KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Haldir's Death

Haldir's Death
Started by: LegolasLuva

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LegolasLuva
Elvish Ring Wraith

laughing "Olympic Uruk'Hai..." Ha ha! I liked all those arrows in that fight. I think it would be more boring without the elves. All those hundreds of arrows flying all over the place made the battleground seem more... "Alive"... Unsettled... More active, know what I mean? yes ninja Ninja Elves! Now THAT would be a sight to see! Or Zorro Elves...! zorro

They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead"-Smeagol, from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 08:30 AM
LegolasLuva is currently offline Click here to Send LegolasLuva a Private Message Find more posts by LegolasLuva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

That was one of the reasons why I thought it was cool that they were there. cool I actually thought the Battle of Helm's Deep in the book was quite boring, but that's just me. smile

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 03:32 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morningstar
-Nous tout meurt un jour-

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadowy_blue
[B] Anyway, supposing that they all died, I think it's not too impossible, after all, it's not like there were thousands of Elves who came, there were just like hundreds of them, and some were killed from the explosion courtesy of that "Olympic Uruk-Hai", so..yeah.. smile
QUOTE]

Hey Shadowy have u seen that spoof of that moment, the one where it says 'and bringing in the torch for the 2056 helms deep Olympics games is random Uruk-Hai #5671' or something? I should find a pic of it.
*disappears to look for one* its hilarious!
the scene wasnt even that long in the book, i think *forehead creases in rememberance* but in the movie, PJ made it about 24minutes, i think. smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 02:08 AM
Morningstar is currently offline Click here to Send Morningstar a Private Message Find more posts by Morningstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

LOL..I would like to see that. smile

And what's about 24 minutes? LOL..I don't get it. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 02:35 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

the battle was 24 minutes

all the elves did die

when they were in the keep, fighting with aragorn, and gimli and the uruks poured in....and aragorn shouted retreat...they just didnt...and were all killed

Im Back happy

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 06:43 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morningstar

thats depressing sad

~*Je t'aime Andrew. Pouquoi ne peux pas tu voir cela*~

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 01:48 AM
Morningstar is currently offline Click here to Send Morningstar a Private Message Find more posts by Morningstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Yeah, I also assume that they were all dead at the end but what's up with still showing us that some of them made it to the Keep yet none of them went out alive? confused

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 12:53 AM
LegolasLuva
Elvish Ring Wraith

How can you tell the difference between an Elf and a human in a glance? They don't look that different... The arrows maybe, but still...

When sun has failed and moon is dead"-Smeagol, from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 01:38 AM
LegolasLuva is currently offline Click here to Send LegolasLuva a Private Message Find more posts by LegolasLuva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morningstar

and the armour and head pieces - they were different.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 05:58 AM
LegolasLuva
Elvish Ring Wraith

Yeah, but it's all so dark... It's a little hard to see... Oh well. I just didn't think anyone would actually be paying attention to that kind of detail. Go figure.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 06:53 AM
Morningstar

big grin *shrugs* i guess its just me. I think i have the LotR movies burnt into my brain ive seen them so many times b4!!!
smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 07:27 AM
shadowy_blue

Maybe it's just me..but I thought it was kinda easy to distinguish an Elf from a Rohir may it be dark or no..(and it wasn't very dark anyway) both races have their own special "Its" that makes it easy for some people to determine them, aside from their differences in armor, hair, helm, etc.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 04:05 PM
Serif

quote:
Originally posted by shadowy_blue
I was touched by the scene because I know who he is, but sadly, those other people with me in the theater didn't remember who he was in FOTR so the impact was kinda not touching to them. That's just my regret.

Yes, I agree. At first I thought he was Celeborn, Lord of Lothlórien embarrasment

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 08:14 AM
Serif is currently offline Click here to Send Serif a Private Message Find more posts by Serif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

i didnt like the scene b/c it didnt stick to the book

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 11:08 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naib
Come and get me!

Haldir's death was neither necessary nor motivated enough to warrant any emotions at all...elves at Helm's Deep seemed somewhat of an anomoly since it was not in the book. I understand that this was a movie, but it did little to add to the scene.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:13 PM
Naib is currently offline Click here to Send Naib a Private Message Find more posts by Naib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

quite true, its weird to show that they did turn up...

it was more in the movie to show that the elves are not totally abandoning men in the fight against sauron, little did they know that lorien was going to beunder attack

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:28 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naib
Come and get me!

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
quite true, its weird to show that they did turn up...

it was more in the movie to show that the elves are not totally abandoning men in the fight against sauron, little did they know that lorien was going to beunder attack

I agree. And even in Lake Town they were under attack. Where King Bard and King Dain were slain in that battle. And the woodland realm of Legolas' father saw battle as well. While in Theoden King did think the world of men had no friends such as Aragorn did, the allience was still there.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:42 PM
Naib is currently offline Click here to Send Naib a Private Message Find more posts by Naib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Offtopic yet again,

notice how these old topics get "bumped" and then go immediatly off topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Haldir wasnt much of a tragic death, in the film he should of listened to aragorn and left without sticking around to add a ew more orcs to the death list....

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:46 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

*yawn*

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:48 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naib
Come and get me!

^go to bed.

It was lame that to have survive so long in the fight, yet the moment Aragorn yells for them to retreat back to the keep, he is wounded with lamest attack by one orc, looks at his blood in astonishment, like he can't believe he's been wounded, then doesn't think about anything else so he's wide open for an attack from the rear.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:56 PM