KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Why Does Everyone Hate/Dislike/Loathe the DC Universe

Why Does Everyone Hate/Dislike/Loathe the DC Universe
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I thought I'd mention that the black-and-white morality in some/most of DC's main superheroes can be annoying.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 05:43 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I thought I'd mention that the black-and-white morality in some/most of DC's main superheroes can be annoying.

the mindwiping of dr. light wasnt very black and white...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 11:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvel=DC
Sexy In Any Universe

i think more people say between the ages of 25 and under grew up on marvel and people older than that on dc so it's kinda kids vs adults.

me personally i like both marvel unpreditable (sometimes) and dc classic.

i do think a lot of marvel fans on here are either young or don't actually read comics though. Which would explain the dumb arguments, lack of focus or staying to topic, and of course the dumb a** results i.e DC's overpowered but they all some how lose to every marvel character. like in the Wonder Woman vs F4 fight apparently WW stands still while the F4 go for death shots?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 02:58 AM
Marvel=DC is currently offline Click here to Send Marvel=DC a Private Message Find more posts by Marvel=DC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by pr1983

The we all hate Wonder Woman now thing is pretty black and white...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:28 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

The rub here is that there're two DC's. There's the DC that does the JLA et al. and then there's Vertigo. Apart from the occasional Justice Leaguer cameo in Sandman or Swamp Thing, you'd literally never know they were the sam e company. Only in the past few years has Marvel begun to match the sophistication and subtlety of DC's best work, Alias for example. OTOH, for all DC's heights, there month in month outs comics are more often than not mediocre. In their "normal comics" DC typically only has great stories when they tell stories that are only peripherally "super-hero" tales. In contrast, Marvel may not have DC's amazing standouts, but compare the Kang War to Our World at War. Oh wait, there is no comparison.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:39 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Ive heard about the Kang War in Marvel but since Ive been away from comics for 7 years could someone fill me in on what it was about??? was it as big as Our Worlds At War in DC????

The Word

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 06:59 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pr1983

these things pr are always stated by people who don't read DC PR UC UR OK smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:44 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Bah! I still think it's ridiculous that everyone's pissed at Wonder Woman.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:46 AM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Marvel=DC
i think more people say between the ages of 25 and under grew up on marvel and people older than that on dc so it's kinda kids vs adults.

me personally i like both marvel unpreditable (sometimes) and dc classic.

i do think a lot of marvel fans on here are either young or don't actually read comics though. Which would explain the dumb arguments, lack of focus or staying to topic, and of course the dumb a** results i.e DC's overpowered but they all some how lose to every marvel character. like in the Wonder Woman vs F4 fight apparently WW stands still while the F4 go for death shots?

Some truth here although I read both smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:46 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is everyone pissed at wonder woman?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:23 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

She killed a villain because it was the only way to stop him.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 01:10 PM