KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda(at his peak) VS Darth Revan

Yoda(at his peak) VS Darth Revan
Started by: Darth Itachi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Darth Revan is a better swordsman than Yoda? What the heck...you guys need to wake up. Have y'all even played KOTOR? Revan's moves suck...Ray Charels could see that. And I don't understand where your getting... "Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever." Yeah he decided the fate of the galaxy...so did Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi. And OoOo he tried to take over the Republic. If Revan were truly smart with military tactics he would have made this giant fleet with the Star Forge that could take the Republic no problem. Yoda would chop this guy to little bits...

Try Wikipedia. Granted it's not always right but it specifically says about Darth Revan and I quote "Thought by many to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time"

Revan's moves suck huh? Well it was enough to defeat everyone he ever faced including the strongest mandalorian, the strongest Echani, hundreds of mandalorians, hundreds of Jedi, hundreds of dark Jedi, and two Sith lords, one of them strong enough to control the Star Forge and his old apprentice.

As for your "he's stupid because he didn't make a giant fleet to destroy the Republic." We're talking about one of the greastest (if not the greatest) tactician ever. Did you even finish KOTOR? Did you see the ending where there were hundreds of Capital Ships coming out of the Star Forge with Bastila saying the Republic fleet is decimated and the core worlds are defenseless against us? Do you even know why he left? Because there was a much greater threat on the way, he went into the Unknown Regions to singlehandedly destroy the ancient Sith Empire.
As for Yoda, granted he's powerful but he didn't even defeat Sidious. Lord Revan has Force lightning too, and I'd bet just about anything it's stronger than Sidious' was.

Knowledge wise? Yoda learned probably everything in the Jedi temple and about everything in the light side, maybe even a little something on the dark side. Lord Revan had a lust for knowledge, plundering not only the Jedi temple and the Valley of the Dark Lords with the four very powerful Sith Lord's tombs, but an entire PLANET sized Sith storehouse of knowledge. He learned dozens of techniques to kill or turn light side Jedi or even dark jedi. Yoda had 900 years but how often did he leave the Jedi temple in that millenia of peace?

Will power? Lord Revan easily. The only one ever to resist the powers of Malachor V, which even Kreia could not and she could kill three council level Jedi with at the same time with one use of the Force. Revan was also one of two that could control the Star Forge and Revan could do it much better. Hundreds of others died trying because they failed and were consumed.

Experience? Revan fought as the lead guy in two different wars spanning 7 years, whichever side he was on started winning. What else do you need? The guy's superior to most everyone in about every category.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I agree he is superior to most everyone. But personally I think the following people could take him.
Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and NJO Luke.
But keep in mind Yoda would have to bust out the ultimate lightside trick, Mace would have to surprise him with Vaapad, and Obi-Wan and Luke would ninja win it.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Well, IMO he just couldn't have gotten stronger because he excelled in everything that could increase your power. Maybe if he had Anakin's potential, but his was already enormously high.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 03:49 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

in those 800 years how many people did yoda fight before the clone wars, how bout none. that being said he did get about 2 years worth of combat experience during the clone wars, now consider that revan had 8 years of COMBAT experience that he knew more than any force user ever about the force and lightsaber combat and he spent his 8 years of war refining it to perfection, not only that but the only jedi yoda ever fought were dooku and sidious one he owned one who fought him to a draw,(more or less i still like to think the green dude won) and they were less than half as powerful as Revan, malak could probably take them both. But revan fought and killed countless jedi and sith most of them would make most of the jedi order except maybe windu, Rots anakin,obi and yoda look like younglings compared to them, kreia could kill 3 jedi masters more powerful than obi and mace with one lift of her hand and revan passed her in all matters completely and utterly. Everything yoda could do with the force could be done be even the crappiest apprentces during revans time except maybe absorbing force lightning but the master probably could. For lightsaber techniques forget it revan mastered all 7 forms, and threw in what he learned from combat and from people like sadow,ragnos, hord (the greatest swordsman ever) and ajunta pall. Yoda had form 4 form 1 and a strong connection to the force that's as far as he got. so Revan has superior knowledge of the force better saber skills 4 times as much combat experience, more accomplishments more experience against other force users and the ability to predict his enemies movements with the force how pray tell does yoda be that much better then him? please if somehow this has no bearing on revan being better then him enlighten me, if not please stop being such a lightside fanboy.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Okay congratulations you truly know nothing about Revan, He mastered and I mean mastered forms 1-7 as well as dun moch and whatever he learned from tulak horde and the rest, what you see in the game is him with his memories of all I previously mentioned destroyed and he was still able to kick malaks ass on the star forge twice over.

He mastered all seven forms ? No way. It took people like Dooku (who is estimated one of the most powerful Jedi the temple had trained in the last centuries) 50 years mastering form II. Learning something is not "mastering" it.

Not that it would even matter. Yoda (according to "Shadowhunter") could avoid getting hit by 3 Jedi Masters trying to hit him with lightsabers without even having a lightsaber in hand. Do you realy think Revan is that fast ?
Yoda doesn't use his lightsaber to defend himself. When he uses it, then with the intention to kill or hurt somebody.

quote:

Then he regained all his memories which combined with what he learned from KOTOR makes him pretty damn powerful. Also he didn't want to conquer the republic genius he wanted to unite it against the sith empire, he purposley didn't destroy planets critical to both the republics economy and military, in fact he had HK assasinate anyone who could potentially de-stabilize the republic. Even when he became a dark lord of the sith again he said screw it and chose to go fight the sith empire. Yoda is one of if not my most favorite movie characters but if you look at Revan's true power he'd carve him up like a christmas turkey...

How should Revan do that ?
With the force ? He has no chance against Yodas force defence.
With a lightsaber ? Yoda will kill him.

See...that whole thing is not about tactical skills. It would be lightsaber fighting and you can ask yourself if 800 years of training (even within the temple vs guys like Mace, Obi-Wan and Dooku) can be matched by 30-40 years of training (although these include a lot of "real" combat). I don't think so.

Can a 30 year old professional boxer that went through hundrets of fights (sparring) kick the ass of a 60 year old Shaolin master (that never had "real" fighting only training in a Shaolin monastery) ?
I don't think so...

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthMandalore
Mandalorian Sith Lord

Originally posted by Nai Fohl

See...that whole thing is not about tactical skills. It would be lightsaber fighting and you can ask yourself if 800 years of training (even within the temple vs guys like Mace, Obi-Wan and Dooku) can be matched by 30-40 years of training (although these include a lot of "real" combat). I don't think so.

The closest thing to war that Yoda saw was in episode III. It would be like studying "Guitars for dummies." or any other book like that. No matter how much you read it and study it, you may never learn to play the guitar. Revan got out there and "Read the book a couple times then played the guitar" so to speak. What i'm saying is that Yoda was constantly studying and teaching and such. Revan was studying and putting what he learned to good use.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:43 PM
Click here to Send DarthMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by DarthMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

You're joking right, Revan's lightsaber technique was miles ahead of yoda, maybe he didn't master them all but he sure as hell came close, and yoda being faster is completley irrelevant, the reason he was able to do that is because he could forsee the masters attacks through the force, like revan but revan could do it MUCH better, as for froce defense, what do we really see yoda do, absorb some lightning and block some objects thrown by crappy sub-par sith lords, Revan's force knowledge was much greater then yoda, as said kreia could kill 3 jedi with one raise of her hand and revan was much more powerful then she was. Revan not only knew and learned over twice as much as almost every other jedi but he also practised it in real combat.

I have a question for you if there was an SAS commando with much better training more natural skill and greater knowledge of weapons and tactics who'd fought countless campaigns and won every time and perfected his skills through combat but had only 8 years of training against a 60 year old who'd spent his entire life training but never fought a real war? The one with 8 years would take him down in seconds.

Revan learned much more of the force and lightsaber combat than yoda ever did and he perfected it and used it in combat against more powerful opponents. The opponents during revans time namely malak and vrook had just as much force defense, but still Yoda had no where near as much experience against force using opponents, he wouldn't be prepared for what revan could throw at him as it was knowledge given to him by ancient sith most of which could whipe the floor with yoda. Revan would brake yoda's force defenses as kreai said, "there are some techniques within the force for which there are no defence". As for lightsaber combat Revan had fought jedi and sith for nearly a decade he'd learned every form as well as secrets from the ancient sith and refined them through combat, so chances are he mastered most of those forms, it's not a matter of time for mastering combat it's a matter of experience in real combat. So To save you time from reading this uber long post, Revan would brake yoda's force defense and he had much more knowledge of lightsaber combat knowledge that he perfected during battle against thousands of force wielding opponents, knowledge that he'd turned in to skills and eventually mastery of almost all know lightsaber forms, his combat experience taught him which style is good for which situations and how to blend them for best results, using his extensive knowledge of saber combat he would quickly find a flaw in yoda's style then ruthelessly exploit it.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

Ok, thats your point of view Frobo.....you have certainly worked a lot with this post, so i won't critizise you too much, even though i don't agree.
I won't bore you with another neverending post, just mentioning reasons already said.
But personally I think Yoda could pull this off, speed is not irrelevant.
Besides, did Revan master Vaapad....i thought it wasn't discovered at that time....

