KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator

Best movie
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Braveheart 25 36.23%
Gladiator 27 39.13%
Troy 13 18.84%
Felt equally about all of them 4 5.80%
Total: 69 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator
Started by: Stealth Agent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

AW SH#T F#CK F@CK!!!

I KNEW I MADE A MISTAKE!!!

I DIDN'T MEAN BLOODY NICHOLAS CAGE....I MEANT NICK CAVE!!!
THE SINGER & TALENTED WRITER, NICK CAVE.

I kept telling myself don't get them mixed up....groan

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 02:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Easily..., Gladiator. Troy and Braveheart are both good films as well though.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Braveheart all the way. The most feel good and patriotic film ever.
SCOTLAND!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:22 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Braveheart all the way. The most feel good and patriotic film ever.
SCOTLAND!!!!!!

I'm sure you know it's about 95% fictional. But yeah, dope flick.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 11:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Robtard
I'm sure you know it's about 95% fictional. But yeah, dope flick.

Uhhh no it isn't, the way it was told didn't exactly match history (the time was compressed) but all those battles did happen. I'm not sure about the love intrest with the queen? But I would say it's about 30% fictional.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 12:15 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Uhhh no it isn't, the way it was told didn't exactly match history (the time was compressed) but all those battles did happen. I'm not sure about the love intrest with the queen? But I would say it's about 30% fictional.

A 3 second google search of "how factual is braveheart" netted this, first link:

http://www.scottishhistory.com/arti...braveheart.html

"One of the most common questions I'm asked is how factual Mel Gibson's portrayal of William Wallace was in the 1995 film Braveheart. The short answer is that is hasn't an iota of fact in it. The long answer appears below."

There's more links too, if you feel that one is biased in some manner.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 30th, 2011 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 01:06 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Scots are also all wearing kilts (too early in history) and they're backwards. I remember once reading that bagpipes didn't belong in that time either, at least not in the manner the film depicts.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 01:54 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Robtard
A 3 second google search of "how factual is braveheart" netted this, first link:

http://www.scottishhistory.com/arti...braveheart.html

"One of the most common questions I'm asked is how factual Mel Gibson's portrayal of William Wallace was in the 1995 film Braveheart. The short answer is that is hasn't an iota of fact in it. The long answer appears below."

There's more links too, if you feel that one is biased in some manner.

This is true, but again, time was construded to tell a story and get the point accross. the battle at bannokburn didn't occur till someting like 10 years after wallace's death.
in the book at the battle of stirling the bridge was there. but in the movie for the first big battle it probably wouldn't of made it as grand. so that is why they changed it up.
the whole point is they told the story and people got the jist of it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2011 09:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

This is true, but again, time was construded to tell a story and get the point accross. the battle at bannokburn didn't occur till someting like 10 years after wallace's death.
in the book at the battle of stirling the bridge was there. but in the movie for the first big battle it probably wouldn't of made it as grand. so that is why they changed it up.
the whole point is they told the story and people got the jist of it.

The point is, the story we're shown has little to do with facts about William Wallace and Scotland fighting for independence.

It's basically all Hollywood fantasy, but as the guy said, a great film nonetheless.

Old Post May 3rd, 2011 09:35 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Historical accuracy should never be the deciding factor for cinematic quality.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 02:23 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Historical accuracy should never be the deciding factor for cinematic quality.
thumb up That's what documentaries are for.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 07:09 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DopamineDarling

Almost equally about them, but I'd go with Gladiator.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 10:09 AM
DopamineDarling is currently offline Click here to Send DopamineDarling a Private Message Find more posts by DopamineDarling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote