KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Could Batman Actually Happen??

Could Batman Actually Happen??
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

But....hes ninja ninja

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 10:47 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

LOL!!! laughing

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 04:52 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NPC

Lol, no.
Here is why.
Do you know why they STILL make kung-fu movies set in ancient china?
Do you know why they had people move so fast in the matrix that bullets couldnt catch them? So they had an legit excuse to use kung-fu.
Its a little thing Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, an virtually every martial arts movie has to deal with, guns.
In REAL life a gun would KILL any martial artist VERY easily. That is just a known fact. It is physically impossible to actually dodge bullets, period.
An the reason they still make ancient china set kung-fu is so guns dont exist an therefore a reasonable plot to have kung-fu/hand-to-hand fights happen. You watch all these silly movies an read comics, but the real world is very different.
I remember watching an interview with Bruce Lee an how he was upset that you had to make movies set in the past (pre-guns) to have a Kung-fu movie.
An thats why his movies were so popular, his were some of the 1st Kung-fu movies set in modern day. Yet they were shot in a way that still allowed hand-to-hand even though guns existed. But there were still quite a few scenes that seemed silly as he could have easily been shot.
An that was part of the Matrix's movie brilliance that MANY people are unaware of. Absolute modern day automatic weapons an they are worthless compared to bullet dodging movement an kung-fu. 1st truely legit premise ever concieved for having hand-to-hand combat dominate most of the action in a modern day set film.

Last edited by NPC on Aug 5th, 2006 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 06:28 AM
NPC is currently offline Click here to Send NPC a Private Message Find more posts by NPC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

http://www.forbes.com/digitalentert...0620batman.html

Being batman costs alot....but about that training shifty

I looked it up. They are brutal.

hmmmm maybe I can be Batman shifty

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 05:39 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dalton14
Your worst nightmare.

O.O Batman is awesome...

Sorry I had to say that outloud!!!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 06:56 PM
Dalton14 is currently offline Click here to Send Dalton14 a Private Message Find more posts by Dalton14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

no, sorry to shatter any dreams of people who have never done martial arts or been in fights or are under the age of 12. Batman would succomb to cripling injuries, probably relying on a wheelchair after about year two. He'd probably need some prosthetics in his shoulder cause of the force with which his grappling hooks pull him up and some serious foot surgery since apparantly ignoring the practicalities of disciplines such as muay thai, batman kicks with his heel, ankle and toes quite a bit instead of the more logical knees and shins.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 01:23 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben_H

did u know they have suits which enhance peoples strength so it means they can make a suit look up XOS EXOSKELETON and there is already a different type of exoskeletons which weigh 26 lbs which enhences leg and arm strength. the XOS exoskeleton is bulky but the other one is really small made for disabled people but can be used for other stuff they have a exoskeleton suit which actually is in sale they are making about 500 a year the one which weighs 26 lbs and

but that is nothing compared to the spider man suit which they are making in europe which has nano-tubes to climb walls but the only problem is that its tubes are so tiny they are trying to make the nanotubes use heat to melt the dust which clogs them and they use cold carbon wires for ropes which is mimcing when a gecko uses to stick to walls and thats not all the rope is propelled and is almost invisible

the government has made a camelion suit which has video images on a suit which like the octopus can turn invisible so that it can be seemingly invisible using micro video cameras all around it and also the suit projects it on the screen surrounding the nano cammeras it takes a couple seconds to adjust to surroundings but is best near cameras

Old Post May 9th, 2008 07:33 PM
Ben_H is currently offline Click here to Send Ben_H a Private Message Find more posts by Ben_H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben_H

there is a problem though with jumping from high distances is that u probably will break ur legs even with a strengh enhancement suit but u could kick some butt if u guys want to look up the spider-man suit look up SPIDERMAN SUIT COULD SEE HUMANS SCALE WALLS but don't type in capitols i forgot the nanotubes are called Carbon Nanotubes

P.S. i don't know how reply other than on other peoples stuff but i do know that u could sustain injuries in a suit kind of like a baseball bat to a football helment

Old Post May 9th, 2008 07:48 PM
Ben_H is currently offline Click here to Send Ben_H a Private Message Find more posts by Ben_H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben_H

did yall see what i typed about real life spiderman suits that uses carbon nanotubes and also about the already out strength suits and how if u have steel toed boots and bullet proof amor stuff

Old Post May 9th, 2008 07:56 PM
robin13

Smile idea

I think maybe if you had a team of batmen or make a new vigilante police force it could work.
If anybody has seen the the batwoman cartoon thing they will know what I mean by more than one batman.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 12:04 AM
robin13 is currently offline Click here to Send robin13 a Private Message Find more posts by robin13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robin13

start a justice league

If anyone is interested in forming a justice league e-mail me.

[email protected]

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 12:25 AM
robin13 is currently offline Click here to Send robin13 a Private Message Find more posts by robin13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Without Alfred Batman would be dead by now

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 12:10 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mickay

Cool batman is possible

Batman can be real like others have stated. I could become batman but i have trouble with school and work. i am going to be an inventor which could help me make the suit and i could maybe skip the training and hope that i dont get caught. its a long shot but is possible.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 02:59 PM
mickay is currently offline Click here to Send mickay a Private Message Find more posts by mickay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mickay

if i make money in my inventing business (im going to be inventor) than i could make the suit and skip the training and hope i dont get caught-but its still possible.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 03:04 PM
mickay is currently offline Click here to Send mickay a Private Message Find more posts by mickay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mickay

Cool it may be possible

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
All but imossible...

it may be possible as pointed out by ppl who have figured out the factors that can be carried out to be him in theory.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 03:21 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

A more believable thing would be a mix of Batman and the Punisher.
But following Bat's rules, the real life one can't kill people so the best working equipment should be made of:
-Lightweight Bulletproof suit:
-A pair of nightivision goggles
-Grenades
Smoke and Stun grenades to slow down and incapacitate, but not kill.
-Rubber bullets charged weapons:
2 Glocks, and MP5
-Taser guns
Useful to put K.O. somebody without making noise.
-Grappling Hook Rifle
For climbing from roof to roof or up a wall, gliding in most cities ain't gonna be as easy as in the Bats movies.
-Gloves with built in knuckledusters and boots with reinforced point and the under section.
For close quarter combat, they will enhance the blunt force of the blows delivered.
-Knives
You can incapacitate somebody without killing him using a knife, if you have the knowledge.
-Retractable batons
Good in a close quarter fight, and very handly to take around.
Now a group o medium-highly trained people, each one with his field of specialization and each one with good marksmanship and hth combat knowledge, could surely be a Batmen squad able to clean up a city or anyway reduce the criminal activities.
I'm with Blair Wind, let's find a bored billionaire.
I'm 5'9'', 235 lbs of weight.
I practiced 4 years of boxing, 5 of Jeet Kune Do, and 3 of weight lifting.Despite being built as a bodybuilder I possess good agility and considerable ground speed.I can beat up to 5 men of the same weight and get outta the brawl with minor bruises.I also own a gun license and I have experience in firing with guns and medium caliber rifles.I could be part of the strike force, surely not the "brain" of the squad big grin laughing

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 06:33 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nullifier

Ok, first of all a "Batman" or "Ironman" wouldn't get arrested because they never personally arrest a convict nor kill them.. So what they do is within the law. and theres something out there that is "better then batmans suit its called dragon scales.. "titanium plates laid over echother in sequence" and there also the "XOS Exoskeleton" which is developed by, Stephen Jacobson. I'm a quantum physicist and I'm personally using inductive resonance to create a personal power sorce that could create levitation as well as self generating POWER!!! I'll get more into that on a science forum. My point is if you have someone smart enough anything is possible. I will be a scientist or a superhero and my super hero name will be.. Nullificator.. since Hiro is already taken.. damn TV show.. LOL well Batman is totally possible..

Also, if you think about it.. someone such as the Zodiac killer or bonny and clyde where criminals that had enough will power to do what they did for long periods of time.. So i bet a person.. anyone.. has the potental to do something drastic good or bad..

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 12:49 PM
Nullifier is currently offline Click here to Send Nullifier a Private Message Find more posts by Nullifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nullifier
Ok, first of all a "Batman" or "Ironman" wouldn't get arrested because they never personally arrest a convict nor kill them.. So what they do is within the law... I'm a quantum physicist and I'm personally using inductive resonance to create a personal power sorce that could create levitation as well as self generating POWER!!!

A) Yes, it's VERY illegal. They go around attacking "innocent" people (until proven guilty). Batman commits an awful lot of assault, I imagine.

B) You're not a quantum physicisisisisist at all, are you? Really?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:15 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nullifier

Actually I am. But excuse me BTW. You ARE correct though about it being illegal the problem is, If your me and yuo stay up till 5:32am and deside to right a comment. Not ever bit of information will be correct. also there is no need to be agressive. I was not agressive to anyone. So, I would like to ask to please watch what you say to people. But, You'r wrong about one thing. If you get a "Requisition" a statement of peace of paper that alows someone to be like a "bounty hunter" or a honoray cop. Also your not completely right because if a store is being robbed and you where to punch the burgler nothing would happen because you where assisting in the arrest of a suspect.. So, if you have a "witness" and "evadence" by the time a cop gets to the scene he connot and will not arrest you. Kovacs86 I ask dont be a smart ass I do have bounds to what i say. Also being "mis-directed" in a subject that has nothing to do with physics or its practice Doesnt mean I do not know what I'm talking about. Dont ever calm someones lying about what they do when they've spent 12 years studying for what they do.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 08:24 AM
Nullifier is currently offline Click here to Send Nullifier a Private Message Find more posts by Nullifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nullifier

Excuse my grammer. I don't put much thought into writing. I only pay attention to what I wright when I need to. smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 08:29 AM