intense movie to watch. Maybe I'm not completely impartial, because a) I'm a Chadwick Boseman fan and b) he plays a South African (named Jacob King) who goes to LA to look for his sister, but I really liked this movie. It reminded me of Drive with Ryan Gosling, as at times the movie is more of a character study than a thriller. As King finds out more about his sister and how dark her life became, however, the tension builds up and you can feel the suppressed rage in a man who grew up in and survived the notoriously violent Cape Flats...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 09:26 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Theatre -Dunkirk 7/10

Home -Shooter 6.5/10

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 09:54 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword.

Superb. Would recommend.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:06 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Room (2003)

Tommy Wiseau is a genius. Greatest movie ever. thumb up thumb up

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Message from the King
Starry Eyes

Liked them both

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:27 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Get Out (2017)

It was awesome.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 02:02 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Conspiracy (2012) 7/10

A movie where two documentarians speak to an Alex Jones-type conspiracy theorist in his run down apartment with scores of propaganda/news paper clippings. The two eventually find themselves questioning reality, and in pursuit of this shady group called the Tarsus group and how they fit into world affairs. Through continuing the mans research after he goes "missing", the two find themselves questioning their own beliefs and on the trail of the mysteries of the Tarsus group. For a found footage film the movie's subject matter was a bit more interesting than crap like Paranormal activity, and the ending scenes where they finally go to the compound were really cool. The sets/costumes are more comparable to something as ambitious as As above so below, and while there are typical shaky cam moments they only occur in the last few minutes. Definitely a better film in the Found footage genre

The Taking of Deborah Logan (2015) 7.5/10

3 film students go to a house to document the progress of Alzheimer's in a woman's life and end up questioning the prognosis after different paranormal happenings. The progression/decline of Deborah is hard to watch as we see a woman decline from merely forgetting things to becoming a pallid corpselike figure. The movie does suffer from some stupid genre cliches (shaky cam, running through the forest, the creepy child), but the actress who portrays Deborah is a good anchor for the film. While its got a lot of the cliches the effects in particular (the scenes in the cave) I thought were good, and the acting from the female lead saved the film

Starry Eyes 8/10

Basically The Neon Demon with a mix of the Omen/Rosemary's baby. The Cult aspect could've used a bit more exploration, but again there are some great makeup effects and the movie pays homage to some great films.

Creep 8/10

A guy answers a wanted ad for a man who wants his life documented as he believes he's dying. But the man's antics become increasingly stranger and the cameraman suspects there is more to then man than he's letting on. Another great found footage movie

Babel (2006) 8/10

3 intersecting storylines involving a Japanese student, 2 divorcing people played by Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchett, their children/A Mexican nanny, an Afghani family, and a rifle. While I felt the storyline involving the student's father never went anywhere or was fully explained, the storylines involving the boy who accidentally shoots them and the nanny were all great. If you like multi layered storylines and intersecting plots this movie is a good choice

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 02:52 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Wind River

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 08:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Enjoyed it more the second time. thumb up

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 11:54 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
theater: Wind River

Was hoping to catch this but no theaters are playing it in my area, Taylor Sheridan's stuff is always good

Going to see Annabelle Creation next Tuesday

Last edited by carthage on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 11:58 PM
Flyattractor

Kong : Skull Island. Oh Thank the Stars above and the Bugs in the Dirt that the next Godzilla Movie is in the hands of these people..

Halla-Fraggin-Looey!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 06:17 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The Burdcage.
Sad seeing Robin Willams' character looking in a mirror saying he looked like his father, who'd killed himself when he was 30.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 11:19 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anabelle Creation 7/10

Nosferatu the Vampyre 7.5/10

Antichrist 8/10

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 03:54 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Antichrist 8/10

What did you think of that? I was pretty traumatized, but it's a very good movie.

The Unbelievers (2013)

Starring Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss. Very good documentary about the atheistic, rational, and skeptical perspective.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 04:02 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I kinda lost track at the part where they were in the shack and he was going into the pictures of her thesis, and after that I just kind if half paid attention. It had some great lines, the two actors had terrific chemistry, but it kind of took a while to get going for me. I didn't finish it either I stopped it right around after she had cut his cock off and pulled him out of that hole. It was definitely a good film though but like The Abyss I just never finished it

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 04:04 PM