KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (682): « First ... « 502 503 [504] 505 506 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Antman & the Wasp

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 6th, 2018 08:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

The Incredibles 2. Fantastic film. A worthy sequel to the first movie.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 03:19 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Saw two great movies this weekend.

Shaolin (2011) 8/10

After ambushing and killing his rival, losing everything in the process, dispirited warlord Hou Jie turns to a Shaolin monastery seeking salvation.

Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993) 8/10.

A prepubescent chess prodigy refuses to harden himself in order to become a champion like the famous but unlikable Bobby Fischer.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 07:59 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also saw a great movie.

Justice Leagu- LMFAO! I just, I just can't say that with a straight face. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 03:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Oh, dear god, I hope to never set eyes upon that abominable travesty again.

Resolution (2012)
The Endless (2018)
Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Cold Skin (2017)

Those first two go together. Ghost in the Shell and Skull Island are enjoyable with repeat viewings. Cold Skin was surprisingly good. I really liked it.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 04:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Oh, dear god, I hope to never set eyes upon that abominable travesty again.

Did they even have lines, or were they ad libbing? Because the Flash just wouldn't shut up.

Hard to believe someone wrote lines for every damned minute of every scene.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 12:42 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Once was enough for me with that Ghost in the Shell adapation, Alot of the things i've seen before.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

home: Room

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 04:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I've been strengthening my kung fu this week by visiting a couple of old favourites starring Donnie Yen. After Shaolin (2011) 8/10 (mentioned above, starring Andy Lau) I watched Ip Man (2008) 8/10 and Ip Man 2 (2010) 7/10. Since I'm on the Ip Man trip I've also got The Grandmaster (2013) lined up for this weekend. I saw it when it came out but I never got around to rating it. It was nominated for two Oscars: Cinematography and Costume Design.

Then I'll return to Donnie Yen with two I haven't seen yet: Painted Skin (2008) in which he fights a vampire and 14 Blades (2010) in which he's James Bond for the Ming Dynasty.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 07:28 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I took a break from all my kung fu/wuxia movies to watch Amelie (2001). Always heard it was such a great movie but never wanted to watch a "French chick-flick". Boy, am I happy to be proven wrong. This is everything a movie should be: Fun, entertaining, creative... I'm kind of glad I never watched it when I was younger, as I don't think I would have appreciated it as much as I do now.

9/10.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 09:48 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Motherfuckin...

Rambo III
Rambo IV

thumb up

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Carrie (1976 original)
Taxi Driver
Sicario: Day if he Soldado
I Kill Giants

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 06:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Witness

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 07:28 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ant-Man & The Wasp

a good follow up sequel to the previous Ant-Man movie.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 08:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Descent
The Matrix
How it ends

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 06:28 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Returned to my kung fu voyage and watched 2 bio pics: The Grandmaster (2013) and Fearless (2006). The Grandmaster was nominated for two Oscars and the cinematogrophy is absolutely stunning. I'd recommend it just for that alone. But watching I felt that the movie was divided in two parts: The first part is about Ip Man and his rise to fame, while the second part is about Gong Er and her quest for vengeance. While still beautifully shot, I got a little bored with her story. So, 7/10 for The Grandmaster.

Fearless (2006) is one of those rare jewels: Jet Li in top form making a movie that combines good storytelling with interesting characters and a philosophy that shows what wushu is all about, rather than trying to tell you. Plus, great action! 8/10

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 09:59 AM
TheOneFirestorm

Jurassic World The Fallen Kingdom 
10/10

A excellent or terrific entertaining movie from start to the end, and a Terrific Sequel.
The movie has a simple straight forward story, 3 dimensional believable likable heroes with returning characters from the 4th Movie and 3 Dimensional Villains including the Big Bad, exciting terrific climax,great drama, great action, new characters, terrific music that fits the scenes, and a marvelous ending that sets up the 6th Movie, decent dialogue and memorable terrific lines, and something extra.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

It’s common that a Main Villain or the Big Bad will give a monologue to explain his or her motives for why he or she believes he isn’t a Bad Guy, and this sequel has that when Eli gives valid intelligent logical reasons why what he is doing the making money using dinosaurs in an auction really isn’t that different sine Claire was making money using the dinosaurs in Jurassic World mostly a Extraordinary Zoo in the 4th movie that he directly mentions, also Owen trained Raptors which is why he decides it’s really not wrong to create a Prototype Predator the whole be involved with the behavior of a Predator.

This movie talks shows and talks about continuity from the other Jurassic Park movies including events in the 4th movie so it succeeds as a direct sequel with returning charters. This includes a picture shown of the Creator of Jurassic Park, also Owen and Claire talking about their relationship including issues with if it did or didn’t end.
Footage from the 4th movie is shown.

A high amount of action with capturing a Raptor that doesn’t go down without a fight after the tranquilizers, also Owen and others having to move fast off the Island and avoid getting killed by the dinosaurs stampede, the TRex and other predatory dinosaurs, and getting out of a vehicle after falling in the water.

Maisie is able to avoid getting captured by Eli Mills, and did save the dinosaurs by pushing the button so they could get released. As expected she is in danger but she shows she’s not a helpless damsel which its great because new character and good character so terrific she isn’t wasted to be in danger and nothing besides that because that would be predictable uncreative lameass writing.

Maisie, Owen, Claire, Zia and Franklin all good characters all get a chance to shine in this movie which is great because it’s awful writing to have main good characters and not all of them get a chance to shine. It’s dejavu of Young Guns because Billy the Kid and The Regulators all got chances to shine.

It’s a challenging decision for Owen and the good guys because not a high amount of time having to decide don’t push the button which would have the result of the dinosaurs killed by a hydrogen cyanide gas because the animals are in the danger unprotected area, or push the button opening floodgates with no turning back since the dinosaurs would be moving free in downtown Cities and other areas where humans are.
Claire and Owen and others choose not to save dinosaurs at the great cost of unsafe urban areas and other areas for humans, and not foreseeable at all because it happens off screen the kid Maisie pushes the button. She heard the warning and still decided to release the dinosaurs so can’t be called innocent when most likely irreparable damage happens for future movies.

Still a likable character but still she has made a decision that has a great cost that she may regret in future movies possibly.

A great surprise reveal when Henry Wu is shown talking to the Big Bad Eli Mills along with the buyers, and a other main Bad Guy a seasoned mercenary Ken Wheately.

Ken Wheately the leader of the Mercenaries is a great Bad Guy, and he wants to make a necklace using dinosaur teeth all from different dinosaurs so it does make him a unique memorable Villain for the Jurassic Park movie series.
He does the dirty work for Eli similar to Clarence Boddicker working for Dick Jones in Roboop.

He does use a tranquilizer on the IndorRaptor enters the cage, and the IndorRaptor having fun with the situation after awaking pretends sleeping and attacks the remorseless Mercenary by eating him. He is a vicious Villain that created pain for dinosaurs so unlikely you’ll feel sad when he is killed by the IndorRaptor which is fitting.

The IndorRaptor a main attraction in this movie does kill multiple characters during the climax. Great to see a Unique Prototype Predator was not wasted since it’s creating deaths and destruction along with hunting 3 Good Charaters, and fighting Blue the Velociraptor.

It’s never stated what the IndorRaptor a prototype dinosaurs and formidable predator would be used when sold to others. I would guess because of it’s tactical advantages and arsenal the Militaries would want to buy IndorRaptors.
Also the IndorRaptor and other dinosaurs create violence and destruction after getting released, and a satisfying violent death for the Big Bad

The exciting Terrific climax is Owen, Claire and Maisie being chased by the IndorRaptor that similar to the Terminator does not give up, and Blue does fight the prototype Predator The IndorRaptor. Also releasing the dinassours and having to make the challenging decision release the dinosaurs with no turning back, or don’t push the button which will kill them because of the deadly gas.

Shown is dinosaurs in the Zoo, Urban areas and other areas, also after the Credits a scene shows dinosaurs in Downtown Las Vegas which is something extra sand most likely inspired by the MCU Movies since the MCU Is a Terrific Successful Powerhouse Cinematic Universe.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 03:51 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind (2018) 8/10. A compassionate look at an extraordinary man with an extraordinary mind. Consists mainly of interviews with friends and family and footage of shows.

Confucius (2010) 7/10. Starring Chow Yun-Fat. Apparently, there was some controversy when the film was released as the Chinese govt ordered Avatar pulled off 2-D screens so more people would watch Confucius, which caused a backlash. I liked it more than the current IMDB rating would suggest (6.2) but wish they had focused a bit more on what he taught.

Detective Dee: Mystery of the Phantom Flame (2010) 8/10. Nominated and won a few awards, mainly for special effects. Starring Andy Lau. Scooby Doo meets kung fu meets the Tang Dynasty. I like it because it had a good story, even though the plot wasn't that difficult to figure out. What freaked me out was the subtitles, which seemed to provide information for what the people were thinking as well as what they were saying. Made for an interesting movie, though, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 09:34 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I Am Legend
Shrek

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 10:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Mission Impossible: Fallout

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 09:44 PM