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:02 PM
Click here to Send sasee tiin a Private Message Find more posts by sasee tiin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord. Kadaj
Shinigami

Revan sure hes incredibly powerful but i reckon if yoda was at his peak he would beat him...

Here’s to my love! O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord. Kadaj a Private Message Find more posts by Lord. Kadaj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Originally posted by Nai Fohl
He mastered all seven forms ? No way. It took people like Dooku (who is estimated one of the most powerful Jedi the temple had trained in the last centuries) 50 years mastering form II. Learning something is not "mastering" it.

Not that it would even matter. Yoda (according to "Shadowhunter") could avoid getting hit by 3 Jedi Masters trying to hit him with lightsabers without even having a lightsaber in hand. Do you realy think Revan is that fast ?
Yoda doesn't use his lightsaber to defend himself. When he uses it, then with the intention to kill or hurt somebody.

How should Revan do that ?
With the force ? He has no chance against Yodas force defence.
With a lightsaber ? Yoda will kill him.

Can a 30 year old professional boxer that went through hundrets of fights (sparring) kick the ass of a 60 year old Shaolin master (that never had "real" fighting only training in a Shaolin monastery) ?
I don't think so...

I agree with this point.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpsmith5

Yoda vs. Revan

Just out of curiousity why haven't you guys included Darth Plagueis because according to Rick McCallum and George Lucas Plagueis the Wise was the most powerful force user the galaxy had ever witnessed. As you will all see in the Star Wars Novel Dark Lord of the Galaxy by Rick McCallum.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send jpsmith5 a Private Message Find more posts by jpsmith5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

um buddy, I know you are new and all (by the way, welcome), but this is a Yoda vs Revan duel, not a who should be fighting thread. If you want to create a thread with Plagueis, go right ahead. Just please don't add in things that have no bearing on what is being debated. Also, not calling you a lier, but where did you hear about the book, and when is it coming out?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

about why we haven't included him in any threads, that is because we do not know enough about his combat skills, a few sentences from Sidious about him being powerful does not tell us about lightsaber skills, force skills etc.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

I actually think Yoda might win. They are both powerful, but I just have to go with Yoda because that's what my gut tells me.

Also, welcome, jpsmith5. You should make a post about Plagueis if you like him. It's nice to meet you, by the way.

Nos vemos.

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Okay congratulations you truly know nothing about Revan, He mastered and I mean mastered forms 1-7 as well as dun moch and whatever he learned from tulak horde and the rest, what you see in the game is him with his memories of all I previously mentioned destroyed and he was still able to kick malaks ass on the star forge twice over. Then he regained all his memories which combined with what he learned from KOTOR makes him pretty damn powerful. Also he didn't want to conquer the republic genius he wanted to unite it against the sith empire, he purposley didn't destroy planets critical to both the republics economy and military, in fact he had HK assasinate anyone who could potentially de-stabilize the republic. Even when he became a dark lord of the sith again he said screw it and chose to go fight the sith empire. Yoda is one of if not my most favorite movie characters but if you look at Revan's true power he'd carve him up like a christmas turkey...

how could he have mastered form 7 if it was created by mace windu, who wasnt even thought of back then?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

weiner head. stick out tongue

Attachment: sw%20darth%20maul%20statue.jpg
This has been downloaded 58 time(s).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Viktar

Good point.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Viktar a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Viktar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

frobo i like you still, dont take alf personally, he spits off at the mouth sumtimes....i have to keep him in check. Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:50 AM
Fishy

Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
how could he have mastered form 7 if it was created by mace windu, who wasnt even thought of back then?

Vaapad was Juyo wasn't... He could have learned form VII

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:03 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Like Fishy said, Form 7 was around. He could've (probably) learned Juyo but not Vaapad but that would be a useless form for him anyway since he's already dark side. Look at how Revan holds his lightsaber on the ship before Malak attacks, he also waits for the three Jedi to come to him. I haven't seen that before, maybe he created his own style.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:37 PM