KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Phoenix: Endsong

Phoenix: Endsong
Started by: FieryBalrog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Phoenix: Endsong

What did you guys think of this series? Given that Jean Grey/Phoenix is one of my favorite characters, I was kind of left with a bittersweet feeling. This might be Jean's last appearance in mainstream comics for a long time and they did give her a decent send off. Also they finally made clear once and for all that Jean Grey is the Phoenix and vice versa. On the other hand, they used the series as an excuse to keep Emma/Scott together.... and I dont really like Emma and I'm beginning to hate Scott for being such a wuss stick out tongue

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:35 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

I don't like emma that much either. But it was getting tiring of seeing Scoot only with one girl.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:38 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

I meant Scott.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:39 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I like Emma. Cyclops needs to get out of the whole Phoenix/Cable/Rachel stigma he has. He needs to be his own person instead of "Cyclops and Jean Grey" He never develops this way. Which is why Grant Morrison broke them up.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:59 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

What happened so far ive only read up to issue 3. I cant read the rest till i finish uni next month

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 04:23 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GuitarBunny
HumpingPostBunnyGuitar

I don't exactly like Emma either but she does make the Dark Phoenix/Emma/Scott thing most interesting

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 04:52 AM
GuitarBunny is currently offline Click here to Send GuitarBunny a Private Message Find more posts by GuitarBunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
I like Emma. Cyclops needs to get out of the whole Phoenix/Cable/Rachel stigma he has. He needs to be his own person instead of "Cyclops and Jean Grey" He never develops this way. Which is why Grant Morrison broke them up.

well it might have worked out, but currently Cyclops still isn't his own person. He's "Cyclops and Emma who isn't Jean Grey, and youre going to like it". He's being defined by the fact that he's not with Jean anymore.

As a poster on another board put it, the Emma/Scott romance is still:

Cyclops: I love you Emma. You're not Jean, so everybody get used to it!
Emma: I love you Scott. I'm not Jean, and get used to it folks!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:50 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by FieryBalrog
What did you guys think of this series? Given that Jean Grey/Phoenix is one of my favorite characters, I was kind of left with a bittersweet feeling. This might be Jean's last appearance in mainstream comics for a long time and they did give her a decent send off. Also they finally made clear once and for all that Jean Grey is the Phoenix and vice versa. On the other hand, they used the series as an excuse to keep Emma/Scott together.... and I dont really like Emma and I'm beginning to hate Scott for being such a wuss stick out tongue

ok... im gonna disagree with the wuss part... you read the 'heart squeezing' part right?

well it might have worked out, but currently Cyclops still isn't his own person. He's "Cyclops and Emma who isn't Jean Grey, and youre going to like it". He's being defined by the fact that he's not with Jean anymore.

As a poster on another board put it, the Emma/Scott romance is still:

Cyclops: I love you Emma. You're not Jean, so everybody get used to it!
Emma: I love you Scott. I'm not Jean, and get used to it folks!

and yes i do agree... it feels like we're being force fed this... i dislike emma more than i do jean, and i really dislike jean (sorry fierybalrog)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 09:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

its always sad to see 'em go...but i hope jean stays gone this time...she's kool, i like the whole phoenix thingy...but....i think its time everyone moved on.....get something else to screw up scott's life ^__^....it's always been phoenix this, jean that....

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:23 PM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i really like emme, she;s ojne of my favs. bbut i don't like the fact that she is with cyke....srry pr but imo cyke drags down her character

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:39 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by stormfront13
i really like emme, she;s ojne of my favs. bbut i don't like the fact that she is with cyke....srry pr but imo cyke drags down her character

drags her down? really? not the opposite?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

idk i liked her character more before she met him. i think she's turning a little soft in a way. idk maybe its just the fact that i don't like cyke.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:46 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by pr1983
ok... im gonna disagree with the wuss part... you read the 'heart squeezing' part right?

and yes i do agree... it feels like we're being force fed this... i dislike emma more than i do jean, and i really dislike jean (sorry fierybalrog)

true.... I forgot about the heart squeezing thing... but in any case, I think he might have been bluffing stick out tongue (or mabye not). Cyclops is a cool character and very underrated, but his whininess about Jean is beginning to grate.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:52 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

true.... I forgot about the heart squeezing thing... but in any case, I think he might have been bluffing stick out tongue (or mabye not). Cyclops is a cool character and very underrated, but his whininess about Jean is beginning to grate.

well if she'd died three times and kept coming back to interrupt your life how would you feel?

and bluffing... i don't think cyke is one to bluff... especially in that situation...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:54 PM
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

well if she'd died three times and kept coming back to interrupt your life how would you feel?

and bluffing... i don't think cyke is one to bluff... especially in that situation...

true... I'm kinda annoyed they keep killing her off and bringing her back (although i guess thats kinda unavoidable if youre a phoenix cool ) but I hope they do keep her gone for a while now, given that theyre just using her to bother scott.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:58 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

true... I'm kinda annoyed they keep killing her off and bringing her back (although i guess thats kinda unavoidable if youre a phoenix cool ) but I hope they do keep her gone for a while now, given that theyre just using her to bother scott.

to be honest...

i'm neither a huge fan of jean or emma... but i think jean suits him best... as long as they stop making it all about her...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:02 AM
rouge24
skater girl

hey paul, i'm just wondering, why don't you like jean? i can understand why you don't like emma, as i don't like her myself

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:15 AM
rouge24 is currently offline Click here to Send rouge24 a Private Message Find more posts by rouge24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

to be honest...

i'm neither a huge fan of jean or emma... but i think jean suits him best... as long as they stop making it all about her...

I totally agree with pr1983.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by rouge24
hey paul, i'm just wondering, why don't you like jean? i can understand why you don't like emma, as i don't like her myself

to be honest...

i think shes: completely self absorbed, selfish and sometimes two faced...

and the fact that cyclops will go down in history as jean greys husband, not a great leader or one of marvels top tacticians... no... the husband of the phoenix...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:24 AM
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

to be honest...

i think shes: completely self absorbed, selfish and sometimes two faced...

and the fact that cyclops will go down in history as jean greys husband, not a great leader or one of marvels top tacticians... no... the husband of the phoenix...

he will probably go down as both. stick out tongue who doesnt know cyclops as leader of the x-men? He's only led them since the very early uncanny days.

of course, I think youre totally wrong about jean... although she isn't a perfect character.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:37 AM