KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What does it take to go to hell?

What does it take to go to hell?
Started by: XxoooxX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Marchello
*["You're SDA aren't you???"]

***No, I am not. I am a Fundamentalist Christian [Baptist] who believes that the Scriptures are the SOLE authority [Sola Scriptura].

Marchello

Ughh...Fundamentalist Christian Baptists are so fkn annoying....

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 12:20 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

*[

***Nah....your braggadocio is fooling no one. The fact of the matter is that a braggart like you will be the FIRST one to scream. BTW, you'll have NO FRIENDS there...and those with you will be screaming "in concert" with you...FOREVER.

Marchello

laughing I already have no friends, so that I can deal with...and you are obviously the life of any party.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 12:59 AM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
docb77
Thinker

*["docb77...PseudoIntellectual."]

***Correct.

*["...'The Scriptures alone dictate what the true believer is to believe...' Not so, God is the ultimate source. If God says something that contradicts what is written, the new thing takes precedence. Not that God will change what he's said, but it's entirely possible that he could correct false interpretations and restore lost doctrines..."]

***You do err NOT knowing the Scriptures NOR believing them. The Scriptures ARE the ULTIMATE source because God INSPIRED them: "All scripture is given by INSPIRATION [i.e., Divine influence] of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for INSTRUCTION in RIGHTEOUSNESS; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" [2 Timothy 3:16]...and since God INSPIRED them they are "God-breathed"...they ARE His WORDS.

Therefore God CANNOT nor DOES NOT say ANYTHING that contradicts what is written...nor does He say anything "new" for He "changes" NOT...to wit: "They shall perish; but you remain; and they all shall wax old as does a garment; And as a vesture shall you fold them up, and they shall be changed: but you are the SAME, and your YEARS SHALL NOT FAIL" [Hebrews 1:11,12]...and again, "Jesus Christ the SAME YESTERDAY, and TODAY, and FOREVER" [Hebrews 13:8]...and since God alone is the SAME forever and changes NOT and Jesus is the SAME forever and changes NOT...JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ALMIGHTY [for God ALONE changes NOT].

QUESTION: What "new thing" takes precedence over the scriptures?...please enlighten us.

Marchello

Are all translations inspired by God? All interpretations?

I'll give you 2 examples of God giving revelation to supersede old scripture.

1- Acts 11- By revelation Peter learns that some of the dietary requirements from the Old covenant have been rescinded.

Do you eat ham? Bacon? Shrimp?

2 - Jeremiah 36:27-32

quote:
27 ¶ Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, after that the king had burned the roll, and the words which Baruch wrote at the mouth of Jeremiah, saying,
28 Take thee again another roll, and write in it all the former words that were in the first roll, which Jehoiakim the king of Judah hath burned.
29 And thou shalt say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast burned this roll, saying, Why hast thou written therein, saying, The king of Babylon shall certainly come and destroy this land, and shall cause to cease from thence man and beast?
30 Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.
31 And I will punish him and his seed and his servants for their iniquity; and I will bring upon them, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and upon the men of Judah, all the evil that I have pronounced against them; but they hearkened not.
32 ¶ Then took Jeremiah another roll, and gave it to Baruch the scribe, the son of Neriah; who wrote therein from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire: and there were added besides unto them many like words.

Jeremiah added to his previous writings. The new scroll superseded the first.

-edit-

PS - You are the one "err(ing) not knowing the scriptures". The verse you referred to in Timothy does NOT make a blanket statement about the Bible (which had not yet been compiled as we have it today), but was rather Paul giving a definition of what scripture was. A scripture IS good for all the things Paul said. And I do believe that the Bible (As it came from the pens of the original writers) falls into that category. However, There is NOTHING in the Bible to say that it is the ONLY scripture. Study a little before you try to reprove someone.

Last edited by docb77 on Oct 9th, 2006 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:02 AM
docb77 is currently offline Click here to Send docb77 a Private Message Find more posts by docb77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote