KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best fighter ever

best fighter ever
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jackpackage

the best fighter of all time is bruce lee . Her trained 10hrs. a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. He never lost a fight and never had a true challange. No one was ever able to imitate or re-do what he did. thats what made hime the best fighter of all time.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 11:55 PM
jackpackage is currently offline Click here to Send jackpackage a Private Message Find more posts by jackpackage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jackpackage
the best fighter of all time is bruce lee .

If by "Bruce Lee", you mean "Fedor Emelianenko", then you are correct sir.
He never lost a fight and never had a true challange.

That's generally what happens when you never fight anyone.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 03:16 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Anderson Silva, Fedor, BJ Penn, Miguel Torres, Urijah Faber.

P.S. Bruce would have beat the shit outta Jet Li. Li mastered more styles? So what? Most Kung Fu styles are useless in a real scrap. Bruce knew this & evolved his own style. He was the 1st real MMArtist.

Last edited by I-Drop on Oct 24th, 2008 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 05:49 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Fedor, Anderson Silva, Mirko Crocop, BJ Penn and George St. Pierre, imo, rank amoungst the best.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:16 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Crocop used to

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:26 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Originally posted by I-Drop
Crocop used to

I know.

I felt that I should include him, for when he was on top, he was a beast.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 07:20 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by I-Drop
Anderson Silva, Fedor, BJ Penn, Miguel Torres, Urijah Faber.

P.S. Bruce would have beat the shit outta Jet Li. Li mastered more styles? So what? Most Kung Fu styles are useless in a real scrap. Bruce knew this & evolved his own style. He was the 1st real MMArtist.
Most of these "real scraps" you speak of are fought by untrained fighters. If you and I were "scrapping", it'd be messy and likely go to the ground (I am assuming you are an untrained fighter, forgive me if I am incorrect).

Two seasoned masters (Lee and Li) are less likely to resort to it. I have seen real life fights between both, untrained fighters and trained martial artists. Not saying a fight between two martial arts masters WOULD NOT go to the ground, mind you, just that it is less likely.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 05:21 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by StyleTime
If by "Bruce Lee", you mean "Fedor Emelianenko", then you are correct sir.

That's generally what happens when you never fight anyone.

I agree.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 10:25 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Most of these "real scraps" you speak of are fought by untrained fighters. If you and I were "scrapping", it'd be messy and likely go to the ground (I am assuming you are an untrained fighter, forgive me if I am incorrect).

Two seasoned masters (Lee and Li) are less likely to resort to it. I have seen real life fights between both, untrained fighters and trained martial artists. Not saying a fight between two martial arts masters WOULD NOT go to the ground, mind you, just that it is less likely.
MMA guys are highly trained & go to the ground often. It really depends on the style of the person involved. I'd pick experts in judo, jujitsu, sambo & muay thai to beat experts in Kung Fu more often than not. Only Kung Fu style that seems to be worth anything in MMA is the stuff Cung Lee uses. I think it's called Sanshou or something like that. He's a very good striker. Frank Shamrock foolishly tried to fight him w/out going to the ground & got his arm broken for it. gjj vs kung fu Listen to the 95% part too.

Last edited by I-Drop on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 01:42 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess. I am just going by fights I have seen up close and personal.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 01:54 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

I am only going to name the best boxers of all time:

Muhammed Ali
Sugar Ray Robinson
Jake LaMotta
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano
Joe Frazier
Marvin Hagler
Jack Dempsey
etc

I want to say this though:

Marvin Hagler is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Sugar Ray Leonard
Joe Louis is waaaaaaay better than Rocky Marciano

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 12:26 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Most all around adept fighter is Emelianenko, Fedor. The way he adapts to his environment is phenomenal. He's defeated fighters from all across the globe with different styles of fighting. From olympic wrestlers, to world class kickboxers, and masters of BJJ.

other fighters that deserved to be mentioned:

Lyoto Machida: His Karate foundation is what makes him one of the best. He has impressive balance and movements that allow him to strike at the strangest angles. His background in Sumo and Muay Thai has also helped him develop his entire fight game.

Anderson Silva: He has incredible muay thai skills. Easily the best in MMA, but I wouldn't consider the best fighter of all time. He's up there though.

BJ Penn
Georges St. Pierre
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Josh Barnettt
Randy Couture

and for future, i've been saying this for the past 3-4 years, look out for Gegard Mousasi.

He's going to be the next Anderson Silva.
Originally posted by Wil7
I am only going to name the best boxers of all time:

Muhammed Ali
Sugar Ray Robinson
Jake LaMotta
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano
Joe Frazier
Marvin Hagler
Jack Dempsey
etc

I want to say this though:

Marvin Hagler is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Sugar Ray Leonard
Joe Louis is waaaaaaay better than Rocky Marciano
good list. Hagler over Sugar Ray is debatable. But does it really matter, these guyz are all incredible boxers.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 02:59 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

the best fighter of all time is bruce lee . Her trained 10hrs. a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. He never lost a fight and never had a true challange. No one was ever able to imitate or re-do what he did. thats what made hime the best fighter of all time.

and yet mas oyama was still better smile

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 03:31 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by jalek moye
and yet mas oyama was still better smile
and yet you are both incorrect.

Oyama and Lee are no doubt incredible martial artists, but read the thread title.

"best fighter ever".

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 03:45 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i was just saying that oyama was better then lee. seeing as oyama actually had fighting experiance.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:36 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by jalek moye
i was just saying that oyama was better then lee. seeing as oyama actually had fighting experiance.
we haven't seen enough of Lee, so we can't really judge him.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 05:16 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
good list. Hagler over Sugar Ray is debatable. But does it really matter, these guyz are all incredible boxers.

If it is debateable, then I want to debate with you then Dr. Leg Kick. Are you saying that Sugar Ray Leonard(a.k.a- Splinda Ray Leonard)> Marvin Hagler? If so I want to debate against you then, or anybody who says other wise.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 09:06 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
handsdown

well i think bruce lee is the best striker and most praticial and frank mir submission grapple and randy coutore ground and pound and fedor for all round

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 11:37 PM
handsdown is currently offline Click here to Send handsdown a Private Message Find more posts by handsdown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
handsdown

fedo all round for combat sport bruce for real life fighting

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 11:39 PM
handsdown is currently offline Click here to Send handsdown a Private Message Find more posts by handsdown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Wil7
If it is debateable, then I want to debate with you then Dr. Leg Kick. Are you saying that Sugar Ray Leonard(a.k.a- Splinda Ray Leonard)> Marvin Hagler? If so I want to debate against you then, or anybody who says other wise.
By all means, I agree that Hagler > Sugar, but I said it's debatable. I've seen valid points for both sides. From what I remember, Hagler took control after rounds 5-6. Better pace, and landed better shots. It was a close fight. An immediate rematch would have been perfect.

Originally posted by handsdown
well i think bruce lee is the best striker and most praticial and frank mir submission grapple and randy coutore ground and pound and fedor for all round

That's great, but Bruce Lee has no footage of striking in combat. And I'm not talking about his acting career. The guy was fast, that's for sure, but I'd say best strikers are found in the Muai Thai and Boxing realm.

Buakaw Por. Pramuk always comes to mind when I think of a striker. The guy can kick down trees with his leg kicks. And that is no joke.

Frank Mir is a great submission artist, but there are much better out there. Guyz like Damien Maia, Jacare, and Fedor come to mind. Their transitions from one position to another is incredible.

As for ground and pound, Mark Coleman was the Godfather of the ground and pound, but nowadays, it's Fedor, Couture, and I'm going to say Cain Velasquez. I know it's too soon to say, but the guy is impressive. Once he starts working on his boxing and head movement, he wont get tagged when going for takedowns. I'm expecting a bright future.

Originally posted by handsdown
fedo all round for combat sport bruce for real life fighting
By 'real life fighting', I assume fights in everyday situations. In that case, I would say Bas Rutten. No question.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 12:50 AM