KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi

Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

ok.... one last thing before i log off for the night...(damn work)

as we both start at the same time no mental influence has been attempted from the get-go.... Thordon harnesses his two main weapons... he gives Mjolnir a quantum covering (during the prep time) so that when the fight starts he uses his FTL speed and quantum-boosted-Thor strength to throw the hammer at Kinky (this all happens virtually instantaneously using my vastly superior speed) if Loki manages a shield (or comes to the battle with one already in place) then the Quantum covering will rip through this, at top speed it tears through the armour...... and if you're lucky it only breaks all your ribs..... after this initial assault you are severely injured and your armour is mangled

you stored charge may allow you to begin healing... but you'll get no more charge from the destroyed armour, as the hammer returns and the power draining has begun (as per usual) i focus all the energy i drain, as well as all the regular energies Thor and Quasar command through Mjolnir and start a continual blast..... armour completely destroyed, body extremely damaged, in great pain, unable to focus mind.... one or two uber-strength Mjolnir cracks to the head will finish you off

total battle time... 0.0043 seconds

evil face

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Aug 3rd, 2005 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:35 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

uh....Gambit wins

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 11:18 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote:
Quasar already fights at class 100 levels... the strength will be much less of a difference to him than yours would be to Loki

We're both fighting well above our regular strength levels, but whereas I only have to learn to be stronger and fly faster, you're still trying to master Thor's abilities, Mjolnir, the speed force, etc. I'll be more than used to being an uber-badass...and while I'm not saying you wouldn't use your prep wisely, it still takes more than a few hours to master (or even begin to understand) speed draining and the full usage of Thor's abilities.

quote:
the new speed ability that accelerates his cognitive response times is automatic... whenever he moves fast he thinks fast... an automatic response doesn't need a lot of concentration

...and this refers to your movement, right? Sure, that's how the speed force works. But this is what will be hindered once my magic goes completely unhindered through your constructs, directly to your mind. You have no defense against it, and you even edmitted Quasar is affected by this sort of magical influence. Mjolnir and the speed force can't save you there.

quote:
perhaps... but a natural non-combatant fighting for his life is not going to be focused enough to use his abilities to their best advantage... plus when it comes to H2H he will be at a tremendous disadvantage
...and yet a chained Sif caused him to beg for help.....

This assumes I'll be in a position where I'm so close to death I'll panic. You'll never have as much of an advantage over me as that sif had strangling Loki (which, admittedly, was kinda stupid of Loki, but with her being chained/weaponless/etc. it was probably somewhat of a surprise). It'll be a good fight, but I'll never be so desperate that I'll turn tail.

quote:
total battle time... 0.0043 seconds

Hoo boy. I don't think I'll be winning quite this fast, but thanks.

Anyway, the only time Zod ever lost to Superman was when he was out of his armor. It's far from indestructible, but it'll take more than a Mjolnir blow or two to get through it. And as previously stated, I'll slow you down, muddle your mind, hit you with radiation eminating from me (which you won't be able to absorb since you'd have to absorb it from my body...and Loki has control over his internal molecules, so that's out), and generally will just be beating the crap out of you all while getting stronger and more invulnerable thanks to my armor.

-DM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 01:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although I did enjoy seeing Loki whining and begging for mercy, I'm leaning oh so slightly to Demi....erm

The reasons are Thor took a few hundred years(Asgardian time) to actually become skilled enough JUST to wield the Mjolnir, then spent a few more hundred years(Asgardian Time) figuring out how to work it.
In human time, you've only had the hammer for like 4 minutes.

Not voting yet.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:58 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
We're both fighting well above our regular strength levels, but whereas I only have to learn to be stronger and fly faster, you're still trying to master Thor's abilities, Mjolnir, the speed force, etc. I'll be more than used to being an uber-badass...

you think making heat beams come out of your eyes.... or even flying.... comes naturally? Superman never learned to fly until he was almost 20 years old... the heat beams took years as well... Loki will also be completely taken aback by his newfound speed... he'll overshoot everything as, unlike a Flash character, his mind doesn't work at varying speeds depending on body motion... the armour? Kryptonian technology... how would an Asgardian... who uses virtually zero electronic devices..... figure out how to use an advanced suit of battle armour?

at least Quasar knows Mjolnir responds to mental commands as he's fought alongside Thor for years, he's seen what Mjolnir and Thor are capable of many times... he isn't forced to learn from scratch like Loki will be... he's just mimicking actions he already knows he can perform

and, again, as the speedforce reaction times are completely automatic there's not much to learn for Thordon in the "moving really fast" stakes
and while I'm not saying you wouldn't use your prep wisely, it still takes more than a few hours to master (or even begin to understand) speed draining and the full usage of Thor's abilities.

Thor's abilities are already known to Quasar (unlike Apollo's and Zod's to Loki)

speed draining is not the power i'm relying upon here... i realise it'll probably be the hardest aspect to fully understand, so i focused my attacks so far on the other, easier to grasp, factors
and this refers to your movement, right? Sure, that's how the speed force works. But this is what will be hindered once my magic goes completely unhindered through your constructs, directly to your mind.

any magical energies can be (at least partially) absorbed through Mjolnir, as for going through my constructs..... well.... you'll have to locate, aim and fire at me first..... which to a noob with speedpowers would be difficult... but against someone who can fly as fast as Quasar and dodge as fast as Flash it will be virtually, if not completely, impossible
It'll be a good fight, but I'll never be so desperate that I'll turn tail.

i wasn't suggesting that you'd run away.... just panic and make really bad decisions..... probably even forget about your new abilities.... as well as some of the old ones (referring back to the pic)
Anyway, the only time Zod ever lost to Superman was when he was out of his armor. It's far from indestructible, but it'll take more than a Mjolnir blow or two to get through it

funny... because the Asgardian Destroyer armour IS said to be indestructible.... and Mjolnir (thrown with enough force) tore through that in one shot..... ripped the head clean off of it... and that's when it was powered by Desak
And as previously stated, I'll slow you down, muddle your mind, hit you with radiation eminating from me (which you won't be able to absorb since you'd have to absorb it from my body...and Loki has control over his internal molecules, so that's out), and generally will just be beating the crap out of you all while getting stronger and more invulnerable thanks to my armor.

i don't think you understand Quasar's abilities... if it's radiation... he can absorb it.... as soon as it comes out of you it's going to start powering me... i cannot be harmed by any of your projected energy attacks

Quasar has preprogrammed them (the Quantum bands) to be sensitive to incoming energy fluctuations of sufficient power to do him harm and automatically absorb that energy. Quasar also programmed his quantum-bands to automatically whip up a forcefield when it senses an incoming energy source that may be harmful to his form..... and Quasar's body is not as durable as Thor's...... so nothing is getting through that has a remote chance of hurting Quasar.... let alone Thordon

the only non-physical attack you have that could possibly work is magical bolts... which can easily be blocked/absorbed through Mjolnir... or just dodged

you basically are left with no other option but to fight H2H..... which is not Loki's speciality.... he'll be so focused on defending himself that any time he spends diverting his attention into attempting magical mind tricks will leave him wide open for hundreds/thousands of Flash speed Mjolnir strikes

your armour cannot withstand this much abuse, nor can your body

this isn't a guess, you HAVE to resort to a fist fight here!.... it's the only possible chance you have to physically injure me..... Quasar has extensive H2H training through SHIELD and has a martial arts background.... while Loki ... doesn't... and i can still blast all day long with my unlimited energy reserves and enchanted hammer

you can throw mind tricks all you want at the start of the fight (if i don't get the first strike in.... which is very likely due to my speed)..... but as soon as it's about to get physical, your concentration has to be on the fight..... which leaves my mind perfectly clear (if you were given any time to "influence" it in the first place)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 01:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by long pig
Although I did enjoy seeing Loki whining and begging for mercy, I'm leaning oh so slightly to Demi....erm

The reasons are Thor took a few hundred years(Asgardian time) to actually become skilled enough JUST to wield the Mjolnir, then spent a few more hundred years(Asgardian Time) figuring out how to work it.
In human time, you've only had the hammer for like 4 minutes.

it's more like 4 hours... at Flash speeds learning to use something he's seen used hundreds of times

it's not like he got shoved into an advanced suit of armour that he has no idea how to control (and doesn't understand the language any controls may be written in) and pushed into a battle.... without knowing how to fly.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Aug 4th, 2005 at 01:59 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 01:54 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote:
you think making heat beams come out of your eyes.... or even flying.... comes naturally? Superman never learned to fly until he was almost 20 years old... the heat beams took years as well... Loki will also be completely taken aback by his newfound speed... he'll overshoot everything as, unlike a Flash character, his mind doesn't work at varying speeds depending on body motion... the armour? Kryptonian technology... how would an Asgardian... who uses virtually zero electronic devices..... figure out how to use an advanced suit of battle armour?

But, um, Loki has flown already. It's just learning to fly faster. And as for the armor, there's nothing to figure out. Our amalgams come "pre-assembled" and it emits sun radiation. Loki's a smart guy and will know he's strong and eventually realize he's getting progressively stronger. There's no commands or technology to figure out. Hop in...become a badass. Either way, learning to punch harder and fly faster is a helluva lot easier than what your tasked with, regardless of your Flash-speed.

And the heat beams and laser vision...don't really need them. If I don't manage to learn to use them, it's not a big deal.

quote:
speed draining is not the power i'm relying upon here... i realise it'll probably be the hardest aspect to fully understand, so i focused my attacks so far on the other, easier to grasp, factors

Ok...so speed draining is out, as I originally stated. So that just leaves the speed and reaction times, which, of course, will be getting meddled with from the moment the fight starts. At this point we'd be fairly used to having to fight these uber-badass amalgams, so anything less than having any and all preparations taken care of (shielding, telepathy, etc.) from the moment the fight starts would be a grievous error...one Loki won't make. Refer to my first post on page 1 if you need to, but Scoob himself has stated that this sort of influence can directly affect Quasar. He's defenseless against it, and even if Mjolnir can 'detect' the telepathy (doubtful since Quasar is controlling it) he has no way of stopping it.

quote:
i wasn't suggesting that you'd run away.... just panic and make really bad decisions..... probably even forget about your new abilities.... as well as some of the old ones (referring back to the pic)

Lucky for me, then, that I have a simple strategy. Slow you down with telepathy then beat the crap out of you. For someone with Loki's experience, even given his lack of bravery, it would be hard to screw that up.

quote:
you basically are left with no other option but to fight H2H.....

Then we're in agreement here. At these levels, regardless of fighting skill, it's a brawl. Once I slow you down we'll be pretty much on a level playing field. We'll both be getting our hits in, and while your constructs will soon be gone (and you'll have to focus on just fighting so you won't be able to make more) Apollo is just as durable as Thor (especially with my charge) and I'm still wearing my armor. At this point, I'll be much stronger and probably more durable, and even if you have a 2-1 hit ratio (but you won't) it won't matter. The hits will add up and you'll be the first to fall.

And despite his use of magic over strength most times, Loki's been in enough fights that some SHIELD training won't totally confound him.

quote:
Although I did enjoy seeing Loki whining and begging for mercy, I'm leaning oh so slightly to Demi....

Geez! I know Demigawd is respected around here, lp, but getting votes when he's not even in the fight...I can't compete with that kind of credibility. I conceed (to demi, not scoob). stick out tongue

-DM cool

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 04:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Loki can't beat Quasar.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 04:32 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by kgkg
Loki can't beat Quasar.
That changes my mind right there laughing

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 04:40 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by kgkg
Loki can't beat Quasar.

Um, ok?

Is this a vote?

And in any case, magic and Q-energy work on different fields of energy. If it was just Loki vs. Quasar, my magical attacks would go straight to Q's body. And whereas Loki is a Class 30, and can control the molecules within himself, it'll be a lot harder to kill him than the rather mundane body of Quasar.

But this isn't Loki vs. Quasar. It's Quasar in Thor's body vs. Loki in Apollo's body (with random other enhancements for each). The dynamic of the entire fight is changed by this, and makes it nothing like Loki vs. Quasar.

-DM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:50 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

There's no commands or technology to figure out. Hop in...become a badass.

and when the first system is damaged you wont have a clue how to repair/bypass it and the armour will soon fail with continued assault
that just leaves the speed and reaction times, which, of course, will be getting meddled with from the moment the fight starts.

but AT the moment the fight starts i am vastly superior in terms of speed and thought.... i can attack you before you finish completing the thought process that activates your magical mind abilities..... quantum-hammer assault straight through your shields... jarring you and causing you to lose focus, followed in by Thordon (covering the distance in as close to no time as is possible) immediately retrieving his hammer and pounding the crap out of your armor.... your physical durability may be boosted but your armour is still at its base Kryptonian level.... Mjolnir will crack it open with a few solid hits (at top speed 100 solid hits should take only a fraction of a second)

straight away i've nullified your psychic assaults and brought the match to close quarter combat ..... you may think that hand to hand training wont be useful and it'll turn into a brawl, but anyone who's studied martial arts for a while will tell you how instinctive the movements will become..... a brawler will lose to a trained fighter.... especially a government trained fighter
but Scoob himself has stated that this sort of influence can directly affect Quasar.

Scoob also realises that at Flash speeds Thordon can attack many, many times in the space it takes a non-speedster to complete a thought or activate any powers.... and Scoob knows his stuff..... stick out tongue
Lucky for me, then, that I have a simple strategy. Slow you down with telepathy then beat the crap out of you.

which will be ineffective as i've assaulted you heavily before you can complete any telepathic messages

and even if it could get to FT in time.... a slowed down Flash Thordon is still hundreds of times faster than a non-speedster's mind (such as Loki)
Then we're in agreement here. At these levels, regardless of fighting skill, it's a brawl.

i don't agree with that at all ... i said H2H combat.... not a brawl... big difference if one combatant has extensive training
Once I slow you down we'll be pretty much on a level playing field.

sort of.... if you consider Nick Fury V's J Jonah Jameson a level match.... combat training makes a huge difference when you get down to fist fighting
And despite his use of magic over strength most times, Loki's been in enough fights that some SHIELD training won't totally confound him.

it may not confound him, but it will allow Flash Thordon to soundly kick his ass

you mention taking out my quantum constructs (such as armour) throughout the battle... and this is a possibility...... i've already mentioned how Quasar has programmed specific commands into his quantum bands (instant absorption of hostile energy fields... instant shield creation when Quasar is threatened) .... during prep, with his newfound speed, he adds a new programme.... instant armour replacement when a piece or the whole is damaged/destroyed...... so if you do manage to knock a few pieces off of it, it'll fix itself

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:08 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I'm going with Digi here. His character simply has less to learn. Meanwhile, look at how long it took Flash to learn things like speed draining and some of his other speed force tricks. And then you look at what Long Pig said about the hammer... Yeah, FT's most reliable and well known weapon is his quantum bands, which Loki can just scythe through.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:18 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Khellendros
I'm going with Digi here. His character simply has less to learn. Meanwhile, look at how long it took Flash to learn things like speed draining and some of his other speed force tricks. And then you look at what Long Pig said about the hammer... Yeah, FT's most reliable and well known weapon is his quantum bands, which Loki can just scythe through.

we've already dismissed speed draining... and most other speedforce tricks..... in fact the only aspect of flash i'm really using is the basic "go-fastness"

the hammer... Quasar has seen it used for years, knows pretty much exactly what it can do and knows it responds to mental commands... i don't get the problem everyone finds with that

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:48 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

new tactic...... Thordon does the throw of the quantum boosted hammer, follows it in, slams Kinky to the ground before he realises what's going on and slams the hammer down on top of him.... and leaves it there...... Kinky is effectively immobilised (much like Hyperion was in Avengers during the Imus Champion story) with Kinky pinned and unable to right himself Thordon can fly around him at speeds that make it impossible for Loki's mind to aim at, all the while blasting away and firing Quantum constructs..... they may not have quite the same impact as Mjolnir but they are still very powerful hits.... as i can keep this up indefinitely at super fast speeds i don't see how Kinky has a moments time to concentrate to even attempt an "influence" attack... full power blasts that have hurt and damaged cosmic beings should only take moments to wreck Kryptonian armour.... and after that's gone i can retrieve the hammer and use it to cave Kinky's skull in

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:56 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote:
and when the first system is damaged you wont have a clue how to repair/bypass it and the armour will soon fail with continued assault

IF the armor is damaged, Apollo retains his charge. I won't be losing it instantaneously...I just won't be getting any stronger. And by this point, I'm stronger than you and probably more invulnerable, so the armor malfunctioning won't hinder me much.

quote:
but AT the moment the fight starts i am vastly superior in terms of speed and thought.... i can attack you before you finish completing the thought process that activates your magical mind abilities.....

Last tourney (if you'll recal...many voters weren't around though) Scoob started every fight with Gravitron coming into the fight with his gravity shields up and around the whole team...as he entered the fight this was happening, leaving no time for the proverbial "speed blitz". Just ditto that with Loki's telepathy, and I think you'll see how I'm planning to shoot down Thordon's speed blitz. If this were a "Ready? Go!" scenario it would be different, but with my prep, this tactic is completely legitimate.

quote:
if you consider Nick Fury V's J Jonah Jameson a level match.... combat training makes a huge difference when you get down to fist fighting

Point taken, but there's a bigger gap between those two than our amalgams. Loki's lived for thousands of years, and despite not being the greatest H2H combatant, the difference between him and Quasar isn't enough that you'll overcome my strength/invulnerability advantage.

quote:
we've already dismissed speed draining... and most other speedforce tricks..... in fact the only aspect of flash i'm really using is the basic "go-fastness"

Yes, we have already dismissed it, though Khell's points about learning powers are still valid. Yes you'll be moving fast, but that's what the telepathy is for. And you'll have a good idea of how Thor operates, but will hardly be a master at what he can do. All points against you. Small points, perhaps, but points nonetheless.

-DM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:43 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Last tourney (if you'll recal...many voters weren't around though) Scoob started every fight with Gravitron coming into the fight with his gravity shields up and around the whole team...as he entered the fight this was happening, leaving no time for the proverbial "speed blitz". Just ditto that with Loki's telepathy, and I think you'll see how I'm planning to shoot down Thordon's speed blitz. If this were a "Ready? Go!" scenario it would be different, but with my prep, this tactic is completely legitimate.

actually that's because defensive preperations are permitted during prep eg. shields, armour, creating dragons (but not using them yet)... offensive moves are banned until the match starts... as in a "Ready? Go!"... and those are the same rules this tourny goes by.... so you are allowed to have your shields up (as i assume you would) but you cannot attempt any attack of any kind against your opponent before the "bell"... so no... your "entering while already using mind powers" tactic is not legitimate and my speed blitz at the "bell" is perfectly legal

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:00 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

after i've shredded your magical shields and damaged your armour i can send huge amounts of electricity through your body via magical lightning, regular lightning and Quasar's control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum.... Apollo has already proven to have a vulnerablility to this.... even if it doesn't completely take you out it will severely deplete your power reserves.... any amount of lightspeed hammer smacks after this should knock you out / kill you

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:04 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

3 - 0 against me just now....... sad

where's the love people?

look who you could be voting for

Flash Thordon..... Saviour of the Universe!

don't let Kinky's evil ways win the day against your hero!

Attachment: flashthordoncomplete2.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Aug 4th, 2005 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

From what i've read i'm gonna have to go with Scoob...

Not that it'll help him much... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Scoobs's amalgam definitely has the greatest potential power, but Digi's amalgam probably has the greater realized power, which will make the difference in this fight.

So I'm voting for Demi. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:30 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote