KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best fighter ever

best fighter ever
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
handsdown

bas is good but bruce's speed and his jeet kune do is a every efffective systematic deconstuction of an opponent bas's system relies on overwhelming power and toughness bruce in his prime would be hard to hit even hard to inflict damage on it is the power and toughness vs relativly less power but precise enough to put enemies down in quick sucession if the situation called for it bas can do what bruce does but a chance of overkill hence take more time and bas has to cock back to throw a punch taking more time hence more time to move bruce strikes move so fast they make up the lack of body with velocity

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 02:16 AM
handsdown is currently offline Click here to Send handsdown a Private Message Find more posts by handsdown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by handsdown
bas is good but bruce's speed and his jeet kune do is a every efffective systematic deconstuction of an opponent bas's system relies on overwhelming power and toughness bruce in his prime would be hard to hit even hard to inflict damage on it is the power and toughness vs relativly less power but precise enough to put enemies down in quick sucession if the situation called for it bas can do what bruce does but a chance of overkill hence take more time and bas has to cock back to throw a punch taking more time hence more time to move bruce strikes move so fast they make up the lack of body with velocity
I'll just say this, Bas's leg kicks can break bones and rupture organs. And Bas has experience in fighting in numerous situations.

The knocked out a rottweiler to save his own dog.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 03:31 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bas Rutten is amazing. i love the guy's charisma and his toughness. to me he's is epitome of a "tough guy" cuz he has been around in all kinds of fighting scenarios (well, minus war of course).
that said, didn't Ken Shamrock beat the guy twice. and wasn't Shamrock said to be the most dangerous man? i don't follow UFC MMA and all that so sorry if i sound ignorant.

quote:
Most Kung Fu styles are useless in a real scrap

exactly. kungfu is too "form" oriented. they have all these ways of strking and guarding which look cool in an exhibition or in a movie but would suck in real life due to poor guarding systems, open movements and all the other stuff etc. not to mention that when you have someone trying to maul you or rape you, trying to look good is probably the last thing on your mind. small wonder i've never seen any kungfu fighter in MMA and UFCs.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Jun 19th, 2009 at 08:09 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 08:06 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I love how much people wank Bruce Lee big grin

The best fighter in real life scenarios is probably someone we've never heard of.

But I'll just say it's me, then Fedor.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 08:28 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
I love how much people wank Bruce Lee big grin

The best fighter in real life scenarios is probably someone we've never heard of.

But I'll just say it's me, then Fedor.
This.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 10:05 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Sado22
Bas Rutten is amazing. i love the guy's charisma and his toughness. to me he's is epitome of a "tough guy" cuz he has been around in all kinds of fighting scenarios (well, minus war of course).
that said, didn't Ken Shamrock beat the guy twice. and wasn't Shamrock said to be the most dangerous man? i don't follow UFC MMA and all that so sorry if i sound ignorant.

exactly. kungfu is too "form" oriented. they have all these ways of strking and guarding which look cool in an exhibition or in a movie but would suck in real life due to poor guarding systems, open movements and all the other stuff etc. not to mention that when you have someone trying to maul you or rape you, trying to look good is probably the last thing on your mind. small wonder i've never seen any kungfu fighter in MMA and UFCs.

~Sado

Shamrock pretty much beat Rutten because at the time Ruttens ground game wasn't evolved enough to compete with Kens.
If those 2 would have fought just a few years down the road,or even today,Bas would win fairly easy.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 10:43 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah, i see. thanx for the info smile

quote:
I love how much people wank Bruce Lee

true. not taking anything from the man but we can't use a movie star to talk about real toughness. sure he invented a unique, very practcal style, sure he was a true prodigy, true that he was legendary and his contribution to martial arts (and its overratedness) is immense. but he was a movie star and not a REAL fighter. not saying he'll get fubared in a fight against UFC boys etc tho.
people tlak about the one-inch punch all the time but it took him a while to pull that punch off and he'd be a dumbass to try it in real life.

~Sado

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 03:24 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by JacopeX
This.
**** your life.

Originally posted by mr.smiley
Shamrock pretty much beat Rutten because at the time Ruttens ground game wasn't evolved enough to compete with Kens.
If those 2 would have fought just a few years down the road,or even today,Bas would win fairly easy.
Exactly. And Shamrock was juicing up for that matter.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 04:20 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

shamrock was juicing? eek!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 08:35 PM
Mindset

ah, i see. thanx for the info smile

true. not taking anything from the man but we can't use a movie star to talk about real toughness. sure he invented a unique, very practcal style, sure he was a true prodigy, true that he was legendary and his contribution to martial arts (and its overratedness) is immense. but he was a movie star and not a REAL fighter. not saying he'll get fubared in a fight against UFC boys etc tho.
people tlak about the one-inch punch all the time but it took him a while to pull that punch off and he'd be a dumbass to try it in real life.

~Sado
JKD was unique compared to traditional Martial Arts, for the most part, but Krav Maga predates it, and they are similar.

But yea, JKD is pretty cool.

Last edited by Mindset on Jun 19th, 2009 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 09:41 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
handsdown

how old IS krav maga cuz it has some modern techineques gun disarms, hostage situations. how much older can it be

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 11:29 PM
handsdown is currently offline Click here to Send handsdown a Private Message Find more posts by handsdown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It was started in the 50s

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 11:46 PM
handsdown

well it isn't to much older

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 11:51 PM
Mindset

OK?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 12:10 AM
handsdown

it is like a handful of years ahead of bruce

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 04:20 PM
Mindset

More like 2 decades, but ok, what's your point?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 07:55 PM
handsdown

jkd was made in the 60's

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 08:38 PM
Mindset

Late 60's

Almost 2 decades after Krav Maga.

But still, what's your point?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 11:14 PM
mr.smiley

shamrock was juicing? eek!

Yeah.

HE did while in the WWE too.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 07:20 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by handsdown
Let's not forget that Bruce Lee 'in his prime' has lost fights. You're acting like he's some Godlike entity who just destroys anyone and can't be struck, let alone be knocked down or out, while Bas Rutten could very well beat a Bruce Lee who's 'in his prime'.

Last edited by Slay on Jun 24th, 2009 at 09:00 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:48 AM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote