KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi

Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll start by reiterating that it took Thor centuries to master his powers

Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill, Magni, the daughter in the "what if...? Secret wars 25 years on", Thor Girl, Wonderman.......

all these people (and others) have found themselves with Mjolnir (or something incredibly similar) and have learned to use it's abilities in far less time than Thor.... Magni hadn't even seen it used before and was teleporting within 5 minutes, throwing/recalling it, Beta Ray uses Stormbreaker all the time (which is basically a copy of Mjolnir) Masterson, with no training, fooled the Avengers into believing he WAS Thor

i can understand that it took Thor a while to learn it as he had no frame of reference for it's abilities.... but everyone since him who even had the slightest idea how to use it was up and flying straight away

there are too many examples of it being used successfully by novices for you to continue with your "he wont know how to use it" argument.... at least with any credibility

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:06 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Nataku8188
Closing tonight.

what time zone are you in? what was the local time you were in when you made this post... it was 6:14am to me (GMT)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Ok..... summary

Kinky may have a the strength advantage (it's hard to say how strong a Quantum boosted Thor would be.... or a sun drenched Apollo)

Thordon definitely has the speed advantage.... which always means he gets to act first..... maybe two or three move (or more) before his opponent can finish his first thought

The hammer is not that difficult to learn once you know what it does (and Quasar has extensive experience fighting alongside Thor) i gave examples above... Beta Ray Bill, Magni, Eric Masterson, etc....

My two main assault strategies only require basic hammer usage.... throwing and placing.... (both of which can be put into effect before Kinky can move)

Magical telepathy may still slow Thordon down.... but by the time the first "influence" is attempted, Kinky will have his armour crippled, probable internal injuries and he'll be immobilised under Mjolnir

After immobilisation (which could be counted as a win in itself) Thordon has all the time in the world to take Kinky apart.. and even if he's slowed down mentally, his mental faculties, enhanced through the speed force, will still be firing at superhuman (or super-godly) speeds

Kinky, with Loki's mind, will not be capable of connecting with a ranged attack blast at an uber-fast opponent and the only ones that could possibly effect Thordon are magical.... so he'll either be splitting his power/concentration between that and his "influence" .... or he'll have to stop one altogether to perform the other.... either way, Kinky is possessed of only a finite amount of magical power.... keeping up either attack over an extended period will cause him to deplete his reserves.... if the battle lasts to that point he will be completely helpless

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote:
Kinky may have a the strength advantage (it's hard to say how strong a Quantum boosted Thor would be.... or a sun drenched Apollo)

Kinky DOES have the strength advantage, and once my magic cuts through your quantum boost, there won't be any more doubt.

quote:
Thordon definitely has the speed advantage.... which always means he gets to act first..... maybe two or three move (or more) before his opponent can finish his first thought

Telepathy coming into the battle will ensure that the speed advantage will never be a factor. Quasar has no defense against it, and it will go directly to his mind. He'll be slowed down and probably considerably messed up, making my advantage more than just speed but overall concentration as well.

quote:
Kinky, with Loki's mind, will not be capable of connecting with a ranged attack blast at an uber-fast opponent and the only ones that could possibly effect Thordon are magical.... so he'll either be splitting his power/concentration between that and his "influence" .... or he'll have to stop one altogether to perform the other.... either way, Kinky is possessed of only a finite amount of magical power.... keeping up either attack over an extended period will cause him to deplete his reserves.... if the battle lasts to that point he will be completely helpless

I'll have the strength and durability advantage and will have you slowed down and groggy. And Loki definitely doesn't have a finite amount of magical energy. There isn'y some magical reserve he's pulling from...it's internally based, and as long as he's alive he can continue to use whatever he has at his disposal.

Slow him down...whale the heck out of him. Simple as that. there's nothing he can do to combat either of those, and the one advantage he has (speed) will be taken away before he can use it.

-DM

P.S. I count 5-5. Helluva match Scoob, regardless of how it turns out.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 05:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still vote Digimark smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 05:48 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Kinky DOES have the strength advantage, and once my magic cuts through your quantum boost, there won't be any more doubt.

the quantum boost isn't a construct.... not everything Quasar produces is something that can be externally effected... his own strength boosting is internal.... you can't just cut it off by hitting him with magic
Telepathy coming into the battle will ensure that the speed advantage will never be a factor.

