KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What does it take to go to hell?

What does it take to go to hell?
Started by: XxoooxX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Are you part of God's army too?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:57 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
Are you part of God's army too?

God dose not need an army. I am on my own crusade.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:58 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

:lame:

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:05 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

:lame:

Allegedly

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:15 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God dose not need an army. I am on my own crusade.

He still has one.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:16 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No. It really is this time.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:16 AM
Marchello
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What does it take to go to hell?

*["Actually I think it's a misinterpretation.

Jesus own words: 'He who has ears to hear, let him hear.'

Obviously not everyone would get what He was talking about (In this case the parables). But people who paid attention and thought it through would eventually get it. In other words, people who actually listen and don't just assume."]

***Not so. Many people, particularly Jews [2 Corinthians 3:14-15], did not accept the Gospel. To them it was "veiled" [Romans 11:25]. But Paul would not change it to make it more palatable, as his opponents had done [2 Corinthians 11:4]. The Gospel was rejected by people who were unable and unwilling to accept it [cf. 1 Corinthians 1:18;2:14]. They disbelieved and were abetted in their unbelief by Satan, "the god of this age" [cf. Ephesians 2:2] who, though defeated by Christ [Hebrews 2:14], continues his hold over the present world [1 Peter 5:8;1 John 5:19]. His blinding of peoples' "minds" makes it IMPOSSIBLE for them to "see the light of the Gospel."

The Gospel, then, is NOT obscure. In fact, it points to Christ who, as "the image of God" [cf. Colossians 1:15], revealed God the Father by His words and actions [John 1:18;14:9].

The reason Paul served the church and openly proclaimed the Gospel was because of God's work in his life. Much as in creating the world God acted to bring "light...out of darkness" [Genesis 1:2-4], so in SPIRITUAL CREATION He brings "light" to the "hearts" of those in darkness [Luke 1:78-79;Acts 26:18]. This had been Paul's experience on the Damascus Road, when "a light from heaven flashed around him" [Acts 9:3]. Confronted with the risen Lord, he became a "new creation" [2 Corinthians 5:17]. "The light" in believers' lives is "the knowledge of" God's SALVATION, a glory issuing from and seen "in the face of Christ" and reflected by Paul [2 Corinthians 3:18]. When people are in darkness of SIN, they have NO KNOWLEDGE of God...no experience of His LIFE and SALVATION [Ephesians 4:18]. [John F. Walvoord]

Marchello

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:46 AM
Marchello is currently offline Click here to Send Marchello a Private Message Find more posts by Marchello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What does it take to go to hell?

Originally posted by Marchello
*["Actually I think it's a misinterpretation.

Jesus own words: 'He who has ears to hear, let him hear.'

Obviously not everyone would get what He was talking about (In this case the parables). But people who paid attention and thought it through would eventually get it. In other words, people who actually listen and don't just assume."]

***Not so. Many people, particularly Jews [2 Corinthians 3:14-15], did not accept the Gospel. To them it was "veiled" [Romans 11:25]. But Paul would not change it to make it more palatable, as his opponents had done [2 Corinthians 11:4]. The Gospel was rejected by people who were unable and unwilling to accept it [cf. 1 Corinthians 1:18;2:14]. They disbelieved and were abetted in their unbelief by Satan, "the god of this age" [cf. Ephesians 2:2] who, though defeated by Christ [Hebrews 2:14], continues his hold over the present world [1 Peter 5:8;1 John 5:19]. His blinding of peoples' "minds" makes it IMPOSSIBLE for them to "see the light of the Gospel."

The Gospel, then, is NOT obscure. In fact, it points to Christ who, as "the image of God" [cf. Colossians 1:15], revealed God the Father by His words and actions [John 1:18;14:9].

The reason Paul served the church and openly proclaimed the Gospel was because of God's work in his life. Much as in creating the world God acted to bring "light...out of darkness" [Genesis 1:2-4], so in SPIRITUAL CREATION He brings "light" to the "hearts" of those in darkness [Luke 1:78-79;Acts 26:18]. This had been Paul's experience on the Damascus Road, when "a light from heaven flashed around him" [Acts 9:3]. Confronted with the risen Lord, he became a "new creation" [2 Corinthians 5:17]. "The light" in believers' lives is "the knowledge of" God's SALVATION, a glory issuing from and seen "in the face of Christ" and reflected by Paul [2 Corinthians 3:18]. When people are in darkness of SIN, they have NO KNOWLEDGE of God...no experience of His LIFE and SALVATION [Ephesians 4:18]. [John F. Walvoord]

Marchello

If you say that other people are blind to the truth, then you are saying that you are not blind. Pride comes before the fall.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:49 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Can we ban people for posting to no-one?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:49 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Can we ban people for posting to no-one?

What are you talking about? confused

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:51 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Marchello.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:56 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Marchello.

In that case, it would me a good thing.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:59 AM
Marchello
Restricted

Account Restricted

*["So JHY, did Ghandi go to Heaven? Did Confuscious?"]

***If they did not repent of their sins...ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive them and accept Him as their Lord, Saviour and God...they are LOST...irrevocably LOST and have PERISHED in Hell. The SAME fate awaits ALL of mankind who rejects God's ONLY PROVISION for SALVATION. Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God.

Marchello

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:07 AM
Marchello is currently offline Click here to Send Marchello a Private Message Find more posts by Marchello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

***If they did not repent of their sins...ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive them and accept Him as their Lord, Saviour and God...they are LOST...irrevocably LOST and have PERISHED in Hell. The SAME fate awaits ALL of mankind who rejects God's ONLY PROVISION for SALVATION. Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God.

Marchello

You have been lies too.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:15 AM
Marchello
Restricted

Account Restricted

*["I knocked a guy out in a kickboxing match, and I felt great about it, so I'm going to hell for pride. devil
I'll get use to it, like a hot-tub."]

***Nah....your braggadocio is fooling no one. The fact of the matter is that a braggart like you will be the FIRST one to scream. BTW, you'll have NO FRIENDS there...and those with you will be screaming "in concert" with you...FOREVER.

Marchello

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 07:21 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

*["I knocked a guy out in a kickboxing match, and I felt great about it, so I'm going to hell for pride. devil
I'll get use to it, like a hot-tub."]

***Nah....your braggadocio is fooling no one. The fact of the matter is that a braggart like you will be the FIRST one to scream. BTW, you'll have NO FRIENDS there...and those with you will be screaming "in concert" with you...FOREVER.

Marchello

eek! What are you talking about?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 07:29 PM
RocasAtoll

Marchello

Shut up. no expression

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 07:46 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Shut up. no expression

First I would like for him to explain his demented dreams.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 07:50 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Are you from hell, because you seem to have a good idea of what its like.

Oh and btw...you're going to hell.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:00 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Marchello
and repentant axe murders all go to heaven right? You have been lied to. Brain washed for sure.

First of all hell does not exist,
2nd Jesus was voted the savior,
3rd People take the words of Jesus and twist them.

Jesus never said believe in me and I will save you from a burning torment.

And Moses NEVER EVER mentioned hell.........WHY?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:44 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote