KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Basketball

College Basketball
Started by: Shaolin Monk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

haha glad to have your occasional support.. i think GT is gonna be deadly this year their team is so deep have one of the most solid benches ever

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 02:05 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

you know who I really can't stand...Gonzaga!!! Every year they have a decent team, every year the experts leave them outta the top 25 to start off, then everyone jumps on the Gonzaga bandwagon after the first few weeks of the season, or as soon as they beat someone noteworthy...extremely annoying.

I don't think that Gonzaga is a championship team though...they sorta go in spurts....they will play really well for a few games, then lose to a bunch of crappy teams.

And how about NC State??? Losing 3 games so far, 1 to Washington, 1 to a team I don't know the name of because all it says on their site is "TBA" and then yesterday to West Virginia.

Man, North Carolina impresses the hell outta me. I don't see how my terps are gonna have a chance this coming saturday. GT is great too, I really like Jarret Jack. BJ Elder needs to stay healthy though if these guys are going to repeat last years run.

As usual, the ACC owns the polls, and the nation big grin yes

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 02:26 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin Monk

As usual, the ACC owns the polls, and the nation big grin yes

hell YEAH!

all acc final 4 would be sweet

a big suprise this year to me is the huskies i like them a lot

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:11 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
hell YEAH!

all acc final 4 would be sweet

a big suprise this year to me is the huskies i like them a lot

oh man, that would be badass...Yeh, Washington is doing really well...Can't believe they are ranked 13th! Seems like the 10-20 guys are kinda quiet though...a lot of talk about 1-9 being really good, and 20-25 being close to losing their spot. The Huskies snuck right up there....

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:18 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

ended up going to the maryland game again tonight.. they played mt saint marys (a little school like 15 min from where i live) and killed them.. garrison blocked a shot with like his elbow it was funny

towards the end it had got pretty quiet at one part and so i yelled "Go Duke"

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:34 AM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
ended up going to the maryland game again tonight.. they played mt saint marys (a little school like 15 min from where i live) and killed them.. garrison blocked a shot with like his elbow it was funny

towards the end it had got pretty quiet at one part and so i yelled "Go Duke"

laughing laughing you jackass

yeah, since I hate Comcast and refuse to pay for some of their channels, I had to listen to the game on my computer...which was alright, I like the commentators...but it was a blowout...woulda been funny if I had heard you

we'll see how they play Saturday @ north carolina, i just pray for a good game regardless

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:03 PM
forumcrew

lol i just scrolled up and the page is just me and you alternating not a lot of college hoops fans here i guess.. Im watchin Duke kill princeton right now JJ is havin another slow start he keeps managing to score a lot but its taking him too long to get going against a really good team Dukes gonna be in trouble

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 12:40 AM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

ya, no one has posted in uh long ass time but me and you

tonight was interesting...

Boston College beat 10th ranked UCONN
Georgetown beat 16th ranked Pittsburgh
Villanova beat 21st ranked West Virginia
Houston beat 17th ranked Louisville
Michigan beat 14th ranked Iowa
Vanderbilt beat 19th ranked Alabama

Kansas and Kentucky barely pulled out their wins.

I can't stand Illinois...have i said that? lol...they aren't the best team in the nation!! I really think North Carolina is, Rashad McCants is friggin insane. North Carolina should be number 1, all the "experts" imply it, but no one will admit that Illinois isn't the best. They have a much easier conference schedule.

Let's see, who is tougher...Iown, Michigan State, and Wisconsin.....or Duke, Wake Forest, and Georgia Tech....not to mention Maryland, NC State, and Virginia....bah, I'm tired of hearing that the Big 10 is the ACC's match...

ACC has been owning the Big 10 in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge for many years!!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 06:40 AM
forumcrew

i agree completely illinois is very over rated there simply is NO match to the ACC bottom line.. Uconn better drop a lot and boston college needs to get into the ranking for tonight i loved seein uconn get beat!..

marylands got a tough week comign up though Gt and UNC on the road ouch... its time for them to prove their worth basicly gilcrest need 30-40 points a game

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 07:13 AM
forumcrew

6 top 25 teams lost wednesday night and theres only 4 undefeated teams left

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 07:59 AM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

did you see the Maryland/North Carolina game today?

wow...maryland played so well. They took advantage of NC's mistakes, had a lot of points in the paint, and out rebounded NC on both boards. They also shot well from 3 point land. They haven't played that well in awhile!

Yeah...RIGHT!

It was horrible, very disappointed in my Terps. I didn't think they would beat NC at home, but I didn't think they would lose by THAT much. It was disgusting to watch. NC kicked their asses.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 07:50 PM
forumcrew

yea it was ugly most point ever scored against maryland.. and then duke one after to make it a happy day for me yes

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 09:15 PM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

focker ^^^^ lol

Kansas @ Kentucky

dunno who I want to win this...should be a good game...I don't like Kentucky though. So prolly end up goin for Kansas.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 07:51 PM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

Kansas/Kentucky game was good...did u watch it forumcrew?

Perfect example of why I don't like the AP Poll, and never have:

AP Poll:

1 Illinois 16-0
2 Kansas 11-0
3 North Carolina 13-1
4 Wake Forest 13-1
5 Duke 11-0
6 Oklahoma State 11-1
7 Syracuse 15-1
8 Georgia Tech 11-2
9 Kentucky 10-2
10 Texas 12-2
11 Mississippi State 14-2
12 Connecticut 9-2
13 Boston College 13-0
14 Washington 13-2
15 Michigan State 10-2
16 Gonzaga 11-3
17 Arizona 12-3
18 Cincinnati 13-1
19 Louisville 12-3
20 Pittsburgh 11-2
21 George Washington 10-2
22 Marquette 13-1
23 Alabama 12-3
24 Iowa 12-3
25 Oklahoma 11-2

Coaches Poll:

1 Illinois 16-0
2 Kansas 11-0
3 Wake Forest 13-1
4 North Carolina 13-1
5 Duke 11-0
6 Oklahoma State 11-1
7 Syracuse 15-1
8 Kentucky 10-2
9 Connecticut 9-2
10 Georgia Tech 11-2
11 Texas 12-2
12 Pittsburgh 11-2
13 Arizona 12-3
14 Washington 13-2
15 Iowa 12-3
16 Louisville 12-3
17 Gonzaga 11-3
18 Alabama 12-3
19 Michigan State 10-2
20 Cincinnati 13-1
21 Maryland 9-3
22 Mississippi State 14-2
23 West Virginia 11-1
24 North Carolina State 10-4
25 George Washington 10-2

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 06:05 AM
forumcrew

i actually have more issues with the coaches poll then I do the AP poll.. you have to admit after UNC Maryland should not be ranked and if they are then #25 at best.. Boston college deserves to be ranked and they SHOULD be above uconn since they beat them in uconn!! GT should be higher and they will be very soon

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 06:35 PM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

yeh, my bad...that was last weeks poll lol...and i do agree Maryland shouldn't be ranked...maybe if it woulda been a close game, but since it was a blowout and their 3rd loss, they shouldn't be ranked...they aren't this week...and tonight will be no better from saturday...they play @ Wake!!

This weeks poll: http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/polls

Man, I don't see how Boston College isn't ranked higher than UCONN either...BC is even undefeated...that's garbage.

and since ur from maryland/east coast...do u know wtf "RJ" or "RJ Split" is? It's what some maryland games are broadcasted on, but I dunno if its just a "local" channel over there or what

Last edited by Shaolin Monk on Jan 11th, 2005 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:49 PM
forumcrew

no idea.. the only local RJ thing is a restaurant called RJ Bentleys thats a really popular place to go before games lol..

but yea UCONN is gettin lucky and maryland needs to really step it up against wake

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:57 PM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

oh ok

I'm listening to the game right now...gilchrist didn't start cause he missed an academic assignment they said...honestly, maryland needs to get their sh!t together, all of them, as a team, or they are goin to the NIT instead of the big tourney no expression

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 02:13 AM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

twas horrible...81-66

maryland was 1-14 from 3 pt. range

their 2nd string guys played MUCH better than the starters...gilchrist didn't even play in the 2nd half...

they outscored wake by 6 in the 2nd half, but played so bad in the first it didn't matter

now they got a tough temple team saturday....yay lol

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:13 AM
forumcrew

yea gilcrest had his warmups on all of the second half gary williams was sending him a message because hes had some administration issues and gotten a little too big for his britches.. i give them credit for fighting hard in the second half though and trying.. towards the end gilcrest was becoming more verbaly supportive from the bench (he HAS to step up as a leader for this team)

i still think its funny that theres only been 1 other post then us since the first page and that was just someone sayign uconn sucks this year

Last edited by forumcrew on Jan 12th, 2005 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 05:32 AM