KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Maul VS Wolverine

Darth Maul VS Wolverine
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Juggernaut, shut up. Darth Maul is not on the level any marvel character is.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:30 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

good comeback. But hes right dude. Maul would own Wolvie hes got the force at his call and a double bladed light saber. He can pretty much see any attack Logan will come with before he does it. Logan goes down with a force choke. sick

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:36 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

All the force is is just some magical telepathy... whats it gonna do? knock him down? And who cares if the light-saber hits wolverine he will just heal back, especially with a cauterized wound, which is what the lightsabers cause, no blood and its much easier to heal.
This VS forum is getting desperate now.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 04:33 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Cause we all know that the force choke is an instant win; oh wait... it isn't. The one time the force choke was used effectively was buy Vader against some random character... on that was standing still. Again the force requires a lot of concentration, so not only would Maul have to stand still to use the force choke but Wolverine as well and that is extremely unlikely.

Heres the thing K3VIL we know what the metals of marvels Earth are and we know that they have many metals that are much stronger and durable the real metals; on the other hand we don't know what metals Star Wars universe has. Guess what saying, "they must have stronger metals because it takes place in the future," is an assumption.

The worst thing about World of Warcraft is all the post I miss and have to read here

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:25 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

look at it this way...
A Lightsaber is a concentrated beam of heated light... if admantium is indestructible (The hulk bent it, so what), this includes immpossible to melt, correct?
DONT tell me a lightsaber is hotter than the freaking sun, because wolverine got thrown into the sun and his admantium skeleton survived.

So in turn, a lightsaber would do nothing more than glide through his claws, making Maul's parrying of Wolvies claws impossible.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:44 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

And it isn't like an energy sword is an original invention; there are at least a dozen in Marvel comics and none of them can cut through adamantium.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:25 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Got that right. So even if Maul could see Wolverine's attack's he cant do crap to block them.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:40 AM
dami wilson

you guys just like to day dream. In reality if darth maul was as strong as he was he'd use the force to strangle and choke wolverine. He could also use the force to hold him in a hold where wolverine couldn't move. The light sabre can cut off his head which is wolvies weakest part and his balls. Maul can use the force to keep wolvie away or at bay. Remember how Darth Vader choked imperial troopers by simply staring at them? How is wolvie going to get even close to strike him if Maul uses the force to hold him back! Wolvie can only lift half a ton. The light sabre can cut into his heart and how long will it take for his body to form back after being burnt to cripes by the light sabre?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:38 AM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Sigh... Maul was killed by an older Jedi who wasn't half as good as Maul and by a young and not so experienced Padawan (Well, technically speaking, he was killed by a mere Padawan, not by Qui-Gon Jinn).

I think Maul is one of the most overhyped bad guys ever.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:38 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

quote:
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
Your wrong Nofate... Wolverine was tossed into the sun and he survived, his body grew back on his skeleton with a little help.
THe lightsaber would no doubt heat up his admantium skeleton but would never cut through it, with his claws everytime maul tries to parry with his saber itd pass through his metal claws like a flashlight, and the force can be easily manuevared through with wolverines awesome agility and reflexes.

Whats the force do? Knock you down? Honestly.

The force, well, the force can block wolverines windpipe, lift him up, throw him around....whatever
the lightsabre.....you saw one cut through blastdoors. You saw one cut of vaders hand, vaders suit absorbed blaster bullets.

I think if the lightsabre hit his claws, they would come straight off.

I swear to god, no way would wolverine win this.

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:49 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson
you guys just like to day dream. In reality if darth maul was as strong as he was he'd use the force to strangle and choke wolverine. He could also use the force to hold him in a hold where wolverine couldn't move. The light sabre can cut off his head which is wolvies weakest part and his balls. Maul can use the force to keep wolvie away or at bay. Remember how Darth Vader choked imperial troopers by simply staring at them? How is wolvie going to get even close to strike him if Maul uses the force to hold him back! Wolvie can only lift half a ton. The light sabre can cut into his heart and how long will it take for his body to form back after being burnt to cripes by the light sabre?

wolvering cannot lift 1 ton. that would be superhuman.
he does not have superhuman strength.
he can lift between 500 - 800 pounds.
that is documented in Marvel Universe Handbook.

anyway, this would be a good fight.
Each fighter would be somewhat stumped by the other.
"How can this runt keep getting back up and heal so fast?"
"What the hell is this guy doing with my head, aww great - another
telepathic/telekinetic ?"
Maul's use of the Force would probably be the deciding factor.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:23 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
Sigh... Maul was killed by an older Jedi who wasn't half as good as Maul and by a young and not so experienced Padawan (Well, technically speaking, he was killed by a mere Padawan, not by Qui-Gon Jinn).

I think Maul is one of the most overhyped bad guys ever.

Why don't you use your brain so much as you use it to say Maul is overhyped?It' OBVIOUS that Maul has to lost against Obi-Wan or Episode I would be a no sense movie, cause how can Obi-Wan die in Episode I and in Episode IV aka STAR WARS the first movie?
They let Obi-Wan catching Maul in a lack of attention when he jump and catch the light saber with telekinesis, if Obi-Wan wasnt a key character for the saga, they'll let Maul killing him.Simple.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:52 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Berserker rage Wolverine is in the 1 ton range but he has many comic feats that put his normal self there as well; it is best not to go with stats from Handbooks.

I think any one who thinks a light sabre would cut through Wolverine's claws is a deluded Star Wars fan boy and can not be take seriously in any thread. Dogma's sword connected with Wolverine's claws as well has the Black Knights energy sabre... his claws are still there.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:54 PM
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by K3VIL
Why don't you use your brain so much as you use it to say Maul is overhyped?It' OBVIOUS that Maul has to lost against Obi-Wan or Episode I would be a no sense movie, cause how can Obi-Wan die in Episode I and in Episode IV aka STAR WARS the first movie?
They let Obi-Wan catching Maul in a lack of attention when he jump and catch the light saber with telekinesis, if Obi-Wan wasnt a key character for the saga, they'll let Maul killing him.Simple.

So when Maul gets his ass handed to him, it was only for scenario reasons, nothing more ? I only have to use my imagination for five minutes, and I can come up with better scenarios, fights or deaths than "bad guys falls into pit"...

I even wouldn't have killed him off, because he IS a cool character, I would have him fight Obi and Gui and so at least several times. Or let him threaten young Vader. Or betray his master. Or whatever, there are so many ways you could spice him up and make him more interesting.

But no, Lucas wanted him dead. Not me.

Another, more plausible solution for his death, could of course be... maybe Maul wasn't THAT good stick out tongue. Ow, the blasphemy...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:14 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Hang on, vader, strongest in the force. Beat by ob1 in ep-3.

Sooooo how isnt ob1 good enough for a man with butterknives in his knuckles

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:22 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Indestructible means non meltable, A lightsabre wouldnt do jack shit against Wolverines claws.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:27 PM
The Inkeeper

I disagree

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:49 PM
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

In the X-men 2 movie, didn't that one guy say that you have to keep adamantium hot, or else once it dries, it is indestructable.

Yeah, twice is nice, but three times is just right.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 10:01 PM
laydiiplayette is currently offline Click here to Send laydiiplayette a Private Message Find more posts by laydiiplayette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

In the Marvel Universe adamantium is allegedly indestructable. In the Star Wars Universe a Light Saber can cut threw anything. Take that how you will. But in a fight Wolvie is outgunned here. I mean come on all Maul would have to do is just force squeeze Wolvies balls and he will go down. It may sound funny but can happen. Plus in my professional opinion a saber would cut adamantium with ease.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:43 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Then you are a moron... but you listen to Snoop Dogg so I guess the two go hand in hand.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:49 AM