KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Martial Art Films

Martial Art Films
Started by: Fearnix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Bruce lee Introduced wing chun into America. Over time has inspired the way action films were shot. Even the rate of camera speeds director's used in their shutters. Bruce lee changed the way Chinese cinema made movies for nearly a decade. After going from fantastical high flying spectalces. Cinema went more practicle to try and capture Bruce lee's conventional way of filming the martial arts.

How is van dame any different from a novelty than Schwarzenegger is to block headed machine acting? I am going to say that in my opinion that jeane is a complete utter wanna be to somthing he never quite reached. fine i'm done goin in this circle. To be fought another day on another bout though.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:03 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Because Schwarzenegger has been in some of the most important Science Fiction films of all time, carrying the load because what little range he does have peaks in those movies. Jean Claude van Damme movies are disposable for the most part. Arnie has a significant, important track record.

JC is washed up, but to his credit, he had some popular movies.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:08 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think some of the best wushu movies I've ever seen came out during 2004...'Hero' and 'House of Flying Daggers' are the obvious examples, but there were some other good ones too. Although, it is not really wushu, the Thai movie 'Ong Bak', has some amazing scenes in it. Also, for pure entertainment, 'Kung Fu Hustle' was excellent.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:11 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

You were just waiting for me to drop the question of what use is arnold. I know you were. However. I am not going to give arnold complete credit on that part. His muscles won him that role. The other half ws luck. He fell into all of the memorale roles he did. Givecredit where credit is due on the writers, the directors and special effects departments he was involved with in the movies he fell in with. If arnold had never existed, those science fiction movies would still had been greats, maybe not as great, but still been made into somthing special, because of the writing, the directing, the innovation on special effects, and aspiration of filmakers wanting to be different. They used arnold, and he used us.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Ong Bak, ha i always wanted to see that. Bloodsport is classic in everyway but shootfighter is wicked. Its like bloodsport only they use weapons and its more gory and has a shite ending.

Duck and dive is quite good.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 10:26 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I like

BloodSport
House of Flying Daggers
Hero
Kickboxer

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:27 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ong Bak is cool for the action scenes, don't like some of the repeat editing though.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 01:05 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

I love martial art films, I own some Jackie Chan DVD's and video's but his older ones seem better, not all this American stuff, forget the American market, if they don't like you, just stick to what you did anyway.

We like the older films much much better, they're proper kung fu movies, he's turning American instead of staying Chinese.

It's obviously not his fault though, it's those people who didn't like those kind of movies but I love them, not seen many old one's but they do look much better and I hear a lot that people prefer the older ones

I also love Jet Li and Bruce Lee, Romeo was a great movie (even though I've just said older ones are better but that was pretty good)

Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon was exellent, truly fantasic, full stop, well, exslamation mark actually!

But yeah, martial arts films are the best kind of films there are

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 08:56 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Still non of the martial arts in the films work in real life. (Well Ong Bak works the muay thai stuff) but no chinese martial arts really work.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 10:22 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aku
Still non of the martial arts in the films work in real life. (Well Ong Bak works the muay thai stuff) but no chinese martial arts really work.

laughing
i dont think you know what your talking about

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:40 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Most people overlook the ones made a long time ago, those movies had some great fight scenes. Courtesy of Jet Li.

The New Legend of Shaolin
Once upon a Time in China 2
The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk II
The Last Hero In China
Twin Warriors

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:23 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

Some of the best martial arts movies I've seen have come out in the last few years:

Twins Effect (the chopped US version is Vampire Effect)
Twins Effect 2
New Police Story (Jackie Chan's best movie)

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:33 PM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
msshawie44

and I think making martial arts film need not a lot of fake moves or there is much? confused

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:43 AM
msshawie44 is currently offline Click here to Send msshawie44 a Private Message Find more posts by msshawie44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dark1365
Most people overlook the ones made a long time ago, those movies had some great fight scenes. Courtesy of Jet Li.

The New Legend of Shaolin
Once upon a Time in China 2
The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk II
The Last Hero In China
Twin Warriors

yes
i can see you know your Martial Art Films eek!

Twin Warriors isnt that good tho erm

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:34 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Police story 1&2 imo is chans best work...

bruce lee was something very special, big boss, enter the dragon, way of the dragon...

arnie had some good movies...

i love commando, its simply a f*cking great popcorn movie... no brain power required... same goes for true lies...

but arnie goes in the "big guns" bracket more than the martial arts one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm looking forwards to the first martial arts film from Finland, called JadeWarrior. Looks good.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:45 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goldendartkilla
Gettin Savage.

The martial arts films that stand out most to me in terms of awesome fight scenes are Fist of legend, Drunken master 2, the tai chi master, dragons forever, meals on wheels, all bruce lee's stuff. I like some of the new "wire-fu" movies but sometimes they just get way too annoying. I'm really into the old school 70-80's kung fu films.

"A man who has forgotten words... he is the one I wish to speak with."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:39 AM
goldendartkilla is currently offline Click here to Send goldendartkilla a Private Message Find more posts by goldendartkilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

All I have to say is that the old kung fu movies kick ass thy may be badly dubbed but they are well done in the fighting scene department and my favorite movie the one armed boxer.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:34 AM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goldendartkilla
Gettin Savage.

I like that film too, my favorite is Fists of the white lotus. I love the films with the white haired villains that are nearly invincible.

"A man who has forgotten words... he is the one I wish to speak with."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:32 PM
goldendartkilla is currently offline Click here to Send goldendartkilla a Private Message Find more posts by goldendartkilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

My favorites so far are Hero and Fists of Fury, basically because they are some of the few that I have seen. I really want to get into martial arts films, but I never know which ones to get. Can anyone give me a list of recomendations.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:28 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote