KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Order 66 - Official Discussion Thread

Order 66 - Official Discussion Thread
Started by: bobafett81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bobafett81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Milosz006
The movie obviously left room for Jedis to be killed between Episodes 3 and 4. Think about when Yoda and Obi1 had to recalibrate the homing signal. If there were no Jedis left they wouldn't need to do that.

As for the whole "genetically programmed", it is obvious that it was a simple order that was told to them, not some switch that was flipped. Notice how the troopers that were informed of the Order had to tell the other troopers of the plan. Also how Cody said "I understand, my lord", meaning that he had previous been aware, not that he was nice and suddenly went evil beyond his control. The clone troopers were aware that the Order could be called at any time, pure and simple.

wow. good analysis!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:19 PM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by mysterio69
anyone happen to know what that world was?

Felucia.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Banshee

I thought order 66 was the saddest part of the movie. Expecially when Ki-Adi died.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Banshee a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Banshee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by jedijunky1138
Obi Wan reprogramed the signal so that the remaining Jedi will stay away. That scene was in there for a reason. I think that the TV series will show some of the jedi that survived being hunt down by Vader.

No way Vader's gonna be in the tv series.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the queeq forbids it?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:31 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

there will be no main characters in the TV show

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:55 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Banshee

I think the order 66 part should have been longer:

-Luminara
-Baris Offee
-Quinlan Vos!!
(-Even Piel?)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Banshee a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Banshee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

Originally posted by Lana
Felucia.

thanks. smile

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:29 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Lord Banshee
I think the order 66 part should have been longer:

-Luminara
-Baris Offee
-Quinlan Vos!!
(-Even Piel?)

Luminara is seen very briefly, she's the last Jedi shown and you see her being shot down in the lower left-hand corner on what appears to be a bridge or something. It's literally blink-and-miss-it, it cuts away IMMEDIATELY. I was a little peeved that Luminara was passed off like that and Barriss wasn't shown at all....even though I didn't really want to see them die, being as they're my favorite Jedi, I really wanted to see them onscreen again. And I think Vos should have been more than just mentioned by name.

Originally posted by mysterio69
thanks. smile

No problem smile

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:01 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobafett81

simply sad, isn't it?

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

what! who is goin to be in the tv series?????/

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Did anyone notice that Plo Koon(sp) was flying what looked like Anakin's old clone wars ship? The one he flew in the very first episode of Clone Wars, that looked like his pod racer.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:33 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Dean
Emperor's New Groove

Originally posted by Obi-wan2005
what! who is goin to be in the tv series?????/

I heard somewhere that Daniel Logan would be playing Boba Fett on the show. Anyone else? It's just what I heard.

Click here to view my non-updated SW Collection!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Dean a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Dean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supatroopa286
The Forum's Drifter

look, the clones arent loyal to the emperor, they were loyal to the republic. Order 66 meant that the Jedi had become enemies of the republic. the clones were taught this since birth. they simply followed orders to protect the thing that they were born to fight for. if Palpatine just said to commander Cody or Gree

"Kill the jedi"

they wouldnt do it. they still thought the jedi were freinds of the republic, and would probably attack the emperor.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send supatroopa286 a Private Message Find more posts by supatroopa286 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by supatroopa286
look, the clones arent loyal to the emperor, they were loyal to the republic. Order 66 meant that the Jedi had become enemies of the republic. the clones were taught this since birth. they simply followed orders to protect the thing that they were born to fight for. if Palpatine just said to commander Cody or Gree

"Kill the jedi"

they wouldnt do it. they still thought the jedi were freinds of the republic, and would probably attack the emperor.

order 66 by itself meant "kill all the jedi and friends of the jedi"

the few sentences after it is just for added effect. Notice how order 66 takes effect instantly. The clones remain loyal even after there is no republic.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 01:55 AM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supatroopa286
The Forum's Drifter

i researched Commander Gree on the internet and it said that the clones were simply ferociously loyal to the republic. they just thought the empire was the republic with a different name.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:13 PM
Click here to Send supatroopa286 a Private Message Find more posts by supatroopa286 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, they should have shown more of the Jedi being knocked off.

Luminara and Barriss should have gotten more screen time, since they were well liked. Barriss was on Felucia with Aayla; would have been neat for her to go like "Aayla, no!" and then get blasted down herself. And Luminara should have stuck with Yoda... stick out tongue

Quinlan Vos? Meh...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:30 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

Kinda unfitting that Ki-Adi died... After all he`s been through. Couldn`t he have used the Force to dive off that platform and land somewhere safely?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 01:32 PM
Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

There is a deleted scene with anakin killing shak ti as she meditates in the force maybe they'll put it on the dvd.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 02:59 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

So... Do all the Council members (except Yoda and Obi 1) die? Even Eeth Koth? Noooo! Zabraks deserve so much better than this... Jedi zabraks at least...

It would have been funny if the clone commanders would have forgotten what the order was about.

Palps: Execute Order 66!
Cody: Pardon, my lord... What Order?
Palps: Order 66!!
Cody: I don`t get it? (turns to troopers) Hey, do any of you guys remember any 'Order 66'?
Troopers: What Order?!
Palps: Imbeciles...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 04:13 PM
Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote