KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Proof of Darth Revan's abilities?

Proof of Darth Revan's abilities?
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
God knows every thing. OHHHH GOT YOU THERE!

God isn't a person, he is God. OHHHH GOT YOU THERE!

Well, forget that, you win, Jesus became a man and I believe he still knew everything.

Last edited by Darth_Glentract on Jun 21st, 2005 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Right now I can prove that he cannot do all Force powers...

He doesn't know how to make black holes (NJO Luke Skywalker)...if he did he could have used it to destroy the Star Forge.

He doesn't know how to move planets (Naga Sadow)...if he could he would have done it to the Star Forge with that star.

He doesn't know how to do battle meditation (Bastila, Exile, and Luke Skywalker)...he would have used it throughout the Mandilorian Wars.

He doesn't know how to alter gravity (NJO Luke Skywalker & Jacen Solo)...if he did he could have saved the Ebon Hawk as it crashed on the unknown planet.

And about the lightsaber forms...Darth Revan fans have still failed to prove this...

He didn't necessarly want to destroy the Star Forge at that time.

See above.

It never says he didn't use battle meditation during the Mandalorian Wars

He didn't no that they were going to crash. Luke could have kept himself ffrom crashing several times, but he didn't. Revan may have wanted to crash.

You haven't proved he hasn't learned all of the lightsaber forms. I will say, yes, he hasn't learned all of the lightsaber forms, or at least I don't think he has, but it has not been proven otherwise.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

He doesn't know how to make black holes (NJO Luke Skywalker)...if he did he could have used it to destroy the Star Forge.

He doesn't know how to move planets (Naga Sadow)...if he could he would have done it to the Star Forge with that star.

He doesn't know how to do battle meditation (Bastila, Exile, and Luke Skywalker)...he would have used it throughout the Mandilorian Wars.

He doesn't know how to alter gravity (NJO Luke Skywalker & Jacen Solo)...if he did he could have saved the Ebon Hawk as it crashed on the unknown planet.

And about the lightsaber forms...Darth Revan fans have still failed to prove this...

Do you even read posts that aren't yours? You think Marka is stronger than Revan but Revan has done 100 times more than Marka in every category. The only "proof" of Ragnos abilities is when he lost pathetically to Jaden.

As for your 'proof',

1. Why would he want to destroy the Star Forge when it supplies him with an infinite fleet?

2. See number one.

3. Does he need it? Once he joined a side they started winning.

4. He probably wanted to talk with Bastila.

Obviously he doesn't know every Force power but quite a few.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Yeah he didn't want to destroy the Star Forge thats why he let the Republic's fleet capital ships blow it up...

Revan doesn't know all Force powers or lightsaber forms. The thread has proved it...I'm done.

And about Luke Skywalker thing..."He doesn't have a commanding presence." He was the the most respected Jedi by the New Republic. And if you want proof...go and read the "New Jedi Order" series. Or I could just give a lame excuse like all you Darth Revan fans have....

Maybe he didn't want all that commanding presence.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REVAN DARKSIDE
NO FATE

Yeah he didn't want to destroy the Star Forge thats why he let the Republic's fleet capital ships blow it up...

Revan doesn't know all Force powers or lightsaber forms. The thread has proved it...I'm done.

And about Luke Skywalker thing..."He doesn't have a commanding presence." He was the the most respected Jedi by the New Republic. And if you want proof...go and read the "New Jedi Order" series. Or I could just give a lame excuse like all you Darth Revan fans have....

Maybe he didn't want all that commanding presence.

The Star forge is only destoryed in one ending so your point is stupid. Revan became the Dark lord again and so destoryed the reble fleet and ruled the galaxy as far as im aware

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:52 PM
Click here to Send REVAN DARKSIDE a Private Message Find more posts by REVAN DARKSIDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Black hole I agree at least we havn't seen it

He did know battle meditation just not as well as Bastila who is a natural for it and can do it better then pretty much anybody else. Besides motivating your troops by the force is one thing, but he needed to do more. He needed to lead the army's and he could motivate them in other ways. When a living legend is leading your troops you are motivated to fight. Battle meditation would have no advantage for him.

Do you know he can't because he never used it? Again I ask whats the use of it? Revan never once wanted to destroy an entire planet he wanted them kept in one piece becuase he coudl use them. He wasn't one that would destroy a planet, and he sure as hell wouldn't destroy the star forge like that. First of all he needed to make sure Malak was dead (if your LS) and more importantly if your DS he needed to make sure Malak is dead and he needed to keep the Star Forge. Besides DS is the real ending according to Bioware and Obsidian

Gravity, well you have a point there he could have used it but to what purpose? Even if he could control gravity it would just prevent him from crash landing but not from being brought down so he still needed to go that planet. Not to mention that by that time Revan didn't regain his memory and didn't know even close to as much as he knew before.

The lightsaber forms you are right. But it only stands to reason he knew them all, not mastered them. Mastering them is bullshit but Revan from all we know about him and all we have seen in his fighting has created his own form.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

Originally posted by Fishy

Do you know he can't because he never used it? Again I ask whats the use of it? Revan never once wanted to destroy an entire planet he wanted them kept in one piece becuase he coudl use them. He wasn't one that would destroy a planet, and he sure as hell wouldn't destroy the star forge like that. First of all he needed to make sure Malak was dead (if your LS) and more importantly if your DS he needed to make sure Malak is dead and he needed to keep the Star Forge. Besides DS is the real ending according to Bioware and Obsidian

Could you please point me to where Obsidian and Bioware declare that Revan turned DS again? Because KOTOR 2 does not say that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REVAN DARKSIDE
NO FATE

Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Could you please point me to where Obsidian and Bioware declare that Revan turned DS again? Because KOTOR 2 does not say that.

Its up to you to say whether he did or not by your answers in KOTOR2 when you meet the bloke at Per when he's locked up.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send REVAN DARKSIDE a Private Message Find more posts by REVAN DARKSIDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

Darth Revan in kotor didn't have any of his previous knowledge so so much for saving the ebon hawk. He knew battle meditation just not on the scale bastila could use it, you could say that a minor part of him being such a great tactician is that he could use a little bit of battle meditation, as for moving a planet what good would that have done for him and again in KOTOR he has less then half his power and like 100th of his force knowledge, so he naturally couldn't do these things.

He had literally all the knowledge the darkside of the force had to offer as well as all the knowledge of the jedi archives at the time. Including what, ragnos,sadow,hord,pall,nadd knew plus what he learned from kreia, zhar all of korriban and all of malachor v plus the jedi archive on dantooine.

He didn't master ALL the forms per say instead he took the strengths of everything he learned and made his own amazingly powerful and practically flawless form, now add his battle pre-cog and the crap load of force knowledge he has and then you'll realize how powerful he really is, He could control a sun to do his bidding enough said.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

I agree Revan is amazing, but Frobo, he did not have all the knowledge of the dark side, Sadow's notes were on Yavin IV, with Exar, Revan never saw them, also, it is physically impossible to master everything from all those with lords, they spent their life learning that, he cannot learn it in 5 years. And, battle pre-cgo can be beaten, as shown when Revan could not foretell Malak's betrayal. And, how do you know he created his own form, just because he can wave a lightsaber in a way we have never seen, doesn't mean it is new, for all we know it could be form VI, flashy and all. Also, I don't think he could do battle meditation, I'm pretty sure it says in KotOR that that was one power he never learned

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Well maybe he didn't learn it, but again even if he did what would the purpose be? Battle meditation takes time you have to concentrate and unless you have a gift its not going to do as much. Revan had more important things to focus on then battle meditation.

And of course he hasn't learned everything, he has learned a lot though and everything he could at that time. And he could have been to Yavin IV... He's been at a space station next to the planet, don't you think that when hearing so much about that planet in his life and the power there that he would go?

Of course battle pre cog can be beaten, but at the time that Revan was shot down he faced several Jedi. You do not focus on your allies when you are fighting enemies the thing has its flaws but somebody who is a master in it, could theoraticly not be beaten by anybody of the same power. Somebody has to have a lot more power to. No Jedi could have beaten that Echani at that time, and still Revan did it. Putitng him higher then other Jedi of that time.

His gift definitly helped in that fight.

And the form is a wild guess at best, but a guess that would seem to make sense you have to agree with that.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

ok I agree with most of what you said, however I do think that other jedi could have defeated Yusanis, the force would help a lot with that

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Of course it would, but a huge advantage of the Jedi is that they can see attacks coming right? Wel Yusanis could do that almost into perfection probably better then most Jedi, that they can move incredibly fast and are agile thats what Echani are trained for. Then you have force attacks but Cortosis can probably block that like a lightsaber and they use Cortosis blades not to mention that a real Jedi wouldn't use the force to attack. But thats not really a good argument because Revan was using the Dark Side.

Also you have to remember that Jedi said it was a great achievement, they wouldn't say so unless it actually was.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:53 PM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

jedi said it was a great achievement? and the jedi do sortof use the force to attack/defend at the same time, force push anyone?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:55 PM
Fishy

Well okay but still they thought it was something impressive. So it probably was.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:58 PM
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Revan is too cool 4 skool!

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

^ thanks for bringing such knowledge and excellent points to these forums

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:43 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

did revan no the force power Morichro

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

this is absurd

i dont know where you heard that plageus but its totally false. im a so called revan "fan boy" and i never say things about him that arent stated or shown in KOTOR or KOTOR II. revan is not god, he didnt know everything there is to know about the force. as im sure NJO Luke or Yoda didnt either. The Force has far too many secrets to reveal for one person to know everything. Yoda lived for 900 years and even he said the Force has many secrets yet to be learned. Revan didnt know everything about the Force or Lightsaber forms, but he knew a hell of a lot more than any Jedi a the time did. And if you play KOTOR II, everyone who knew Revan cant shut up about how great his power was. And just look at what he did. He became a master with both light side and dark side of the Force, led many Jedi and Republic soldiers, not only to follow him against the Mandalorians, but also to abandon what they were fighting for and follow him against those they once fought beside. Even Sidious, who every says "OMG HES THE BEST MANIPULATOR EVA!!!!", couldnt do that. Revan also defeated one of the best force users at the time, destroyed the Star Forge, and went to fight the true Sith. And the great thing about Revan was, not only was he powerful and wise, but he knew what every great man should know, that he didnt know everything. Revan never stopped trying to learn new things about the force. So yes he didnt know everything about the force, and he didnt know every lightsaber form, but he knew a lot more than any Jedi or Sith I can think of. Thats why everyone thinks so highly of him and why he has so many "fan boys".

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

During Darth Revan's reign of the galaxy...he only used Force powers that were known to Jedi/Sith since the discover of the Force. Luke on the other hand discovered new abilities and didn't even fight that much as Revan did. So no Revan is not the most powerful. Even during Luke's teachings when he was informing his students of great Jedi from the past...he never mentioned one word of Darth Revan...and he had holocrons dating back to Darth Revan's era. And don't give me "Luke was trying to hide things that the Sith did." He taught his students of Exar Kun...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote