KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bandon vs. GG

Bandon vs. GG
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Somebody

Like I said. Owning is a very fluid term. By owning, you make it sound that in all forms of combat, Darth Bandon would win. He may or may not win in lightsaber combat. General Grievious's reflexes are far faster than Bandon's would ever become - and he is much much stronger. And then we have tactics. Grievious is an excellent military tactition.

I say the only way Bandon would walk out of this is through his use of the Force. Though I also agree that General Grievious was made out to be a badass and though he fights COOLER than most Jedi, Obi-Wan disarmed him far too easily for my liking.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Like I said. Owning is a very fluid term. By owning, you make it sound that in all forms of combat, Darth Bandon would win. He may or may not win in lightsaber combat. General Grievious's reflexes are far faster than Bandon's would ever become - and he is much much stronger. And then we have tactics. Grievious is an excellent military tactition.

I say the only way Bandon would walk out of this is through his use of the Force. Though I also agree that General Grievious was made out to be a badass and though he fights COOLER than most Jedi, Obi-Wan disarmed him far too easily for my liking.

Yes, GG was a tactician, but he was a tactician on a army scale, not one on one. Darth Bandon would just use the force to accelerate his reflexes. Strength doesn't matter. Bandon just needs the ability to think, which he does have.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 05:00 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Obi Wan did take him with ease, so how much faster would his reflexes have really been? If Obi Wan a good Jedi but far from a great fighter could defeat him so easily. Bandon was a great fighter. Yes he lost from Revan and Revan wasn't at his full strength but he was getting closer and he had advanced a lot and it was still Revan. Bandon knew this. He had a reason to think he would have stood a chance, he was so incredibly wrong but he had his reasons for it. He failed but he wasn't a weak Sith. He was pretty good. He would win from GG.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Kinda irritating. I wish Grievious was as powerful as they made him out to be. He did look cool though.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Bandon wins this, he was chosen to be the sith apprentice over thousands of others, meaning he was stronger than them. He also killed loads of jedi and had no problems. Sure so did GG, but Bandon did it during the age of war, the jedi at that tme were for the most part a lot stronger than the jedi in GG's time. Also, Emperor Revan, you said GG would be resistant to force push, I suggest you go watch RotS again, Obi force pushed him at least 50 feet back and 30 feet up, he only stopped because he smashed into a catwalk, well not really a catwalk, more like a sidewalk in the air, but whatever.

Anyway, I think Bandon can take this

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I think Bandon takes this one. Grievous killed about a dozen Jedi, some of which were pretty good. He fought Mace Windu and lived, and in Labyrinth of Evil, its said that even Dooku was hard-pressed in their sparring matches. But Bandon was a Sith Lord, chosen out of dozens, even hundreds, to join Malak at his side. He was definetely better than Maul, and probably approaching Tyranus in power. Not quite there, but not miserably far behind. Not to mention that if Obi Wan didn't hesitate to attack the good General with the Force, it would be second nature to a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I doubt Bandon was anywhere near Dooku. Dooku is probably about as good as Malak. Bandon is commonly underestimated though. They should make short video's on KOTOR-era people and make one on Bandon killing a Jedi or something.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

I go with Bandon.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I agree that Bandon was weaker than Dooku but he couldn't have been as far behind as you say. The game didn't make much of him, but Bandon must have been powerful in order to be chosen out of so many to be the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the Sith. And I highly, highly, doubt that Darth Tyranus can be as powerful as Malak. He could put up a good fight, but I think Malak would beat him. He was the second best duelist and force-user after Revan in his time. Of course, I think Dooku is one of the most powerful people of his time too, but probably the fourth or fifth after Yoda, Sidious, Mace, and if he can be counted, Anakin, and there were some extremely powerful force-users in Revans time. Darth Traya to name one.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Bandon has little chance IMO. In the novel, Mace says Obi is the best chance of any Jedi to beat G.G. He said Greivous quickly studied his opponent’s strategies and created ways to counter it. He also said that the General is more than a match for most Jedi. Greivous defeated 5 Jedi at once and killed many more. G.G. was around by the battle of Geonosis but he wasn’t known by the Jedi because all who had seen him were killed by him. He only fights those he considers worthy since few could withstand his attack. He hunts Jedi for sport. He survived a fight with Mace Windu and defeated Asajj Ventress and Durge.

Darth Bandon on the other hand, has learned in the Sith academy on Korriban but that’s hardly impressive since even the masters there were pathetically weak. So his other Sith training comes from less than a year under Darth Malak. In short, Bandon has considerably less training than any other known Sith lord to my knowledge. Now we know he killed many Jedi but we have no idea how many. The Jedi order didn’t have many Jedi to offer, they were recovering from the Exar Kun war, the Mandalorian war, the Jedi Civil war, Revan’s turning process, and the Great hunt. By the end of KOTOR barely a hundred Jedi are left. Many died in the planetary bombardment of Dantooine in which Bandon was already dead. So I think the many Jedi he has killed would only add up to 20 at the most, especially since he didn’t have much time to kill them. Legendary duelist? Hardly. All the Jedi he’d faced couldn’t compete with his power. That’s pretty common. Darth Maul, G.G., Count Dooku, Bastila, etc.

Next, it really doesn’t matter a whole lot (some, but not a lot) how many Jedi he’s killed. If it came down to that, Revan would be undoubtedly the strongest (to my knowledge anyway) and NJO Luke would be considerably weak with even Jango probably being higher. Another of the main reasons Bandon would lose is because G.G. is a great strategist and Bandon is extremely arrogant (like Anakin Skywalker) and lacks tactics. Bandon has the Force, but has little training and focuses much more on his skill with a lightsaber. Obviously being able to use the Force didn’t help the many Jedi G.G. has killed.