Kinky's thought processes are considerably slower than Thordon's i've already explained that by the time you activate your mental abilities i'll have made two or three moves... minimum
Loki definitely doesn't have a finite amount of magical energy.

yes he does.... his power is from himself, as you have stated, it will eventually run out... Loki could not keep up a magical force blast forever
Slow him down...whale the heck out of him. Simple as that. there's nothing he can do to combat either of those

apart from acting first, ripping your shields and armour, pinning you under the hammer, continually assaulting you so as to not let you concentrate on telepathy.......

but the point is, even if you could effect Thordon's speed..... it is so far ahead of Kinky's speed that he would still have that advantage at a reduced rate

but as i'll be attacking first you don't need to worry about that.... evil face

5 - 5 ... wow .... i hadn't counted, but damn......

nice fight

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 06:30 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

It'll take more than a few hits, even from a boosted Thor, to take out Uber-Apollo in Zod's armor. And as soon as I slow you down I'm in complete control (which, if it isn't instantaneous, will still be quick enough to prevent you from ruining me quickly...and I don't see why I can't enter the fight with a burst of telepathic force. In the time it'll take you see where I am this will happen).

And once this happens, even if Loki's energy is finite (which I would still refute...he could keep up the telepathy all day if needed) I'll make short work of you with my superior strength and durability.

-DM

P.S. Whirly had me confused for a second (and excited). But he voted on Pg. 1 already so it's still 5-5.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 5th, 2005 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

It'll take more than a few hits, even from a boosted Thor, to take out Uber-Apollo in Zod's armor. And as soon as I slow you down I'm in complete control which, if it isn't instantaneous, will still be quick enough to prevent you from ruining me quickly

quickly? the size of the battlefield is ...well ... China ... China is around 4,700 kilometres from east to west

Thordon can move at lightspeed with Flash's abilities... faster when using the Quantum bands for flight

light travels 300,000 kmh.. so Thordon could easily cover the distance to the farthest place you could possibly be in 0.0156 seconds

now that's only through entire body movement... the relative speed of the hammer would be about double that .... so within less than one hundredth of a second Thordon can tear down your shields and have already begun a brutal physical assault

your telepathy cannot be instantaneous as you are not permitted to enter the match having already began an offensive move.... only defensive preparations are permitted (such as shields... Evangel went over all this in one of the earlier rounds) at best you have to wait until the start whistle before you can begin any telepathic thought processes... by the time you've decided which image to send Mjolnir will have cracked open your armour

after that i only have to place Mjolnir on your chest and you are effectively immobilised... after that slowing me down slightly wont make the slightest bit of difference
even if Loki's energy is finite (which I would still refute...he could keep up the telepathy all day if needed)

of course it's finite... even Odin doesn't have infinite power reserves (hence the Odin sleep)... Loki isn't a patch on Odin... he'll wear down quickly (magically speaking) if he attempts continual magical output
P.S. Whirly had me confused for a second (and excited).

embarrasment

suit you sir...oooh...oooooh... likes it does he sir?... oooh ...... enjoys the Kinky stuff does he?.... ooooh .......

stick out tongue

(anyone here ever seen the Fast Show?)

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Aug 5th, 2005 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 09:39 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol....
let's all hate me now.

I vote now for Digi.....yes yes...stfu. I know.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 09:57 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by long pig
lol....
let's all hate me now.

I vote now for Digi.....yes yes...stfu. I know.

wtf... what changed?

confused

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 10:35 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I vote Scoobless.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 10:51 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

ok I would vote....but dont the voters have to have registered in may? I dont remeber when I registered...but I will vote for Scoobs if I can.....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:01 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

At first i thought Digi because on the surface it seems like his amalgam would win however ive changed my mind. Its gotta be Scoob

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:02 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

you were march.... it says it there under your avatar

tx for the vote

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:03 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by Scoobless
what time zone are you in? what was the local time you were in when you made this post... it was 6:14am to me (GMT)

I'm East Coast, U.S. Cause I rule.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:07 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

well.... i've been getting up at rediculously early times all week because of my stupid job...... so i gotta call it a night......

i'll check in on the final scores tomorrow to see how it went....(damn time zones.... i always miss the end of these matches)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:42 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

i vote Scoobless

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 03:23 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Damn. 4 in a row. 6-4 to 8-6 just like that (scoob has the 2-vote advantage by the way).

If we're on something the size of China and the fight starts, it'll take longer than a fraction of a second for Thordon to find me and hit me. China's a big place, and he won't be able to see me right away. In that time my telepathy will be up and running, and the rest of my plan is laid out in my previous posts. I'm still stronger, more durable, and I'll get just as many hits in once he's slowed down from the magical telepathy. It won't matter how long Loki can hold his telepathy because it will be a short fight by this point.

-DM

P.S. Thanks longpig...you going back and forth was pretty funny, and I was up 6-4 when you switched, but things have soured since then.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 03:44 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Damn...that's right. I'm a MOD now.

Vote for me, you worthless fools, or you'll be banned until you pay me in hard cash or sexual favors!

Er...wait...I can't do that...grrr...(*jumps to his secret Moderator lair to form a new plan*)

-DM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 03:49 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

China's a big place, and he won't be able to see me right away.

China is quite big.... but your various energy signatures will make you stand out like Giant Man at a midget convention

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 11:20 AM