KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi

Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by demigawd
Scoobs's amalgam definitely has the greatest potential power, but Digi's amalgam probably has the greater realized power, which will make the difference in this fight.

So I'm voting for Demi. stick out tongue

um.... confused

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:00 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by demigawd
Scoobs's amalgam definitely has the greatest potential power, but Digi's amalgam probably has the greater realized power, which will make the difference in this fight.

So I'm voting for Demi. stick out tongue

Thanks demi, but this is really a vote for me, right?? I'm sure Scoob will protest unless it gets clarified.

I'd also like to point out that Scoob is beginning to resort to his character's name to try and win over voters. His NAME! If that doesn't reek of desperation, I don't know what does.

4-1 (or 3-1 if demi's vote is in question) in favor of me right now. Keep them coming voters!

-DM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:03 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Yes, I'm voting for Digi, lol.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:18 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I vote for Scoob.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:30 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Kinkster compels you.....Bwahaha!

Attachment: zod.jpg
This has been downloaded 62 time(s).

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 10:27 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

And again, with energy blasts from the eyes!

Attachment: zod2.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 10:28 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'm going for scoob by what I read.

If I can vote, anyway...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 10:59 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You were here in May, CM, so you're cool. Your vote counts. Right now it's 4-3, I'm in the lead.

Since this page is devoid of any strategy so far, let me get the ball rolling again...I'll refrain from quoting Scoob and arguing back right now and will just summarize my points thus far.

I think Demi said it well when he wrote (and this is a paraphrase) "Thordon may have more potential power, but Kinky has more realized power." I would even refute the first half of that statement, but I heartily agree with the second part. My over-arching strategy is actually ridiculously simple. Slow him down with magical telepathy, then beat the holy hell out of him.

I'll start by reiterating that it took Thor centuries to master his powers (thanks to longpig for that tidbit), and with only a few hours prep, even someone who has seen Thor in action won't have mastery over his powers. And he won't have time to learn anything except "go fast" with the speed force (which would be an advantage, but I'll deal with that next paragraph).

Quasar has no control over magical influence. It will go directly to his mind...he has no defense against it. The best Mjolnir could hope to do is detect it, not stop it. And running around won't avoid telepathy. It will affect Thordon and slow him the heck down.

His Q-constructs will blast my magical shields, but my magic will rip into his constructs as well. In my sun-energy-emitting armor, Apollo has been charging for a long time now, and once the quantum-boost to Thor's strength is gone because of my magic, I'll be much stronger than Thor. I'll also be harder to take out because I'll have an extra layer of armor on, and my body is just as durable as Thor's to begin with (if not more) and the armor will only enhance that.

He'll be groggy from the telepathy, and my strength and durability will far exceed any slight advantage Quasar has in H2H combat. At this point it'll turn into a beatdown.

Scoobless has tried to 'avoid' the telepathy numerous ways. He can't.
He's tried to say he could drain me of my charge. He can't (First he'd have to get through all of my shielding and armor, and even then Loki can control his own internal molecules to an extent that it would make it too hard for Quasar to try and drain Apollo's body of its charge).
He's tried to play up his fighting skill. It's a valid point, but one that does little to make up for Thordon's other shortcomings.

That's the plan in a nutshell. There's little Thordon can do to reverse that many advantages.

-DM

Last edited by Digi on Aug 4th, 2005 at 11:22 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 11:17 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It was almost a tie, but then he brought some promising points.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 11:25 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi

Originally posted by Nataku8188
Battle is set ontop of Whirlysplat's ego (i.e. China)
Both fighters start with their fingers trapped in a a chinese finger trap.
http://members.tripod.com/rikmertens/image/apollo.html

Its funny cause its true yes

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 12:08 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I gonna go with Scoob.
reason I belivve it comes down to his speed. You have said so yourself Digi that you could only hamper him and in the end it will become a fist fight where Scoob's guy has a chance of landing 2 punches for your 1.
Also I believe that his Hammer idea works where he places the hammer on you and leaves it there. I belive he is fast enough and strong enough to knock you over from the begining and place the hammer on you. No matter how strong you get you'll never be able to lift that hammer so Scoob's guy can pick you off as he wants.

But as always it's not over I will change my vote if you convince me toherwise.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 01:43 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh....but again....his hammer takes too long to figure out...

Blah...I don't know...

I retake my vote!!

I will vote again later tonight.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:17 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by long pig
Eh....but again....his hammer takes too long to figure out...

Blah...I don't know...

I retake my vote!!

I will vote again later tonight.
Yeah but it doesn't take much knowledge to simply place it on him. The hammers own power then will come into effect.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:19 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by newjak86
Yeah but it doesn't take much knowledge to simply place it on him. The hammers own power then will come into effect.

Arguing with someone else's points comes off like you're debating with them. We're all allowed to have our own opinions.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 02:58 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Khellendros
Arguing with someone else's points comes off like you're debating with them. We're all allowed to have our own opinions.
I know I'm sorry.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 03:02 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

It's tied? Or does it mean I'm winning 4-3 because LP "re-took" his??

Anyway, the 2:1 hit ratio was a best case scenario for Thordon, and even then his quantum-strength-boost would be gone, and my strength and durability would be far beyond his. And all this is still assuming he'd retain a speed advantage after my telepathic influence, which is unlikely at best, and wrong at worst. A telepathically messed-up Quasar, who is already wielding Mjolnir with very little skill, won't be hurting me as much as my hits will hurt him. At that point, a hit or two should just knock Thor out...and even if it carries on, he has no real advantage to help him win out.

-DM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 05:11 AM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Closing tonight.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 05:14 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, sorry, I gotta stick with voting for scoob.

Tome zone differences suck.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 06:08 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

This is tough...Voting for.....Digi

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:11 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by long pig
Eh, sorry, I gotta stick with voting for scoob.

Tome zone differences suck.
Yeah they do. . If I can vote and if it counts I vote for scoob. . .

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:14 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote