KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Who is the best Jedi Knight?
This poll is closed.
Luke Skywalker 13 61.90%
Serra Keto 8 38.10%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fishy

And there you have it two lightsabers... Luke has enough problems with one.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

I found a flaw with Form X, the form Serra Keto uses. When a person uses Form X...one lightsaber is used for defense and the other is used for attack. Now with that said lets go to Luke's form...Form V, which involves wide swings and brute force to overcome the opponent. Now Serra Keto having only one blade trying to block an attack with that much power its going to be harder to hold the lightsaber. Luke could with his form penetrate her defenses.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Or he would lose when she blocks his attacks and kills him with her other lightsaber.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I voted for Luke at first, but after reading all of these arguements I might have to change my answer. The fact that Serra had more experience as a jedi is used often and the fact that Luke beat the man who beat Serra also comes into play. I just wanted to say that we never "really" see Luke actually train in lightsaber combat. He basically in the movies shown the ways of the force. He does train with those little spheres on the millenium falcon but I can't see him beating Serra with "form x" when he's ESB Luke. Probably ROTJ Luke would win out in the end. It's tough.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyler Secura
Bonjour la beau

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
I found a flaw with Form X, the form Serra Keto uses. When a person uses Form X...one lightsaber is used for defense and the other is used for attack. Now with that said lets go to Luke's form...Form V, which involves wide swings and brute force to overcome the opponent. Now Serra Keto having only one blade trying to block an attack with that much power its going to be harder to hold the lightsaber. Luke could with his form penetrate her defenses.

lol You just found that out...? wow...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Tyler Secura a Private Message Find more posts by Tyler Secura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

^ We know now which person brings the best arguments. To answer your question no I didn't just find that out...If you read the first post I posted you would realize that.

Last edited by Darth Plagues on Jul 5th, 2005 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Luke is still not able to do very much. He might do good against a crippled man, but after fighting Vader , who was almost stationary, he would fight someone who would be moving around and not just taking blows but probably trying to dodge them and going after him when he swings sine his form is brute strength while Serra's form has a certain finesse to it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Actually here is why Luke defeated Vader...He was his son, which Vader felt strongly for, so he didn't go full throttle in their duels. Luke felt strongly for Vader too...Now that we got that cleared up.

Luke wouldn't fight like he did in the movies, because he has no feelings for Serra Keto and Serra Keto has no feelings for Luke Skywalker, so they would fight as strong as full as the trhottle would let them.

Form V vs. Form X...both have their advantages, but the power Luke has behind his swings wold give him the advatage.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 06:41 PM
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

no you cant say that

i mean if you have luke vs vader you should go into how the skill level and force powers are not how they felt for each other. i mean true they held back in the movies, but we're not talking about that, we're saying who would win in a battle with no ties what so ever. i mean if luke did fight sera, they wouldnt go all out, theyre both lightside jeedai, so they probably wouldnt even fight in the first place. with these versus threads you go by skill, force power, etc.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

I know that..someone above said Luke defeated Vader, because Vader was weak.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 07:08 PM
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes but you also said luke and sera would go all out against each other, but if youre going to go by how people would really react, they wouldnt even fight at all. two lightside jeedai have no reason to fight each other.

you could say that for a lot of versus threads so what you should do in versus threads is just forget that and pretend that each person is fighting all out no matter what

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tyler Secura
Did he ever get trained to defend against Form X? He will be hurtin...

Anakin never fought anybody with Form X before Asajj Ventress and look how that duel turned out...Anakin was the victor.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 11:31 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Anyone else think that GL may have had a point in having Luke take so much force lightning even and was still able to do stuff while Anakin in ep2 was out after only a second or two od Dooku's lightning. I think that this is showing Luke's power by now. Maybe he had Anakin go down so fast because it is a way to show how good Luke was without changing the movies. Just a thought, but Luke would beat Serra

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I say Luke. I don't know much about Serra but ROTJ Luke is much better than he's given credit for. He's a Jedi knight, has mastered telekinesis, blaster deflection, Force choke, the Jedi mind trick, he can read other's thoughts, and he defeated Darth Vader who's a Sith lord. He single handedly (basically) took down all of Jabba's henchmen which numbered at 50 guys or something, he killed a rancor without a weapon, and resisted the dark side even when tempted by the Emperor and his father.

And Glentract: I also noticed that. Luke took like 30 seconds of Force lightning from the EMPEROR, much stronger than Dooku's and Luke got up some 15 seconds later and dragged his father all the way to a shuttle. Anakin on the other hand only took about 4 seconds of DOOKU's lightning from one hand and couldn't move for a minute or two.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Last edited by Emperor Revan on Jul 8th, 2005 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Hmm did you see how Palpatine was giving it to Luke, one small shot talk one extra small shot talk, another small shot talk. Dooku threw his all into it and threw Anakin away at the same time, its bound to hurt more.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:24 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Anakin only took what, 5 seconds or less of Dooku's lightning (less powerful than the Emperor's) from one hand. The Emperor used both hands and while he did shock and talk, that final one lasted a good twenty seconds or more and Luke could even manage to talk throughout the pain. Notice how when Dooku shocked Anakin, he screamed and was flung across the room. Now when the Emperor first shocked Luke, he barely grunted, and almost kept his balance. Now, I don't think the Emperor was trying to fling Luke around but it's still more impressive.

Now look at when Anakin fell off of Zam's speeder when it was going pretty fast, in about 5 seconds afterwards he was fine and started running. I would imagine that would hurt even more than being thrown into the wall (just the throwing, if there was no lightning). So we can see that it's the lightning that causes Anakin so much pain and Luke can obviously resist it much better than Anakin.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Not really, Palpatine far from gave it his all when he was firing at Luke... It was pretty clear. If you looked at ROTS and then ROTJ and see the difference well lets just say its huge. He didn't put any effort into it at all.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 05:34 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

What's your effort meter? Their faces? It doesn't look like Dooku put any effort into his one handed blast either...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 06:11 PM
Darth Plagues

EMPEROR
If you will not be turned, you will be
destroyed.

Blinding bolts of energy, evil lightning, shoot from the
Emperor's hands at Luke. Even in his surprise, the young Jedi
tries to use the Force to deflect them. At first he is half
successful, but after a moment the bolts of energy are coming
with such speed and power the young Jedi shrinks before them, his
knees buckling. The wounded Vader struggles to his feet, and
moves to stand at his master's side.

EMPEROR
Young fool...only now, at the end, do you
understand.

Luke is almost unconscious beneath the continuing assault of the
Emperor's lightning. He clutches a canister to keep from falling
into the bottomless shaft as the bolts tear through him.

EMPEROR
Your feeble skills are no match for the power
of the dark side. You have paid the price for
your lack of vision.

Luke writhes on the floor in unbearable pain, reaching weakly up
toward where Vader stands watching.

LUKE (groans)
Father, please. Help me.

Again Vader stands, watching Luke. He looks at his master, the
Emperor, then back to Luke on the floor.

EMPEROR
Now, young Skywalker...you will die.

Although it would not have seemed possible, the outpouring of
bolts from the Emperor's fingers actually increases in intensity,
the sound screaming through the room. Luke's body writhes in
pain.

This is from the Return of the Jedi script and it shows that the Emperor was not just toying with Luke...He was trying to kill him.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:08 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

When I have an hour to waste in my life, I'll read all the posts before mine. But for now, since I have limited time, I would just like to point out that Serra demonstrated more Force control and battle hardiness in her small preview in the game than Luke did in the entire OT. Luke, despite some people loving him as a character so much they'd love to blow him IRL (And I have one person in particular in mind when I make that remark) the farm boy can't hack it. He can't, he won't, he never could. It's not like the overpowered, almighty NJO Luke was luke fifteen minutes after ROTJ. He was a mere child padawan with no real abilities to speak of at this point. Let it go. He loses.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote