KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best fighter ever

best fighter ever
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bobby1269

best fighters!!!

well i say in prime days bruce lee and mike tyson there were fearful
now i say the best fighter out there is shaolinh monks they have deadly combination with there skill they can break your spine make u paralise in one inch i seen the documentrie very deadly....

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 10:48 PM
bobby1269 is currently offline Click here to Send bobby1269 a Private Message Find more posts by bobby1269 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ninjarod

I think that everyone here has made very good remarks about who they think the best fighter is. Bruce lee and Jet Li are great fighters, and most ppl on here are only going by the fighters they heard of. There are some many martial art fighters out there that dont want to be known, and would wipe the floor with any of the mentioned fighters. The founder of kyoukshin for example could kill a bull with a single strike to the head. Then there are the ppl who do Ninjutsu who are the most well rounded fighters in the world in unarmed and armed combat. I would like to see ppl like Rampage and Lindell take on Hatsumi.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 11:37 PM
ninjarod is currently offline Click here to Send ninjarod a Private Message Find more posts by ninjarod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

this is an impossible question, but just based on having skills in all aspects of fighting, i'd have to go with

Fedor Emelianenko

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 12:58 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ninjarod
I think that everyone here has made very good remarks about who they think the best fighter is. Bruce lee and Jet Li are great fighters, and most ppl on here are only going by the fighters they heard of. There are some many martial art fighters out there that dont want to be known, and would wipe the floor with any of the mentioned fighters. The founder of kyoukshin for example could kill a bull with a single strike to the head. Then there are the ppl who do Ninjutsu who are the most well rounded fighters in the world in unarmed and armed combat. I would like to see ppl like Rampage and Lindell take on Hatsumi.

Hatsumi would get mauled by Rampage or Liddell. Even if we assume he is as skilled as Rampage or Liddell, the guy is about to turn 77 if I'm not mistaken. He couldn't physically keep up with either of those guys.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 04:00 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MSP

Anyone seen FEDOR v. Tim Sylvia? FEDOR IS THE MAN!!!! 36sec choked out TIM!

Last edited by MSP on Jul 20th, 2008 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:56 AM
MSP is currently offline Click here to Send MSP a Private Message Find more posts by MSP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by MSP
Anyone seen FEDOR v. Tim Sylvia? FEDOR IS THE MAN!!!! 36sec choked out TIM!
yes

Karma is a *****.

Tim was disrespecting Fedor a few years back, calling him "little shit". Fedor as always, calm, humble, and all class. the guy is champion and undefeated for a reason.

hopefully we see either Arlovski or Barnett vs Fedor.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:46 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Fedor
BJ Penn
Frank Shamrock
Bas Rutten
Anderson "Spider" Silva
Rickson Gracie
Bruce Lee

and Mike Tyson no expression

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:42 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grimify
Lord of the Dance

I can't believe people are saying Bruce Lee. He has zero fights at the professional level. He has only four amateur fights. Get real, the guy is an actor. People are so gullible.

As for best "fighter" it's a hard thing to say.

p4p (imo)...

Striking: probably Dieselnoi, Apidej, or Payakaroon.
Submission Grappling: Rickson Gracie, Roger Gracie, or Ricardo Arona
Best overall: Anderson Silva.

Of course there is almost certainly some guys out there who have no interest in competitive martial arts who could beat any of the best fighters out there. You'll just never know about them.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 09:55 PM
grimify is currently offline Click here to Send grimify a Private Message Find more posts by grimify Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by grimify
Striking: probably Dieselnoi, Apidej, or Payakaroon.
Submission Grappling: Rickson Gracie, Roger Gracie, or Ricardo Arona
Best overall: Anderson Silva.

Of course there is almost certainly some guys out there who have no interest in competitive martial arts who could beat any of the best fighters out there. You'll just never know about them.

I don't think any of those three could outstrike modern K-1 top tiers. In their prime, guys like Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, or Andy Hug should beat them.

Pure grappling is too hard to call at the moment. There are far to many good grapplers out there. I'd pick Nogueira in an MMA/ValeTudo environment though.

As for best overall, I think Fedor is pretty much the greatest until proven otherwise at this point. Recently, Silva has dominated, but he's still been defeated. Fedor hasn't.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 28th, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 12:25 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

it's all subjective, but if we are to break it down:

Striking: Buakaw Por Pramuk
Submission/Grappling: Jacare
Best overall in MMA: Fedor Emelianenko

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 06:08 AM
dvampire
xenogears

Anderson Silva, Fedor, GSP, or BJ Peen. I prefer Silva and GSP style of fighting though.

Made by DW

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 06:42 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

if you combine GSP with Silva, you'd get the perfect fighter that could defeat Fedor.

same with combining Nogueira with Barnett.

Fedor's style of fighting is simply adapting to his opponents style. you just never know how he is going to approach a fight.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 07:06 PM
percept
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would say it is Brock Lesner. He has proved his ability in Wrestling, the UFC and MMA...a true athlete with loads of stamina and fitness. I have seen this guy perform and I would undoubtedly say he is the best fighters. Mike Tyson and Evender Hollyfield comes in net.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 01:00 PM
percept is currently offline Click here to Send percept a Private Message Find more posts by percept Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by percept
I would say it is Brock Lesner. He has proved his ability in Wrestling, the UFC and MMA...a true athlete with loads of stamina and fitness. I have seen this guy perform and I would undoubtedly say he is the best fighters. Mike Tyson and Evender Hollyfield comes in net.
no expression

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:49 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by percept

How can you say that when Lesnar just lost to Frank Mir?
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
if you combine GSP with Silva, you'd get the perfect fighter that could defeat Fedor.

same with combining Nogueira with Barnett.

Fedor's style of fighting is simply adapting to his opponents style. you just never know how he is going to approach a fight.

Anderson St. Pierre could rule the universe if he/it wanted to.

Seriously though, I sometimes think that if GSP was larger, he might be able to take Fedor.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:33 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Fitch via TKO
Herring via Sub
Florian via Sub
Gamburyan via Sub

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 08:32 PM
RocasAtoll

Fedor is probably the best now, but if Shogun can recover I think he will become the greatest in time. He has great potential to go along with his already developed skills.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:11 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Fedor is probably the best now, but if Shogun can recover I think he will become the greatest in time. He has great potential to go along with his already developed skills.

rumors have it that Shogun vs Rampage II is set for December.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:32 PM
RocasAtoll

Can't wait. Should be a legendary fight. But it'll probably get pushed back from December.

It's good the UFC is finally coming out with some quality contenders, instead of having Liddell sit on top and get his ass kicked by the first real challenge.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 02:14 AM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

I can't believe I just saw Rickson's name brought up. And really, it's got to be Fedor. And yeah, I remember Tim Sylvia saying "Bring on Fedor!" a couple years ago. But props to Timmay, at least he actually went through with it and fought Fedor. As for Lesnar, not even close. Although I will say one thing. I find it scary to think about how good he could be right now if he didn't waste all those years in WWE. If Brock would have went straight to MMA after wrestling in college, who knows what he could be right now.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 07:56 AM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote