KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Justice League (Past & Present) vs. Avengers (Past & Present)

Justice League (Past & Present) vs. Avengers (Past & Present)
Started by: Cosmic Cube

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Green Lantern's ring can not be removed from his hand unless he desires it. Far more competent opponents than Scarlet Witch have tried and failed. And who's to say that Green Lantern won't create an army of winged monkeys to assault the Avengers?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:29 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

"Teleporting them" would not be winning. No altering the evironment. I highly doubt Dr. Fate could beat Dr. Strange. Dr. Strange is the most powerful magician in his dimension. Can Fate say the same?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:31 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Green Lantern's ring cannot be removed? I say prove it. Besides, a hex bolt could cause the ring to come off, not 'remove' it.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:34 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The Oa Guardians put an "enchantment" ,for a lack of a better word, on Kyle's ring to prevent anyone from taking the ring and using it for evil causes. After the whole Hal Jordan scenario, they bulked up Kyle's ring like there was no tomorrow. They made the ring have no weakness to the color yellow and the made it so that the ring can only be used by Kyle or by someone of his genetic line. (i.e his great-grandson during a time-travel adventure) Kyle's ring can be removed only and if only he relinquishes it with free will.

Wanda is unpredictable to say the least. Her powers affect probability. Wanda's hex bolts vs. the Oa Guardian's enchantment. It's no contest. The Oa Guardians are arguably the most powerful beings in the DC universe.

As I said before, who's to say that Green Lantern doesn't create a giant plasma cannon to nuclearize the Avengers. Who's to say Scarlet Witch isn't taken out by Green Lantern or the Flash who zips around the Avengers knocking out all those with human endurance?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:46 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Superman < Thor
Flash < Sue
Green Lantern < Scarlet Witch
Martian Manhunter < Human Torch or Binary
Firestorm < Scarlet Witch
Dr. Fate < Thor

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:46 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Flash > Captain America US Agent Hawkeye Black Panther Black Widow Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

Superman > Captain America US Agent Iron Man War Machine Hawkeye
Black Panther Black Widow Spiderman Spiderwoman Hulk She-Hulk Submariner
Human Torch Mr. Fantastic Thing Wasp Scarlet Witch Quicksilver

Green Lantern > Captain America US Agent Iron Man War Machine Hawkeye
Human Torch Mr. Fantastic Thing Wasp Scarlet Witch Quicksilver Invisible Woman Binary

Martian Manhunter > all of them. Telepathic attack (i.e. fall asleep, mental control, blood-clot to the brain etc.

Dr. Fate > All of them. Magic is fun.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:53 AM
Cosmic Cube

Why go "Cosmic Beings" and gods always come into play in our arguments, Draco. I would still like to see an issue number, but the acts of these beings have no affect in this thread. It wouldn't be Scarlet Witch versus the guardians of Oa. It would be Scarlet Witch versus Green Lantern. That would be like Lilandra assisting Xavier in the Telepathic battle thread, or the gods assisting Wonder Woman. It isn't magic vs. magic. It's magic vs. probability. Probability affects everyone. What's the probability of Green Lantern accidently taking off the ring? Slim to none. Wanda could drastically increase this chance. A plasma cannon? yeah, let's be a little more logical. If he could do that, Doomsday couldn't have beaten him.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:56 AM
Cosmic Cube

Flash would be taken out of the fight by one of Sue's force fields. US Agent and Captain America both have far greater than Human endurance by the way.

Serious overestimation of Superman. Thor teleports behind him and knocks him out with Mjolnir.

I won't even respond to the Green Lantern statement.

You haven't proven to me the whole MM vs fire argument.

Dr Fate> Thor

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:02 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

First off the Green Lantern Corps killed Doomsday with a powerful green plasma attack. Then he came back to life completely immune to the attacks of the Green Lanterns. That's his power. And that's why he was so difficult to defeat.

Secondly, I didn't say that the Oa Guardians were assisting Kyle. I said that the enchantment made it thus so that Kyle ring could never be removed or nor could it fall off unless Kyle wanted it so. Dr. Fate and and various other magicians and scientists have tried and failed to remove it. Scarlet Witch control over probablity is limited. She has little to no idea what would happen as result of her hex. She can only will the hex into the right direction to create the desired result (Source: The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe : The Avengers )

If it was Green Lantern vs. Scarlet Witch, Kyle could do a number of things to take her out. There have numerous occasions where Wanda has been taken out with a piece of debris or an occasional fist. A giant green dinosaur stomping on the lusty gypsy would be a likely scenario. Wanda requires time to focus her hex. That's why she's always in the back.

Like I said before, the Flash zips around the Avengers at near-lightspeed and takes out anyone with human endurance. Including the Scarlet Witch.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:08 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Flash would NOT be taken out by Sue's force field. He can move at near-lightspeed if he desires. Sue would be taken out before the thought of "ouch" even makes it to her brain. US Agent and Captain America both possess "peak human" endurance. A couple thousand hits would fix that problem. Who said he only has to hit them once.

I never said that Superman would take out Thor. I know and you know that Thor would take Superman out. If you actually read the names you'll see that Thor's name is not there.

Martian Manhunter no longer fears or is vulnerable to fire since the Burning storyline in the JLA. Why would I lie to you?

Dr. Fate > Every Avenger than Thor. Thor vs. the Entire JLA. The JLA wins.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:13 AM
Cosmic Cube

I'm very disapointed. You overpower the Justice League.

In retalliation:

Scarlet Witch > Superman Batman Flash Wonder Woman Martian Manhunter Green Lantern Steel Firestorm Dr. Fate

Superman trips and is impaled on a stalagmite of Kryptonite.

One of Batman's toolbelt grenades explodes, killing him

Wonder Woman has a heart attack

Flash slips on an oil slick into a wall, KO.

Martian Manhunter spontaneously combusts.

Green Lanter's flying, ring slips off, falls several feet to the ground; KO

Steel's costume malfunctions and explodes

Dr. Fate's chants the wrong spell and turns himself into an avocado

What are the odds of that happening?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:15 AM
Cosmic Cube

FLASH CAN'T SEE SUE. HENCE THE NAME, INVISIBLE WOMAN.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:17 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Scarlet Witch (non-psycho I'm gonna destroy the Avengers version) > pretty much every JLAer.

The post above is absolutely ridiculous. You're undermining your intelligence. You're better than this.

In retaliation, Dr. Fate waves his hand and all the Avengers turn into cute pink bunnys.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:19 AM
Cosmic Cube

And how would Dr. Fate dispose of all of the Avengers?

Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Sue won't have the chance to turn invisible, because the Flash knocked her out a picosecond ago.

Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Magic. Don't ask for an explanation.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:20 AM
Cosmic Cube

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
Flash > Captain America US Agent Hawkeye Black Panther Black Widow Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

Superman > Captain America US Agent Iron Man War Machine Hawkeye
Human Torch Mr. Fantastic Thing Wasp Scarlet Witch Quicksilver

Green Lantern > Captain America US Agent Iron Man War Machine Hawkeye
Human Torch Mr. Fantastic Thing Wasp Scarlet Witch Quicksilver Invisible Woman Binary

Martian Manhunter > all of them. Telepathic attack (i.e. fall asleep, mental control, blood-clot to the brain etc.

Dr. Fate > All of them. Magic is fun.

No. THAT is ridiculous.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:21 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It's fact. Superman would be able to defeat everyone of them. As would the Flash and Green Lantern. Superman vs. She-Hulk. Superman wins. The Flash vs. Captain America. The Flash wins.

As I said before, the Avengers are completely vulnerable to telepathic attacks.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:24 AM
Cosmic Cube

She was initially invisible. She always is in battle.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:25 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Okay. MM sense her presence and knocks her out telepathically.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:25 AM