KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Who is the best guitarist of all time??

Who is the best guitarist of all time??
Started by: undertaker619

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bakerboy

Dont forget George Harrison, Eric Clapton and Keith Richards.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:27 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
NO! Jimi aint the best, he is not good by todays standards! Yngwie Malmsteen, John Norum, and Mattias IA Eklundh are by FAR better then your little jimi and they are even better then Joe Satriani!

This is ludicrous. Seriously.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:45 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

I know what you mean messed

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:13 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
room #99
lick my biceps

lord andres is right Jimi was Fantastic abck in his days, today he is just avrege, sorry if i offended anyone, this my own freakin opinion.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 07:10 AM
room #99 is currently offline Click here to Send room #99 a Private Message Find more posts by room #99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Today he is still cited by many great guitarists as the best there ever was. Dunno where you got "average" from.

That word and Jimi Hendrix should never be used in reference to each other. Jimi, love him or not, will never be anything short of astounding.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 07:56 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
room #99
lick my biceps

okay if you say so, i on the other hand have a different opinion.

But when i listen to jimi and the other guitarists lord mentiond i see they are much talented then he ever was. so thats why i said by todays standards he is not that special. and thats comming from someone who loves his music!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:12 AM
room #99 is currently offline Click here to Send room #99 a Private Message Find more posts by room #99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"But when i listen to jimi and the other guitarists lord mentiond i see they are much talented then he ever was. so thats why i said by todays standards he is not that special. and thats comming from someone who loves his music!"

Just because you love his music it doesn't make your claiming him average any more concrete. He is NOT average, that's a fact. You "see" that they are as talented, I don't. I see they might be more technically able, but they aren't better musicians. I'll take All Along The Watchtower over anything those guitarists have put out.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:20 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
room #99
lick my biceps

he is averge by todays stanards! joe satriani by him self has atleast 10 songs that are better then all along the watchtower musically/technecally.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:38 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"joe satriani by him self has atleast 10 songs that are better then all along the watchtower musically/technecally"

Technically maybe, musically I don't agree.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:54 AM
room #99
lick my biceps

okay then we have different opinions on that. Still they are bother great guitar players.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 10:03 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 10:31 AM
jet131

um i would have to say my picks whould be yingwie malmsteen, and dan donegan(from disturbed)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 07:55 AM
jet131 is currently offline Click here to Send jet131 a Private Message Find more posts by jet131 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

No mention of Frank Zappa? I should slap ya'll.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:12 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

The best guitarists of all time are Eric Clapton, Prince, and Charro.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:28 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

Dave Davies (The Kinks)

Stuart Adamson (Big Country)

David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)

Brian May (Queen)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 09:06 AM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eggmayo
Randy Rhoads

My older brother was named after him.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:57 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

I dont get how anyone can say Malmsteen is the best ever. Sure he's fast, but not innovative or unique. Sure, he can own Tom Morrelo when it comes to speed, but I still consider Morello a far better guitarist.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 07:55 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funny, because that's exactly how many guitarists look at Synyster Gates. Try telling that to an Avenged fan and they throw fits more or less.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 09:56 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by room #99
he is averge by todays stanards! joe satriani by him self has atleast 10 songs that are better then all along the watchtower musically/technecally.

joe satriani is no doubt an absolutely immense technician...but he has all the soul and feeling of a house brick...lets not forget the techniques that jimi invented without the aid of all the technical gadgetry that todays guitarists enjoy

and lets establish 1 clear fact about playing the guitar...fast does not = good...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:48 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

To quote Total Guitar, "Paul Gilbert has more technique than a 10th dan black belt". He's not better than Hendrix creatively though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:55 AM