IMO, Bandon’s overrated, though don’t get me wrong, I think he is on par with Kit Fisto for example, but able to beat Grievous or Maul? No way.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Emperor Revan
In short, Bandon has considerably less training than any other known Sith lord to my knowledge.

What about Kyp Durron, Dark Lord of the Sith

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyp Durron in my opinon was not deserving of the tite Dark Lord.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Revan has a good point. In terms of mastery of the lightsaber, I doubt Bandon would defeat General Grievious. Grievious is a coward, but when he does fight, he fights with power and strength. The computers in his brain can analyze any lightsaber form. Obi-Wan did well, but given all this knowledge, Bandon would not own Grievious.

In lightsaber mastery, Bandon would lose. Grievious can fight with four lightsabers - his reflexes and physical strength are beyond Bandon's - and not to mention he can analyze all of Bandon's strategy - and create a counterstrategy.

The ONLY way Bandon would win is if he used his Force powers. It's not cheating - it's actually a very smart move - but one-on-one in a physical straight up duel - Bandon would be destroyed.

Otherwise, Bandon would win.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:00 AM
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good point.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:17 AM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Revan has a good point. In terms of mastery of the lightsaber, I doubt Bandon would defeat General Grievious. Grievious is a coward, but when he does fight, he fights with power and strength. The computers in his brain can analyze any lightsaber form. Obi-Wan did well, but given all this knowledge, Bandon would not own Grievious.

In lightsaber mastery, Bandon would lose. Grievious can fight with four lightsabers - his reflexes and physical strength are beyond Bandon's - and not to mention he can analyze all of Bandon's strategy - and create a counterstrategy.

The ONLY way Bandon would win is if he used his Force powers. It's not cheating - it's actually a very smart move - but one-on-one in a physical straight up duel - Bandon would be destroyed.

Otherwise, Bandon would win.

I agree, except I don't think Bandon has the Force strength or right powers needed to beat Grievous.

And to Glentract's statement on Kyp: Kyp according to that book has way more potential than even Luke. He was taught by Kun's spirit, and had become powerful, but no I wouldn't call him a Sith lord either. He was self-proclaimed and not worthy.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Bandon is overrated? Come on... you claim he can't beat a droid when you are missing a lot of important stuff.

Malak always wanted the most powerful to rule, therefor he woudl take the most powerful as his apprentice.

He had a lot of Jedi under him even ex Jedi Council members. Bandon was more powerful.

Bandon did kill Jedi and a lot of them and no they weren't weak you don't send weak Jedi to kill the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Bandon also lead the attack that was to capture Bastila, something that Malak would not let a weak force user do.

Bandon would eventually get the chance to control the Star Forge, something that you know takes a shit load of power. Something most poeple do not have.

The Masters in the Sith Academy were weak compared to Revan but they were far from weak. They were quite powerful actually, at least the level of a standard Rots council member if not more powerful. Bandon was more powerful then they were too.

All in all Bandon is far more powerful then people think he is, and he would surely own people like GG. The force is his greatest ally here, and I actually do think he has a chance in a lightsaber duel. Bandon would fight in a way GG does not know, and although he would analyse it eventually it could very well be to late. Bandon could surely cut of one or two of his hands and then GG would be screwed. Two lightsabers would not be enough and with Bandon his control over the force, well in the end nothing would remain of our little droid friend. Not to mention that GG was trained to fight Jedi, not Sith.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Grievous isn't completely a droid, that characteristic just makes him more deadly. Look at IG-88 and HK-47, they're extremely deadly while having no lightsabers, lightsaber training, and they're complete droids.

I never said he wasn't second most powerful.

I don't think there was ex-jedi council members to choose from.

Who said they sent Jedi after him? It's more likely he found them and killed them.

Again, Bandon IS second strongest but that doesn't mean he's close to Malak's power.

Emphasis on the word CHANCE, I truly doubt Bandon could've controlled the Star Forge.

I don't know if the masters were as strong as ROTS Council members, maybe the average master but they would be close. I really don't think Bandon is much ahead of them. He would've been stronger than Uthar, then he got less than a year of training from Malak (who would also be focused on finding Bastila). So all in all I think Bandon is the weakest known Sith lord and only at roughly Kit Fisto's level or slightly higher.

Grievous learns VERY quick. One quick round against Mace and he had developed a strategy to counter Mace's Vaapad. Mace said Obi has the best chance of any living Jedi to beat Grievous. Bandon might fight a little differently, but his double ended blade would be a hinderance here I think. Obi had to jab his lightsaber to stop the twirling blades which would be harder with a double bladed and fighting the four lightsabers would be a lot harder with a double bladed IMO. Even if he retracts one side, than he's at a disadvantage because he's used to fighting with two ends.

Next, Bandon's control of the Force was not all that strong. It was pretty clear he focuses his training on lightsaber combat, and like I said before, the Force didn't help much for the many Jedi Grievous has killed.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:40 PM
The Creator
A being beyond power

Grevious

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 12:51 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

EmperorRevan well put.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 12:57 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Chances are he couldn't have controlled the Star Forge; but that hasn't stopped people from saying the likes of Maul and Dooku could. And Bandon sure as heck was stronger than Kit Fisto. Basically you're saying that the second strongest known Sith in the galaxy was equivalent to an above AVERAGE Jedi. Now I don't think he could've taken the likes of Dooku or Mace, but he could've held either for some time. Essentially you just said that Kit Fisto could beat every single one of Malak's followers. Not at the same time, but you know waht I'm saying.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 01:42 AM